Page 81 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 2002

Thread: 2014 National Premier League

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Acolyte View Post
    So that equates to one marquee player, any mistakes will have to be little ones. Promotion and relegation is a good system, but you've got to feel for Lake Macquarie a few near misses sealed their fate. I hope they can get their problems sorted out, starting with the right coaching appointment, the competition needs a team representing that area. When you consider that you didn't have to change much to see Magic finish in that position which, would have been seen as a disaster, and rightly so, losing Lakes from the competition was also a disaster. I hope to see them back soon , we need 'em.
    Don't forget they are allowed their other 200 odd points also. The opportunity to buy some proven talent is still available. You just can't go crazy like in the past.

Interesting thing to note that the team that had the least points WESTON lost the GF and the team that had the most JAFFAS won the GF.

Needless to say then the success can be achieved under the points system by going local and is not a valid excuse at all for clubs to bemoan about

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mervan View Post
    Eventually the points system will force clubs to produce from within and who will then stay This still won't prevent " marque" players like maj who has played for 5 clubs in 10 years or swancott.
    Never will stop the top players shopping themselves around.

Will though stop the lesser players playing for multiple clubs in their careers though. Clubs can justify the points for getting a quality player like Maj. They will struggle to justify the points for some bloke who is just a first grader and the club could sign 20 others of similar calibre

In one regard it will hopefully reign wages in as the demand for players to change clubs from clubs wanting to buy will be reduced and much more selective so the blokes not lucky enough to be in high demand will have to take what offers they can from the existing club

[QUOTE=The Acolyte;92311]So that equates to one marquee player, any mistakes will have to be little ones. Promotion and relegation is a good system, but you've got to feel for Lake Macquarie a few near misses sealed their fate. I hope they can get their problems sorted out, starting with the right coaching appointment, the competition needs a team representing that area. When you consider that you didn't have to change much to see Magic finish in that position which, would have been seen as a disaster, and rightly so, losing Lakes from the competition was also a disaster. I hope to see them back soon , we need 'em.[/QUOTE

Good club Lakes are but no gaurantee of getting straight back up . Just look at Valo this year .

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Don't forget they are allowed their other 200 odd points also. The opportunity to buy some proven talent is still available. You just can't go crazy like in the past.

Interesting thing to note that the team that had the least points WESTON lost the GF and the team that had the most JAFFAS won the GF.

Needless to say then the success can be achieved under the points system by going local and is not a valid excuse at all for clubs to bemoan about
    I don't think that the squad was the problem at Weston as they played for the minor premiership in the last comp. match. I managed to lose a GF with an undefeated side, but there was never any doubt who was the best side in the competition that year, that's the nature of competition any one can be beaten. What I find disappointing is that kick and chase with your head down was good enough to win the minor premiership. Stubbins is awake to the problem as he has brought South Americans in to fill the void, maybe the jets will play a better style of football that the NPL coaches can pick up on, instead of waiting for Brisbane and now Adelaide to show up for a lesson on how the game should be played

Banned
    I don't think that the squad was the problem at Weston as they played for the minor premiership in the last comp. match. I managed to lose a GF with an undefeated side, but there was never any doubt who was the best side in the competition that year, that's the nature of competition any one can be beaten. What I find disappointing is that kick and chase with your head down was good enough to win the minor premiership. Stubbins is awake to the problem as he has brought South Americans in to fill the void, maybe the jets will play a better style of football that the NPL coaches can pick up on, instead of waiting for Brisbane and now Adelaide to show up for a lesson on how the game should be played
    Kick and Chase won the Minor Premiership??

FFS Your having a laugh now

The Jets football isn't what I would call kick and chase football. It ain't what anyone other than you would call kick and chase football.

5000 passes to go nowhere isn't kick and chase football.

I would even go as far in one regard the muppet is right with his vision. His implementation is severely lacking and there are many levels he is missing to make this style work

I would also suggest one of the kick and chase styles big benefits is the speed of ball movement being quick
    The EJ program have a major issue with ball movement speed period and I would describe their speed as slow

How the game should be play? I could imagine that would be hard to say whilst having Craig Forster c*#k in your mouth.
    I always thought the game was played so 2 teams compete against each other and the one who store's more goal is the winner, can someone tell me when the rules changed to the winner being how they played the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    How the game should be play? I could imagine that would be hard to say whilst having Craig Forster c*#k in your mouth.
    I always thought the game was played so 2 teams compete against each other and the one who store's more goal is the winner, can someone tell me when the rules changed to the winner being how they played the game.
    You really should write your own posts and not leave it to a pre schooler to do it for you. And just because Craig Foster doesn't like your ugly head there's no need for your foul mouthed little rat to make accusations. If I got the wrong impression from your post I apologize for my response, the grammatical errors and spelling mistake made your post somewhat cryptic, and tell the little rat to learn to spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    If you head to the NPL Youth thread, there's an interesting debate how the undefeated Olympic team isn't the best team because of how they played. Apparently they played a different style to the other teams, when they should've played the same way as the other teams and not played to their strengths. The other teams were better because they played more attractive football.
    So when you find out about the rule change, I'd also be interested to know...

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    If you head to the NPL Youth thread, there's an interesting debate how the undefeated Olympic team isn't the best team because of how they played. Apparently they played a different style to the other teams, when they should've played the same way as the other teams and not played to their strengths. The other teams were better because they played more attractive football.
    So when you find out about the rule change, I'd also be interested to know...
    There's an undefeated 3rd grade side playing next week , I can arrange a bus so you and your mates can have a great day at the football. If you give me the numbers interested I will also provide carers , 1 carer to 2 wombats, they'll wipe the dribble off your shirts and make sure you take your medication. As an added bonus I won't be there as Barcelona are playing at the same time, and although they get beat now and then I'll be watching them.

And there has been no rule change as far as I'm aware. A wombat is still referred to as a wombat.
    Last edited by The Acolyte; 18-09-2014 at 02:21 PM. Reason: adding scipt

I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Never will stop the top players shopping themselves around.

Will though stop the lesser players playing for multiple clubs in their careers though. Clubs can justify the points for getting a quality player like Maj. They will struggle to justify the points for some bloke who is just a first grader and the club could sign 20 others of similar calibre

In one regard it will hopefully reign wages in as the demand for players to change clubs from clubs wanting to buy will be reduced and much more selective so the blokes not lucky enough to be in high demand will have to take what offers they can from the existing club
    Yes very good point. Clubs wage bill will come down and hopefully more money to update and maintain facilities.

Yes very good point. Clubs wage bill will come down and hopefully more money to update and maintain facilities.
    Doubt it very much... nothing goes down in price in this society.... 'Established' first graders wages will continue to rise incrementally each year, clubs will put a heavy price on experience as other clubs try to entice more experience to join and will have a flow on effect...

Lets be honest here... this NPL structure, PPS, etc will not stop exorbitant player wages, and clubs will not risk introducing more than 1 or 2 so called "development/ club developed" players into the first grade starting line up each year, unless they have already had a taste of first grade somewhere else, the player pool is not as deep as everyone thinks... we already see now that players 18-20yo leaving the E Jets are commanding $300+ per week and double that at certain clubs. If something is in DEMAND people will pay, and pay handsomely, even loyalty has its price.

If clubs are averaging $50-60K now per season Expect a $5K increase each year from now (inception of NPL) until the issue comes to a head and clubs start getting into serious financial ruin... so what money is left for developing facilities? hahahahaha

Lets say Jaffas (for example) average $400 per week per player for their starting 11... and it is well know that certain players in the Jaffas starting line up 2014 get much more than that so you will still have a few players at $200pw in the squad... but at $400pw average for the starting 11, 21 games per season, that over $90K... average $300 per week thats $69K... not many established players are going to change clubs for under $300pw, so if they aint going to change for that much they'd expect to stay for that much... and clubs will have more pressure to push established players out to cater for youth (whole point of PPS) but competition between clubs for these "fringe" players will and is becoming more intense... and more and more money will be thrown at these players as coaches 'guarantee' them first grade... I don't know what the answer is.

There is a strong rumour that 50K has been allocated to the coaches of Maitland to buy 6 players to ensure they dont get relegated first year up? And we expect bonus's will go down... laughable.

It seems when it comes to the NPL and the restructure of the competition with the increased expectation of professionalism and administration, player bonus's have followed suit and will continue too long into the future. As we pay our $8 every week we expect to go to games to watch quality football involving quality players, not donkey kids running around because some PPS said they have too, there is a lot of pressure on coaches and clubs to deliver a quality product (and not get relegated).

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    Doubt it very much... nothing goes down in price in this society.... 'Established' first graders wages will continue to rise incrementally each year, clubs will put a heavy price on experience as other clubs try to entice more experience to join and will have a flow on effect...

Lets be honest here... this NPL structure, PPS, etc will not stop exorbitant player wages, and clubs will not risk introducing more than 1 or 2 so called "development/ club developed" players into the first grade starting line up each year, unless they have already had a taste of first grade somewhere else, the player pool is not as deep as everyone thinks... we already see now that players 18-20yo leaving the E Jets are commanding $300+ per week and double that at certain clubs. If something is in DEMAND people will pay, and pay handsomely, even loyalty has its price.

If clubs are averaging $50-60K now per season Expect a $5K increase each year from now (inception of NPL) until the issue comes to a head and clubs start getting into serious financial ruin... so what money is left for developing facilities? hahahahaha

Lets say Jaffas (for example) average $400 per week per player for their starting 11... and it is well know that certain players in the Jaffas starting line up 2014 get much more than that so you will still have a few players at $200pw in the squad... but at $400pw average for the starting 11, 21 games per season, that over $90K... average $300 per week thats $69K... not many established players are going to change clubs for under $300pw, so if they aint going to change for that much they'd expect to stay for that much... and clubs will have more pressure to push established players out to cater for youth (whole point of PPS) but competition between clubs for these "fringe" players will and is becoming more intense... and more and more money will be thrown at these players as coaches 'guarantee' them first grade... I don't know what the answer is.

There is a strong rumour that 50K has been allocated to the coaches of Maitland to buy 6 players to ensure they dont get relegated first year up? And we expect bonus's will go down... laughable.

It seems when it comes to the NPL and the restructure of the competition with the increased expectation of professionalism and administration, player bonus's have followed suit and will continue too long into the future. As we pay our $8 every week we expect to go to games to watch quality football involving quality players, not donkey kids running around because some PPS said they have too, there is a lot of pressure on coaches and clubs to deliver a quality product (and not get relegated).
    Maybe a Salary Cap along with the PPS is the answer.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Do you believe then that Kale and Dino have left for more money?

I believe they aint getting less than the Magic players they are replacing, doesn't matter what they were paid only what they will be paid.

I believe they aint getting less than the Magic players they are replacing, doesn't matter what they were paid only what they will be paid.
    Sounds like your talking in riddles.

Who are they replacing.

This will be Dino faj fourth club in 4 years, I think this answers your question

Banned

I think you will find the likes of Maj Haynes Evans etc will be the big winners from the system. They have the ability and clubs will pay whatever they have to to get them. They have the bargaining power and the clubs don't in this instance

I do not think you will find the lesser in demand players are going have the same luxury.
    Clubs have the bargaining power there particularly when the player has little interest from elsewhere in the NPL what are there choices?? Stay with the existing club and take whatever is offered or go to New FM ZPL and get paid less anyway. They don't take it and they can then be replaced anyway from someone in a desperate position anyway and once again wages are saved

Simple supply and demand. When the demand isn't there the club can reign the wages in to sign a player.

The other thing you neglect to acknowledge is the clubs have the ability to reign the wages in if they desire by focusing on their youth going forward.

A Club will sooner or later cotton onto this concept and when they do and achieve success and a strong club without paying the huge $$$ others will increase their efforts to move towards this model

I still find it bizarre that people willingly accept the type of money wasted in football in this country at this level. 60k-90k per club could see some great facilities better standards with coaching/training etc if the money was actually going to where it should be and not to line blokes pockets for playing in a amateur level comp on the weekend.

Absolutely ridiculous that people willingly accept this as normal from clubs to spend this in the pursuit of winning a ****ing trophy that quite frankly no **** outside of Newy football community gives a flying **** about

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    This will be Dino faj fourth club in 4 years, I think this answers your question
    I think its well known that players dont come to Magic for the money, they dont seem to win the cash based player tug of wars... im sure Chilli n Bobby present a pretty compelling quality footballing environment motivation to players, they always seem to draw in the top players and develop a very tight group that once in find it very hard to leave.

I think its well known that players dont come to Magic for the money, they dont seem to win the cash based player tug of wars... im sure Chilli n Bobby present a pretty compelling quality footballing environment motivation to players, they always seem to draw in the top players and develop a very tight group that once in find it very hard to leave.
    Dillusional