Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
I'm thinking of getting a Bass guitar. Is it basically just a real guitar without the b and small e string ?

I'm primarily a keyboard player that dabbles in guitar but would like to use a real bass rather than keyboard for bass parts in recordings.

It will be played through an interface so I don't need an amp. Any suggestions ?
Music to my ears!!!
Well, basically yeah.. (Or as I used to cop by my old tech-metal band-mates "you play the equivalent of the electric triangle", haha)

Few questions first:
How serious are these recordings? What sort of style are we talking? What interface will you be using? Have you thought about (or need) 5 or more strings?

I've got an Ibanez custom 5, Spector Euro 5LX and an American Spector walnut NS2J...
I've been keeping my eyes peeled for a decent priced Warwick Thumb, or as we have discussed before, a Warwick Dolphin Pro.. Or even just a nice Fender Jazz/Precision Deluxe..

I agree with Evo and Sammy, that a Fender Jazz would most likely suit and cover most types of music and sounds that you would be wanting to play..

Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
Yes normal tuning is just EADG.

I have a Fender Jazz that I love, one of the Mexican made ones through so was only around $1000.
I didn't realise you played bass Evo.. Good stuff!
Do you find your Fender Jazz heavy? Does it have a thick neck? What amp do you have??