Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Zone League 3 Thread

RAAF were only beaten 3-0 in state cup by UNI ZPL. Thats pretty impressive, they will be in the top 3 teams of ZPL.
    So therefore RAAF may suprise. Dudley will finish top 4.

Hard to judge based on trials and State cup. Never know when higher teams field their best team etc. I know I wouldn't if coaching Uni Zpl against RAAF.
    Also, Tenambit 1st played terrace reserves and won 2-1. Mayfield played the same terrace reserves and beat terrace at least 5-1. Very hard to judge.
    Kurri always dig deep.
    Mayfield had too many players, so they could be very strong with so many numbers and only using second rate team in state cup.
    Simba and cooks hill are always top 4 or 5, with no stocko or bero they should be top 3.

Wrong 3-1 it was against the terrace I would Believe tenanbit were missing players but mayfield will surprise a few very different team to last year in the mayfield game we (terrace) played terrible they have git a few handy players there

That cousin of mine said it was 5-1, need to have a word to him.
    That's my point, cant really rely on trials or cup games for evidence.
    Stocko lost in State cup rd1 to Tenambit, I believe they will be in the top half of ZL2 this year.

Quote Originally Posted by sharky21 View Post
    1-7 predictions or just top 4 bottom 3?
    That was my 1-7 prediction. But who knows??

I think Cooks Hill, Simba and Tenambit will have strong seasons but unfortunately for Mayfield I cant see them finishing too far from the bottom.
    I know nothing about the other 3 sides

I guess we will all know more come August....

im telling you now, RAAF will be dark horses. You gotta remember they get blokes from everywhere and are quite handy
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Anyone got trials this weekend?

Mayfield today down 3-2 vs id2 champs charlestown but hey right us off early..... im happy as under dogs

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    im telling you now, RAAF will be dark horses. You gotta remember they get blokes from everywhere and are quite handy
    Raaf were rubbish in state cup as were zpl uni it was the worst fixture at the gardens. They are small unfit and appauling was description I was given

Quote Originally Posted by reddevil17 View Post
    Raaf were rubbish in state cup as were zpl uni it was the worst fixture at the gardens. They are small unfit and appauling was description I was given
    That coming from Mayfield who lost to Dungogs All age/over 35s.

State Cup first round is a bit hit and miss as it is most teams first match for the year.

Mayfield today down 3-2 vs id2 champs charlestown but hey right us off early..... im happy as under dogs
    Mayfield's State Cup result (losing to Dungog AA or 35's or whoever they were) along with their poor results in previous seasons is why I had them at the bottom
    I've got no other info on them or nothing against them, it would be good to see them have a strong year for once.

Feel free to list your own predictions.
    Last edited by Giges; 31-03-2014 at 10:18 AM. Reason: spelling

I'll be keeping a keen eye on this comp

One of our guys heard raaf training twice a week and bringing in all different types of coaches for different sessons. Fitness coaches etc, anyone that trains more then once a week would want to finish top 4.

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    anyone that trains more then once a week would want to finish top 4.
    Really?? I figured that would be the norm for any team competing in this comp. Once a week sounds like all age kick about to me!!

id2 champs charlestown
    You obviously mean Gf winners they finished 3rd 11 points off the id2 champs ( musswellbrook) and got into the top 4 by 1 point.

arrrhh yes Russ, myself too. Only I will be getting the 'best seat' some weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by sharky21 View Post
    You obviously mean Gf winners they finished 3rd 11 points off the id2 champs ( musswellbrook) and got into the top 4 by 1 point.
    First = premiers
    Grand final winners = champions
    OK

Last time I checked none of our guys are getting paid to play. One ZPL team I know of only training once a week. Like I said, pressure on teams that train twice a week. You would want to make semis.

Hurry up Saturday

Training once a week would be good - life has caught up with me & training is no longer an option, so sadly looks like football wont be either.