Thread: 2019 NPL Youth

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    From what I'm told Lake Macquarie have a team which pretty much were able to play 9s again. That's great as they did it tough last year and now get the rewards. I don't watch a lot of 9s as we are in the 10s

I saw a boy in the Olympic vs Broadmeadow game last week. Whack a ball top corner with his right foot and then 15 minutes later do it with his left foot from 10m out. Keeper could only watch both times. I was sitting near the teams parents and they weren't surprised at all. I stood there having my WOW moment and he just jogged back to halfway without a care in the world. There are some great kids out there. I have found myself going out of my way to watch other clubs a lot more between our games this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired01 View Post
    From what I'm told Lake Macquarie have a team which pretty much were able to play 9s again. That's great as they did it tough last year and now get the rewards. I don't watch a lot of 9s as we are in the 10s

I saw a boy in the Olympic vs Broadmeadow game last week. Whack a ball top corner with his right foot and then 15 minutes later do it with his left foot from 10m out. Keeper could only watch both times. I was sitting near the teams parents and they weren't surprised at all. I stood there having my WOW moment and he just jogged back to halfway without a care in the world. There are some great kids out there. I have found myself going out of my way to watch other clubs a lot more between our games this year.
    Yup, totally agree. Watching kids at this age gives you hope for the future.