Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Zone League 2 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by the_butcher View Post
    Reserve grade
    Muswellbrook 5 Belmont 0
    Belmont had a great chance inside the first minute forcing a fantastic double save from mussy keeper. From that point on it was all one way traffic.
    Congrats. mussy were defo the class act of ressies this year. hopefully continue in the gf as it would be well deserved

Thanks Butcher, and congrats to your ressies, undefeated going into the GF next week well done!
    It was a pretty scrappy game today with neither side finding their rythym, a few injuries to our guys made it hard to play to our potential, hopefully guys will bounce back and fire up for next week.
    Well done to Olympic boys for getting as far as they did, good finish to the second half of the season!
    Congrats to our guys for holding in there and making it to the GF next week! massive result considering where we have finished in last few seasons, last GF was back in 2007 which we won so enjoy your week and prepare for a massive game next Sat!
    Good luck to both teams playing tomorrow looking forward to playing whoever makes it through!

Quote Originally Posted by the_butcher View Post
    I thought the standard of the game was very poor. Both sides looked very ordinary. In the first 25mins terrace only survived because somehow Olympics attack was even worse than terraces defense! Terrace were very one dimensional, looking long at every opportunity. It made for a pretty boring affair that saw a few cars leave before half time.

Anyway, let's hope the gf is a more exciting match!

Massive congratulations to Raymond terrace, minor premiers and grand finalists, well done fellas.
    Condolences to Olympic, they played some good football throughout the season and made a good contest of the finals.

Reserve grade
    Muswellbrook 5 Belmont 0
    Belmont had a great chance inside the first minute forcing a fantastic double save from mussy keeper. From that point on it was all one way traffic.
    Have to agree with the butcher..... One dimensional long balls were the order of the day.... Even from olympic which certainly did not suit the way they like to play....... Terrace need to be very wary if they play the long ball style that they like to play at home at the smaller olympic field they will find it hard to score against a team that will mark out te 2 fellas up front

Great season by the Olympic boys did well after getting promoted last season
    Congrats to Terrace deserved Minor Premiers and done well in the 2 legs deserved Grand Finalists Good Luck goin for the double next week u deserve it

I noticed alot of yellow cards for rayt yesterday bout 4 I think ...... Anyone pick up their 2nd and is suspended next week Ranger????

made the tough decision to head to belmont instead of wanderers. rolled up for fulltime of reserves - and I'm guessing jesmond are through, judging from the claps.
    OK

midway through first half & the cats score. Belmont need at least 3 to make the big game now.

tough nuts & we love it, etc

btw Belmont look hopeless apart from throw ins
    OK

still 1-0 to cats halfway through second half.

from a Belmont perspective - the ref is biased. from a football perspective - elbows in the back consistently deserve a foul.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    still 1-0 to cats halfway through second half.

from a Belmont perspective - the ref is biased. from a football perspective - elbows in the back consistently deserve a foul.
    cheers for the updates pv

So as it currently stands
    First gf: terrace vs west lakes
    Res gf: muswellbrook vs jesmond

Can anyone confirm?

yep jesmond won, confirmed.

belmont don't look like even scoring 1, let alone 3.

a little overconfidence looks to have put the cats into the final at the mutual ground. what's the : code for the violin?
    OK

belmont resorting to long ball and their big #9 tries to start a biff. how does an illiterate Foz member properly spell the word "desperation"?

btw big #9 got a yellow.
    OK

finished 1-0.

that's 2-0 on aggregate, to all the haters.

see y'all at the mutual ground next week.

good game for the cats today. we didnt play at our best but were good enough for the win.
    thanks to belmont, was a good day and always enjoy playing you guys always a strong game.

Was a good result in that the best two teams over the year will be playing in the grand final.
    cant wait to play on a mutual field. GJ23 I know you guys will put on a good day for us saturday, hopefully we can put on a good spectacle for you .

Coyfw
    OK

Just noticed that jesmond reserves have gone through undefeated.... Congrats to them....... Not everyday you see a gf with 2 undefeated teams playing in it

Quote Originally Posted by roundballsarebetter View Post
    Just noticed that jesmond reserves have gone through undefeated.... Congrats to them....... Not everyday you see a gf with 2 undefeated teams playing in it
    good point
    well done to both teams. definately a rare scenario. will be a good game.
    No disrepect to jeso but go mussy as I thought they were the class act of the ressies comp (or best team)
    Last edited by true waterboy; 09-09-2012 at 08:28 PM.

have been reminded that last year Belmont forfeited a game which cost Westlakes a semis spot. little bit of what goes around comes around for them, maybe.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by roundballsarebetter View Post
    I noticed alot of yellow cards for rayt yesterday bout 4 I think ...... Anyone pick up their 2nd and is suspended next week Ranger????
    Hey round balls, I think we have one out, can only hope the ref didn't put it on the team sheet I'm guessing we will receive notification thru the mail this week!

Quote Originally Posted by RANGER09 View Post
    Hey round balls, I think we have one out, can only hope the ref didn't put it on the team sheet I'm guessing we will receive notification thru the mail this week!
    One of my mates told me he thinks number 4 got his second yellow? is that the person you are refering too.
    personally im not a fan of refs not submitting cards (we even submitted the red that our club ref gave out), however I know there are a number of them refuse to submit reports and therefore find it easier to leave them out
    Last edited by true waterboy; 09-09-2012 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by true waterboy View Post
    One of my mates told me he thinks number 4 got his second yellow? is that the person you are refering too.
    personally im not a fan of refs not submitting cards (we even submitted the red that our club ref gave out), however I know there are a number of them refuse to submit reports and therefore find it easier to leave them out
    Yeah will be a shame as he has only played a handful of games this season due to injury, I'm sure he will be giving plenty of support for our boys from the sideline!