Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Zone League 3 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    can confirm that Stockton v Dungog is on sportingpulse

http://www.sportingpulse.com/comp_in...63-0&pool=1001

nothing official released to club email accounts, well not to Cooks Hill ZFL account anyway

huge news

on top of the semi final snafu that saw the game moved this is not a good look for Simba
    An email sent to clubs yesterday says simba v dungog.
    cooks hill and uni in ressies
    has it been confirmed about simba playing non eligible players or is it just speculation atm?
    if so you would have thought something would have been officially stated by now?

It has been confirmed to SJFC as of 3pm this afternoon via phone call from NF. Simba were playing numerous players under false names, and we were only able to realise due to players from within our squad having connections with them outside of football, a few went to school with some of them hence they knew their names, which were not present on the team sheet. This has also been confirmed via photos that a fan took on the day and we were able to connect their aliases and numbers to photocard which did not match. NF would not act on this massive occasion on heresay and would only make the right decision based on sound proof of which we had.
    I know this may sound like sour grapes from our club, but our boys have worked hard all year to make the grand final fair and square, whereas Simba in this case, although they too worked hard, did not make it in a fair and square manner. NF had to act and in our opinion did so in the right manner. Not the way we wanted to make the final, but rules are there to be adhered too and we and im sure all other clubs have done so throughout the season.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Wow, remember hamo azzurri got cut from id 2's GF for ineligible player after beating Cardiff. Tigers went on to win.

Would photo id's help? could get tricky tho.
    All Age had to have Photo IDs last year, would surprise me if ZL didn't need them.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    all players have to register through myfootballclub with a photo, AA and ZFL

and rolo, I don't think anyone is begrudging Stockton's spot in the final - in this case Simba broke the rules and don't deserve to be there

here's hoping you have better luck in this grand final than you did in futsal

Russell Henry has just sent a confirmation email

After several calls yesterday asking to confirm the two clubs in League Three 1st Grade GF (changed on the web), I will now advise that due to Regulation breaches Stockton FC has replaced Hunter Simba FC.

Toronto Awaba will be one of the teams nominating for this competition next year.

Who else is in it ?

Cooks Hill United are putting a team in again

Quote Originally Posted by Youaskedforit View Post
    Toronto Awaba will be one of the teams nominating for this competition next year.
    what will be the likely makeup of the squad? the allage teams currently playing for Awaba juniors?

will it be solely Toronto-Awaba juniors or will it be apart of the senior club?
    OK

Bit of everyone mate, all age, 17-19 year olds, maybe some lakes boys and whoever else wants to come play competitively but still have fun..... shiftworkers who cant train full on, blokes who work away or commit to higher leagues etc etc and blokes who love Toronto but wont play elsewhere in the area.

Solely Toronto Awaba Juniors, absolutely nothing to do with senior club at all.

Dungog is not worried who we play, providing we know who! As this puts a spanner in our works, as to how to approach the game. Definitely different tactics for Stockton rather then simba.
    Hopefully there will be plenty more teams for 2013 ( with no simba ).
    Dungog I believe will be there fighting it out for promotion in 2013, after getting a few gains for 2013

Quote Originally Posted by shark attack View Post
    who mentioned anything about dungog read the quote stockton v dungog , zimba outed due to cheating which has been going on for along time , we could only get evidence correct last week after we told them on sunday at coroba oval that they couldnt play up to 3 guys because they are registered with other clubs and played guys under different names , so after telling them that they still went ahead and played them so what are we supposed to do sit there take it im sure you guys wouldnt of copped it and beyond that i feel for cookers who should off been playing in the final series but we just couldnt prove anything back then.
    Apologies mate, not gonna lie when I first read your post I read it as "simba v dungog" and thought you were sarcastically saying that those two teams shouldn't have been in the final. Might go get my eyes checked ay....

So

Toronto Awaba
    Stockton
    Dungog
    Cooks Hill
    Mayfield
    Kurri Kurri ( ID2 )
    Simba

Would be this years ID3 setup, with approval, plus one more ?

So

Toronto Awaba
    Stockton
    Dungog
    Cooks Hill
    Mayfield
    Kurri Kurri ( ID2 )
    Simba

Would be this years ID3 setup, with approval, plus one more ?

I reckon Simba will be given another chance seeing it was their first foray into
    Divisional Football but they will be scrutinised like no other team in ID/ZFL history.
    And so they should be. That and that it's (Country singer) Slim Pickins for clubs in ZL3

Azzurri really should step up to Z3s

having two teams in AA/A is a bit silly

Would be great to have a few more teams in the competition. A 10 or 12 team competition would be ideal.

What is the actual standard of the competition ?

Young blokes, old blokes , fat blokes ?

All of the above

Hmmmm.. I tick the boxes for 2 of those 3 categories..

Mainly younger players, I'd say the average age of the teams would be around:

Simba - 23 years
    Dungog - 22 years
    Stockton - 24 years
    Uni - 27 years
    Mayfield - 25 years
    Cooks Hill - 29 years

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Hmmmm.. I tick the boxes for 2 of those 3 categories..
    As i do know you Bon, you have me scratching my head which one you are not ))