Page 84 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 2002

Thread: 2014 National Premier League

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    So any ideas as to what the alleged point of difference was between club and coach.

Seems rather bizarre as Weston to make the GF would have been a great achievement and well above what most would have expected from them this year
    I would say piggo stepped on a few toes.
    With some players and lower grade coaches being there a long time.
    With the fear of loosing players to maitland it might of been piggo goes or a heap of players and lower grade coaches go.

So Piggo wanted to upset the status quo? Maybe show a few long serving players/coaches the door?

Knowing what I do of the club and the people involved, that sounds exactly how it's probably been, and amplified by Maitland being around next season with intent to bring in new players.

Quote Originally Posted by punter View Post
    I would say piggo stepped on a few toes.
    With some players and lower grade coaches being there a long time.
    With the fear of loosing players to maitland it might of been piggo goes or a heap of players and lower grade coaches go.
    Ah, a man that knows what he's talking about. A mate of mine who knows about these things says the toes have been sore for quite a while. Piggo did his best to educate the sore toee's but they continued to play as sore toed players play. While this was happening the senior members of the sore toee's family continued to stand around up to their knees in their own bullshizen developing tinia and blaming Piggo for their sore toes. Piggo took the pressure of the S T's and put them on the bench, [ I thought he'd taken my advice and taken them for a walk ]. The midfield competed and the side looked nothing like the side that played in the G F. then as the replacements were made it became obvious that some toes were still very sore. Change is difficult for some to accept, and telling grown ups to eat their veges. won't work. I think Weston are headed back to the middle portion of the competition, because change is too hard for some of them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Acolyte View Post
    Ah, a man that knows what he's talking about. A mate of mine who knows about these things says the toes have been sore for quite a while. Piggo did his best to educate the sore toee's but they continued to play as sore toed players play. While this was happening the senior members of the sore toee's family continued to stand around up to their knees in their own bullshizen developing tinia and blaming Piggo for their sore toes. Piggo took the pressure of the S T's and put them on the bench, [ I thought he'd taken my advice and taken them for a walk ]. The midfield competed and the side looked nothing like the side that played in the G F. then as the replacements were made it became obvious that some toes were still very sore. Change is difficult for some to accept, and telling grown ups to eat their veges. won't work. I think Weston are headed back to the middle portion of the competition, because change is too hard for some of them.
    The old saying - Two sides to every story.... More behind it for the bloke to be gone after their season. You seem to know a lot, perhaps your involved or would you make a good journo? I like the reference to your 'mate' ha ha

I've heard the Kingpin Sore Toe be called something like a Camel Toe several times by several people from several clubs

Quote Originally Posted by Newsfeed View Post
    The old saying - Two sides to every story.... More behind it for the bloke to be gone after their season. You seem to know a lot, perhaps your involved or would you make a good journo? I like the reference to your 'mate' ha ha
    Ever heard the saying "loose lips sink ships", I could nominate the date , but I won't as some people may feel self conscious about such carelessness. The names mean nothing to me as I don't know any of the people , but my 'mate' ha ha told me the story the day before the GF. The torpedoes had been in the water a long time.

Totally understand piggos sacking . He failed his banjo exam , even with a tutor and refused to show reruns of the Waltons at video sessions . Wonder whose uncle gunna coach next season ?

So which NPL or Newfm club will pick up Piggo?

I'd lean towards Edgy or Azzurri.

Someones Uncle is slightly off the mark it seems, more like Father

Trevor Morris is the favorite according to the Herald

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/25...hake-up/?cs=12

With the Wilson's going to West Wallsend to play it seems, pretty obvious option for Piggo is Edgeworth. Or he takes a year off, who knows.

Not sure any other coaching movements in NewFM except the Stags looking for a coach.
    We would gladly take Piggo though

Adamstown - G Law
    Broadmeadow - R Virgilli & B Naumov
    Charlestown - S Pryce
    Edgeworth - D Zane
    Hamilton - M Bolch
    Lambton - D Tanchevski
    Maitland - C Turner
    South Cardiff - G Asquith
    Weston - T Morris

Belmont - B Paul
    Cesnock - S Thomsom
    Lake Macquarie -
    Singleton - S Baillie
    Thornton - D McCallister
    Toronto -
    Valentine - A Hackett
    Wallsend - G Rowe
    Last edited by The Postman; 22-09-2014 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    I'd lean towards Edgy or Azzurri.
    It looks like I know a secret, but there'll be no loose lips from me.

damian zane is the edgy coach next season

please dont call charslestown city blues azzurri because they are not

Quote Originally Posted by italian stallion View Post
    please dont call charslestown city blues azzurri because they are not
    It may be branded Westfield Kotara but to some it will always be Garden City... Whilst CCB plays at Lisle Carr, wears the sky blue shirt, is sponsored by Club Azzuri and still frequented by Italian pensioners... It will always be Highfields Azzuri by those born before 2009.

i played for highfields azzurri and its a insult to azzurri for ccb to be refered to as azzurri.it is nothing like azzurri now.ive only seen about two diehard italian supporters there now.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    you need to remember that nnswf control the EJ programme and womans jets with money I suggest comes from many areas including NPL clubs, my point is clubs not only pay for their own NPL youth but but also part of the EJ programme, and dont start me on the amount nnswf spent bringing out imports this year for W jets
    Again more sense......................................
    And this is my fundamental problem with EJ program. NNSWF as administrators of the game in the NNSW area should be developing football for ALL participants with in that area. Not just a select few. If Jets want to run an EJ program no issues. But for NNSWF to be using our money, the money they syphon up from us thru our registrations to benefit a select few is wrong.
    As for Jets W League................how many $$$$$$$ does that take away from all the juniors in this area ??????

NNSWF are expecting clubs to reach and maintain certain criteria, use the money helping clubs gain and then maintain that criteria. This would in turn benifit many, instead of a select few.

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    It may be branded Westfield Kotara but to some it will always be Garden City... Whilst CCB plays at Lisle Carr, wears the sky blue shirt, is sponsored by Club Azzuri and still frequented by Italian pensioners... It will always be Highfields Azzuri by those born before 2009.
    This.
    Pretty sure the only reason they changed their name was their merger with charlestown juniors and the FFA's policy about removing ethnicity from clubs names and emblems. And since Azzurri literally means blues, their attempt to bypass these rules by using Club Azzurri as a major sponsor, I and many Others will refer to them as azzurri.
    Even if that's short for Club Azzurri Charlestown City Blues

Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
    With the Wilson's going to West Wallsend to play it seems, pretty obvious option for Piggo is Edgeworth. Or he takes a year off, who knows.

Not sure any other coaching movements in NewFM except the Stags looking for a coach.
    We would gladly take Piggo though

Adamstown - G Law
    Broadmeadow - R Virgilli & B Naumov
    Charlestown - S Pryce
    Edgeworth -
    Hamilton - M Bolch
    Lambton - D Tanchevski
    Maitland - C Turner
    South Cardiff - G Asquith
    Weston - T Morris

Belmont - B Paul
    Cesnock - S Thomson