Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Zone League 1 Thread

Anyone watch the finals for premier league the day after? Crowds were terrible compared to ours, magnificent effort

Quote Originally Posted by pagey85 View Post
    was a good day for the neutral, not so good for us, 2 losses on the day but all is forgotten after a few beers. was a great year after being promoted.
    what youve said i can not fault. but thats football, yes a few boys missing, but we always felt we have the depth within our team to fill these spots so it was never going to be an excuse for losing and the boys showed that.
    weve shared a pretty good rivalry with Suburbs for years now. always tough games that can go either way, except for the first time we played them this year lol
    I totally agree with everything that you and leftrightout have said..
    I imagine for people watching - especially neutral supporters - it would have been a cracker of a match to watch..
    Very back and forth, although the second half was totally dominated by Barno.. We were extremely lucky to only concede the one goal in that half.. Both teams had massive amounts of supporters cheering/sledging them on.. Our goalkeeper and I had a particular rough time in that pressurised second half, hahahahaha, but I love the abuse..
    There has been a brilliant rivalry going on with Barnsley for years now (both when I was with Mo-town and now at Gardo) and just can't get enough of hard, tough games like that.. Credit and congrats to them for getting minor premiers and the club championship!

On a side note, I think my old-boy taught most of the Barnsley boys out at Westy high, so he was loving it.. haha

Quote Originally Posted by LINGERA View Post
    no club has enough depth to fill spots of captain sweeper and best striker in the comp
    Your opinion.. I'll leave it at that..

haha yeah he did teach most of us id say!!
    crowds were good and harsh lol
    but everyone knows whats done and said on the pitch stays there

anyway. another year over.

What was most suprising to me was in the match is that both teams dominated posession and field position running against the wind, usually is other way round.

oh and also was the winning goal an own goal by the front stick barnsley defender?

What was most suprising to me was in the match is that both teams dominated posession and field position running against the wind, usually is other way round.
    Wow, you are right. I didn't even think of that..
    I think the wind worked against your Barnsley keeper, he has got to have one of the biggest boots on him and the wind just kept taking it straight to our keeper..

oh and also was the winning goal an own goal by the front stick barnsley defender?
    Ummm.. I'm not sure.. As far as I know it came from our captain who took the corner and apparently went through the defenders legs?
    (I was up for the corner, but too busy looking at the sky swearing cause the ball didn't come all the way in, then looked down to see it in the back of the net.. )

from what i could see defender reacted late and brushed his head then snuck past the goaly on the inside.

and yes goal keeper was giving it about 30% by the end and still reaching the suburbs keeper in 1 bounce.

Ball bounced at defenders feet and went straight in, no contact from what I could tell. I was standing on the penalty spot and got a pretty good look at it

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    Ball bounced at defenders feet and went straight in, no contact from what I could tell. I was standing on the penalty spot and got a pretty good look at it
    Correct, couldnt believe the ball could sneak through there.

As for the crowd, L1 had a bigger crowd last year as well. The cookers crowd was most vocal.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    well, we were the most drunk

did I see you on Sunday?

Cookers shoved it up the ar*se to the Doomsday Preppers from my neutral point of view in Sundays ZPL decider. 3peat on the trot the GF was on a Sunday (booooo!!) . Of course Saturday GFs are likely to create a more slobberfest. The better football was played the day after between two teams who know how to play football. Yah Cooks Hill made a point in regards to supporter participation. Great game of football and sportsmanship between the best teams from ZPL.

Quote Originally Posted by front2 View Post
    Of course Saturday GFs are likely to create a more slobberfest. The better football was played the day after.
    Part 1 - True! Grand finals on sundays... terrible idea!

Part 2 - isnt that the point of being in higher/lower divisions? i mean if you came on here and said "league 2 was the best quality football this weekend" everyone would be pretty shocked!
    Does it need to be said that ZPL is better quality than ZL1?
    Im pretty sure theres a Captain Obvious roaming this forum somewhere, stop doing his job!

no club has enough depth to fill spots of captain sweeper and best striker in the comp
    That's a big statement considering we had a player with 24 goals to his name and the golden-boot award to go with it. I defiantly agree it's very hard to replace 2 of your best players in key positions, that said everyone in the comp seemed to know this before the finals series had even kicked off!

Quote Originally Posted by SunsFC View Post
    That's a big statement considering we had a player with 24 goals to his name and the golden-boot award to go with it. I defiantly agree it's very hard to replace 2 of your best players in key positions, that said everyone in the comp seemed to know this before the finals series had even kicked off!
    I heard a rumour your golden boot winner played reserve grade grand final?
    Is that true?
    How did he manage qualify to play reserve grade yet win 1st grade golden boot?

seems like more people were concerned that we had players out than we actually were
    cos we didnt really worry at all.

if we dont care that the boys took a holiday why should anyone else?
    more to life than football im sorry

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    I heard a rumour your golden boot winner played reserve grade grand final?
    Is that true?
    How did he manage qualify to play reserve grade yet win 1st grade golden boot?
    I heard alot of people slandering suns reserve grade for playing 1st grade players in the grand final but to be fair the suns players backed up ALOT all year from what I saw. I pretty sure most weeks their entire reserve grade team was made up of 3rd grade players backing up. From what i could see majority of the suns players in the grand final were 3rd graders at some pont during the year. confirm?

I heard alot of people slandering suns reserve grade for playing 1st grade players in the grand final but to be fair the suns players backed up ALOT all year from what I saw. I pretty sure most weeks their entire reserve grade team was made up of 3rd grade players backing up. From what i could see majority of the suns players in the grand final were 3rd graders at some pont during the year. confirm?
    I certainly didnt mean to sound like i am slandering suns.
    You have to qualify to play in the grade or the association will be on you. Just ask Hunter Simba!

I was just told that this situation occured (it might not have, i didnt see it) and i was wondering how?
    I mean golden boot in 1st grade, in a team that played semi finals...
    May have been injured and coming back from injury off the bench or something in the back end of the season?

Its not like suns stacked their ressies and gave up on 1st grade... they were 5-5 with suburbs over their semi legs!

Quote Originally Posted by pagey85 View Post
    seems like more people were concerned that we had players out than we actually were
    cos we didnt really worry at all.
    Agree with this, we had top players out during key matches throughout the season and I wouldn't say we were uncomfortable with our teamsheet. More appropriately I wouldn't claim that it cost us the minors.

This is true, we never had a consistent Res grade team and by the time the business end of the season came, a few first graders returning from injury and some being dropped were eligible to play. We most certainly abide by all rules and double checked clearances for all players. I personally played all 3 grades at one point or another.

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    I certainly didnt mean to sound like i am slandering suns.
    You have to qualify to play in the grade or the association will be on you. Just ask Hunter Simba!

I was just told that this situation occured (it might not have, i didnt see it) and i was wondering how?
    I mean golden boot in 1st grade, in a team that played semi finals...
    May have been injured and coming back from injury off the bench or something in the back end of the season?

Its not like suns stacked their ressies and gave up on 1st grade... they were 5-5 with suburbs over their semi legs!

Pretty much got it in 1, coach was trying a few things and certain players got dropped/injured and became eligible through that. I felt the Wallsend team we played(in semi's) were not the team I versed in either of the games I had played during the regular season BUT we obviously they were eligible to play.