Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Zone League 2 Thread

Stocko v Merewether
    Ressies 1-2: Merewether took their chances, we didn't. 1 being an own goal as he ran back to clear off the line after initial great save, not sure if the player taking the first shot was offside? 2nd goal wS straight after half time, 1 on 1 breakaway and slotted calmly. Stocko had much of the possession and running but couldn't get it in the back of the net. The goal we did score was a bit of a laugh as the merewether gk let a tame drive roll straight into his bottom corner from the 18.
    Firsts 5-2 Stocko out flying 2 goals early including an absolute pearler, game went I to a lull with Stocko missing plenty of good chances and Merewether slotting one away. Merewether captain missed a sitter at the back stick then tried to claim a handball on the GK using his elbow to stop the ball.... Stocko then clicked Into gear again and put away 3 more goals including Merewether own goal which included the GK punching the ball in... Good result for 1sts and although result wasn't there for ressies the performance was pleasing

Correction for 1st grade scoreline
    Last edited by Buddha; 13-04-2014 at 09:29 AM.
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Good to see bero get a point today the shit dogs! Be in for a long year the grubs!!!

butthurt much?

ressy's uni 6-2 medowie
    firsts uni 6-0 medowie

Not to sure how many Medowie folk are on here, but on behalf of uni would like to congratulate them on playing both grades with 14 players, a massive effort on a heavy pitch. They easily could have forfeited first grade, but full credit to them, got the ball on the deck and tried to play even in the second half of firsts.

Quote Originally Posted by hamsull4 View Post
    ressy's uni 6-2 medowie
    firsts uni 6-0 medowie

Not to sure how many Medowie folk are on here, but on behalf of uni would like to congratulate them on playing both grades with 14 players, a massive effort on a heavy pitch. They easily could have forfeited first grade, but full credit to them, got the ball on the deck and tried to play even in the second half of firsts.
    I wonder what happened to all their players? I can remember hearing at the start of the season they had a heap of players possibly turning some away. Possibly just a one off

From what i heard yesterday, likely a one off which is good

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    Stocko v Merewether
    Ressies 1-2: Merewether took their chances, we didn't. 1 being an own goal as he ran back to clear off the line after initial great save, not sure if the player taking the first shot was offside? 2nd goal wS straight after half time, 1 on 1 breakaway and slotted calmly. Stocko had much of the possession and running but couldn't get it in the back of the net. The goal we did score was a bit of a laugh as the merewether gk let a tame drive roll straight into his bottom corner from the 18.
    Firsts 5-2 Stocko out flying 2 goals early including an absolute pearler, game went I to a lull with Stocko missing plenty of good chances and Merewether slotting one away. Merewether captain missed a sitter at the back stick then tried to claim a handball on the GK using his elbow to stop the ball.... Stocko then clicked Into gear again and put away 3 more goals including Merewether own goal which included the GK punching the ball in... Good result for 1sts and although result wasn't there for ressies the performance was pleasing

Correction for 1st grade scoreline
    You guys did come out firing and played some good football in firsts - utilised the tall forwards well. Your guys also missed a couple of easier sitters too and we were lucky not to concede more in the end. The keeper saved the initial sitter from the corner of the six yard box then the man on the post who blocked the second shot was the one the appeals were against - always a hard one to call when the ball gets whacked at someone from a close distance anyway.

Was quite frustrating that the refs were taking over 5-10 seconds regularly to decide and signal all the close corner/goal kick/throw in decisions. Even if it's wrong it should at least be done fairly quickly to allow the game to keep flowing a bit better.

Plattsberg no 15 in first grade kicking a bloke on the ground your my idol DOG ACT

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken ranger View Post
    Plattsberg no 15 in first grade kicking a bloke on the ground your my idol DOG ACT
    Hope he got sent?
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Reports I've heard is Lumberjack has already scored a bomb and produced a near on spear tackle
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Hope he got sent?
    Second yellow so yes

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken ranger View Post
    Second yellow so yes
    Even better, can't appeal it :P
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Even better, can't appeal it :P
    DOG ACT he deserves more then a 1 week suspension for he's actions

Scores from today's games?

Plattsy v terrace
    0-1
    1-4
    Two good wins for the terrace shame bout some players behaviour for plattsy

Mussy v Charly
    2-3 res
    3-2 1st

terrace vs plattsy

4-1 res
    1-0 1st

just what i seen from the side lines,terrace res should have won by 10,in 1st pretty fired up game,terrace held on 1 nill,dirty DOG act by platsy sub to be sent off,for a dirty worst tackle then kevin muscat has done in the a league,kicking a bloke while on the ground,shit ground,shit facilitys at platsy.considering so many people have rated raymond terrace this year,they will be the easy beat teams in 1st & reserve grade this year.

Sounds like it was all happening at Plattsy. Any neutrals there that care to give a wrap up?

The Mussy - Charlie game was quite pleasant to watch. I think people were expecting some bad blood but they were both decent games.
    The referee made some interesting calls that confused both teams. He managed to forget telling an injured Charlie player that he was free to return to play and then there was the moment he forgot about a 1st half sub and was questioning the Mussy coach as to why he wasn't told about their halftime sub which didn't actually exist.
    All in all though, top show from everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dreaded Keeper View Post
    Sounds like it was all happening at Plattsy. Any neutrals there that care to give a wrap up?
    Pretty scrappy game really. The wind didn't help either team play football.
    Terrace definately had the edge pushing forward through lez.
    He fired one into the top corner a bit before half time.
    Nothing much happened all second half apart from terrace missing a few chances.
    Plattsy looked alright for the brief periods where they got the ball on the deck.

As for the send off.
    The sub for plattsy came on with not long to go.
    Had a yellow card early for a 50/50 contest in my opinion.
    Just before full time he lashed out and kicked a terrace player who was on the ground as he ran past.
    Definately a straight red but neither ref had a great view. In the end a second yellow and off anyway with a spray from the terrace faithful haha