Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014/15 A-League Transfers Rumors & Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Sorry to nit pick at you're post Pico. My Understanding is the Club receives $2.5 million from the TV deal which is directly tied to players salary and nothing else. So there is no need for us to not be using the whole Cap.
    Yes they do receive the $2.55 mill but no where does it say they have to spend the entire cap on the HAL squad, merely that the club distributions will be used for player payments, they are required to spend the salary floor for the HAL for which I believe sits at $2m. There should be no reason that the club cannot use the remaining club distribution for paying the youth league players, reducing the overall running costs of the club.

As I understand it the linking of the club distribution was to create greater contract security for the players so whilst the FFA & PFA stated it would be used to fund the salary cap I'd be very surprised if any left over club distribution after player contracts have been honoured could be with held from a club because they elected to spend the salary floor instead of the cap

http://m.footballaustralia.com.au/ne...extended/69828

middleby has specifically spoke about recruitment and the clubs desire to work to a total player budget, I would be surprised looking at the players we have on our books to find $2.5m worth of players just in the HAL squad.

http://m.footballaustralia.com.au/ne...ddleby/70973/5
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

Banned
    The point Davutovic made about making it mandatory to play U21 players in the squad makes sense.

The point he made about it opening it up for foreigners to come here well he can go get ****ed on that.
    No way in the world should we be using a rule like that to allow foreigners to come here and play and negate our potential NT pool of players.

FFS the FFA should have now figured out why we can't find a left back in this country and that is because the clubs won't play them. They constantly keep allowing clubs to waste Visa players on blokes like Byun Fabio Cassio etc and as a result there is barely an Aussie playing left back worthy of selection for NT.

Then you add in gooses like GVE who play blokes like Thommo Gallaway and Pepper etc at Left Back and then is it any wonder we can't find a left back to play for the Socceroos

Mariners have released Pasfield

Banned
    Mariners have released Pasfield
    Should sell them BK

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Should sell them BK
    More likely Birraz goes for peanuts and we sign Pasfield to compete with BK.

Matt Jurman? I'd rather another unknown German.

Roar fans were stoked to see the back of him.

Quote Originally Posted by howardyou View Post
    Matt Jurman? I'd rather another unknown German.

Roar fans were stoked to see the back of him.
    Our keepers would be stoked to see the back of him. Mostly though, they will see the front of him as he chases down a striker he has lost track of and allowed into a goal scoring position.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Should sell them BK
    we dont sell players we give them away

http://aff152.toptenarticle.com/play...rpool-summer-9

Look who could be coming home, my money is on FC to sign him.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Well who is looking for a new #1? Perth would be my best bet.

Or perhaps City, though I'm unsure if Redmayne or Flapphi are still contracted?
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Jones isnt coming back here geniuses
    He will go to the Championship or lower EPL team
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Bernie Ibini to Sydney FC

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Bernie Ibini to Sydney FC
    Won't be the last Mariner to go there either....now you can see the positives of Arnie not coming here and making us Gypos 2.1

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Won't be the last Mariner to go there either....now you can see the positives of Arnie not coming here and making us Gypos 2.1
    Bojic will probably be stoked. He wasn't as effective at Sydney this season.

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    Jones isnt coming back here geniuses
    He will go to the Championship or lower EPL team
    Really? I thought he had little interest in playing competitively & constantly. I thought he was happy to take it easy, lessnpressure, etc after his family issues. Hence why he was happy to be number 3 or 2 at pool.

I really wouldn't be surprised if he does a culina-esque early move back home
    OK

It's because he doesn't have Matt Ryan making him look awesome anymore
    OK

Some scum fan on another foz said Bojic might be off as apparently he left Arnold/CCM on less than amicable terms.

Some scum fan on another foz said Bojic might be off as apparently he left Arnold/CCM on less than amicable terms.
    interesting. Makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Really? I thought he had little interest in playing competitively & constantly. I thought he was happy to take it easy, lessnpressure, etc after his family issues. Hence why he was happy to be number 3 or 2 at pool.

I really wouldn't be surprised if he does a culina-esque early move back home
    He was happy with this while he was taking care of his son Luca who had leukemia. Unfortunately he passed away and now that enough time may have gone by, he might be looking to get his career moving forward again. I think he is still good enough to play in a lower EPL team or a decent Championship team definately.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    He was happy with this while he was taking care of his son Luca who had leukemia. Unfortunately he passed away and now that enough time may have gone by, he might be looking to get his career moving forward again. I think he is still good enough to play in a lower EPL team or a decent Championship team definately.
    Bloke is 3rd Choice at Liverpool.

Seriously doubt lower end EPL teams are scouting blokes in his position for a gig. Would almost be akin to Jets signing someone like Jurman for a Stoke or Palace to sign Liverpool nobodies.

Bloke would be lucky to get a gig at a Championship club let alone a good one