Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Rd 3 Wellington Phoenix Vs Newcastle Jets 26/10/14 k/off 3:00pm AEDST

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    Problem was, who was Caravella supposed to give the ball to? Our shape was horrendous and we rarely had players in position to receive a ball or give options.

Yes he gave the ball away, but the rest of the team didn't give him many options.
    I saw this too. A few of us were hiding.

Birraz has a big problem. He has dropped below aleague quality especially in the air. hello BK.

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beeen View Post
    Needs to be more gallaway hate on here, its died down to an unacceptable level. He is pure gash.
    Agreed. Bin him. Didnt watch the game but was defo shit and was even terrible on the bench. Couldn't even sit in proper position

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Maybe if caravella released the ball
    a forward
    b quickly

a lot of his issues would be resolved.

The problem is he needs to take 8 touches before passing the thing. Of course then his options are less and to be perfectly fair he is the greatest contributor to his downfall
    Unlike Flores who gives the ball back to the opposition with his first touch.

You expect far too much from Caravella given the bloke we actually employ as our playmaker is the real problem.

Drop Flores and I think we will be a far more competitive team.

A stint in NYL will do him good.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Unlike Flores who gives the ball back to the opposition with his first touch.

You expect far too much from Caravella given the bloke we actually employ as our playmaker is the real problem.

Drop Flores and I think we will be a far more competitive team.

A stint in NYL will do him good.
    The bloke has had barely 180 mins of competitive action after coming back from a major injury and you wish to axe him and right him off based on the fact our midfield was overrun and the supply given to him was shite??

If you think the Florist is gone run his socks off in defence then you are mistaken. If you think this bloke is gonna be a superstar when he gets poor ball and is constantly in tight spaces then you have issues

If the CM's when we win the ball play the thing precisely to the bloke and at speed then he can do some damage. If Roundabout wants to take 8 touches and run around in a circle before releasing it we won't see the best of Flores

To say blokes ain't showing is a complete crock of shite. Blokes don't get the ball when they do show as we refuse to move the ball at any speed. Our movement can be a lot better make no mistake about that but the issue lies with our players playing the first ball forward and quickly to start our attack

I don't expect too much from Caravella. All I expect him to do is win the ball hold position and pass the ball onto our attacking players. Reality is it is Flores Montano Griff etc who will create our attack and not this bloke. He needs to keep it simple and stop ****ing around with it thinking he is Xavi.

Our issue on Sunday was our midfield was so far behind the Phoenix mids in level of performance it was not funny. Add in our defence were failing to mark up or be first to the ball and we got what we got.

Even the criticism of Birraz is bordering on farce. The bloke was exemplary for 90 mins and his only blemish was he came for a cross and got caught in no mans land in the 92nd min and cost us a goal,

It happens keepers make mistakes and when you are losing anyway that's the time to make them not when the game is in the balance

The bullshit about him punching the ball in the first half is ****ing absurd. The ball ended up 40m from goal near the sideline so end of day he has done the right thing and cleared the threat and allowed his defenders to regroup and get set so **** OFF with that shit

I don't want Flores axed. I want him to get a run in NYL so he can get himself right for our A-league campaign.

As things currently stand he does not appear to be moving freely and looks well short of a gallop fitness wise.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I don't want Flores axed. I want him to get a run in NYL so he can get himself right for our A-league campaign.

As things currently stand he does not appear to be moving freely and looks well short of a gallop fitness wise.
    As the Yoof team didn't play last weekend it wasn't an alternative

The bloke got through 90 mins and will be better for it in coming weeks.

The time to play him in the NYL has past and he should have started the season in it if that was the plan.

The bloke is allegedly one of our best and that ain't required.

Suppose you were also whinging Griff should have been playing NYL last year when he came back short of fitness from walking the world curing disaease etc??

Didn't think so

The bloke has had barely 180 mins of competitive action after coming back from a major injury and you wish to axe him and right him off based on the fact our midfield was overrun and the supply given to him was shite??
    Sounds like James Brown.

Let's stick with him until his confidence is so completely and utterly destroyed and then let him rot till he leaves.

OR... let's let him get match fit in NYL instead of just jamming him in because he is our supposed playmaker.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Sounds like James Brown.

Let's stick with him until his confidence is so completely and utterly destroyed and then let him rot till he leaves.

OR... let's let him get match fit in NYL instead of just jamming him in because he is our supposed playmaker.
    GVE ain't the ****ing coach!!!

I'd reckon Flores' mindset might be a bit different to James Brown's

GVE ain't the ****ing coach!!!
    Could have fooled me. Fullbacks pushed up into the wingers assholes, lose possession in midfield, destroyed on counter.

Apart from his accent, what the **** is different to GVE?

Maybe the naysayers on FB are correct... our players are shit and have let down every coach that has come and gone.

Banned
    Could have fooled me. Fullbacks pushed up into the wingers assholes, lose possession in midfield, destroyed on counter.

Apart from his accent, what the **** is different to GVE?

Maybe the naysayers on FB are correct... our players are shit and have let down every coach that has come and gone.
    Remember who you are talking to.

If I still am giving Stubbins a chance and am not prepared to stick the knife in yet then maybe a few others should get off the blokes back.

As I said earlier I couldn't give a **** we played poorly got flogged. It happens. With Newy much more often than it should

What interests me is how Stubbins and the team respond to last Sunday's shit.

I hope to see some team selections and tactics altered.

I also EXPECT the vast majority of players to turn in significantly improved individual efforts

I wish to see us aim up and have a solid crack at Perth this week.
    I EXPECT to see that

PS The difference between Stubbins and GVE is that Stubbins now has the chance to rectify the failings. Hopefully he does

GVE on the other hand would in this instance would soldier on banging his head against the brick wall forever

Caravella has played around 90 mins of competitive action since hes been out of football for 5 months, whats the difference

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    I'd reckon Flores' mindset might be a bit different to James Brown's
    This.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joel31 View Post
    Caravella has played around 90 mins of competitive action since hes been out of football for 5 months, whats the difference
    Caravella is shit

Always was and always will be not good enough for us.

If we were that desperate for a central mid then should have hit up Jobe to come back.

Least the bloke is Newy

Sounds like James Brown.

James Brown was overated. What has he really done as a footballer ?.

Caravella is shit

Always was and always will be not good enough for us.

If we were that desperate for a central mid then should have hit up Jobe to come back.

Least the bloke is Newy
    Gotta agree here, At the time we were looking for a defensive style midfielder were we not ?. The only thing roundabout manages to tackle and impede are his own team mates.

Maybe if caravella released the ball
    a forward
    b quickly

a lot of his issues would be resolved.

The problem is he needs to take 8 touches before passing the thing. Of course then his options are less and to be perfectly fair he is the greatest contributor to his downfall
    Finally a post I agree with you on.

Caravella had at least half a dozen instances where he could have moved the ball on to a team mate in a better position that would have continued an attack, only to turn away and go backwards or lose the ball. Quick ball movement is the order of the day in this league.

Maybe under all your usual vitriol and bile you dish up towards the club and team you are supposed to "support" there is a tiny amount of intelligence

Quote Originally Posted by redwah View Post

Caravella had at least half a dozen instances where he could have moved the ball on to a team mate in a better position that would have continued an attack, only to turn away and go backwards or lose the ball. Quick ball movement is the order of the day in this league.

Maybe under all your usual vitriol and bile you dish up towards the club and team you are supposed to "support" there is a tiny amount of intelligence

For a time last season the Roundabout did release is quickly and forward and he really improved. I hoped this was the "light bulb" moment for him but he seems to have gone back to his old ways on the evidence so far this season. I do hope he goes back on the good stuff. That Roundabout is a good one.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by redwah View Post

Just turning over a new leaf and trying to be a bit less crazy

Just turning over a new leaf and trying to be a bit less crazy
    Would be nice if the club and the team tried the same approach....it would fantastic to go into a season without some form of drama clouding things off the field and a clear identity on it. For a non capital city club we have the potential to be fantastic but for whatever reason we just can't seem to get our shit together....God help us if we do, some supporters may go through their own identity crisis then.