Thread: The Gypo CEO Death Riding Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    I've been here since 1978 and seen it all so I think I know what I'm typing. Certainly not the omnipotent, maniacal ramblings you boys are going on with.....ffs.
    I was born in 1912 in a barn outside of cornwall to eskimo parents who were also founding members of the Beatles... Therefore everything i type from here on out is blown straight from own arse, just like everything else posted on this forum.

Don't like it? There's the front door....go watch NRL.
    Don't like people disagreeing with you... get off the forum!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I was born in 1912 in a barn outside of cornwall to eskimo parents who were also founding members of the Beatles... Therefore everything i type from here on out is blown straight from own arse, just like everything else posted on this forum.
    Obviously went over your head didn't it - I have been a fan, member, businessman and more with KB United, Rosebud, Breakers and Jets since inception. I have seen how everything works in Australian football and Newy in particular. That said I don't have the answers but leave it to the ones that know better. Like most we want what's best for our club and as Ken Arthurson once said when Manly and Norths were forced to merge "if you are gonna be raped you may as well try and enjoy it".

Just sick of "the guy is a Gypo so he must be s***" routine - the negativity achieves nothing. Let the new owner decide, make his appointments and then we criticize based on performance. The Gypo thing is great fun on derby day etc but let's be honest - the Central Coast Mariners have been more successful on the field than the Newcastle Jets, end of (so ban me)....if their model was based in Newcastle things would be alot rosier now as off the field, we are pound for pound the strongest in the country. If we can tap into some of that off field know how so be it.

Anything now is a gamble - community model, local business consortium (tried before), Griffo takeover combination of all - any of these could succeed or plunge the club into extinction. Let's go with the flow and see what transpires over the next 12 months.

Obviously went over your head didn't it - I have been a fan, member, businessman and more with KB United, Rosebud, Breakers and Jets since inception. I have seen how everything works in Australian football and Newy in particular. That said I don't have the answers but leave it to the ones that know better. Like most we want what's best for our club and as Ken Arthurson once said when Manly and Norths were forced to merge "if you are gonna be raped you may as well try and enjoy it".

Just sick of "the guy is a Gypo so he must be s***" routine - the negativity achieves nothing. Let the new owner decide, make his appointments and then we criticize based on performance. The Gypo thing is great fun on derby day etc but let's be honest - the Central Coast Mariners have been more successful on the field than the Newcastle Jets, end of (so ban me)....if their model was based in Newcastle things would be alot rosier now as off the field, we are pound for pound the strongest in the country. If we can tap into some of that off field know how so be it.

Anything now is a gamble - community model, local business consortium (tried before), Griffo takeover combination of all - any of these could succeed or plunge the club into extinction. Let's go with the flow and see what transpires over the next 12 months.
    It didn't go over my head, i just thought i'd take you down from your pedestal a little bit. Essentially we are saying the same thing from different sides of the coin, albeit i'm adding a bit of Gypo banter.

People can't get cranky about me bagging out McKinna so early when they are blowing his trumpet just as quickly. He hasn't been appointed yet, so no-one has any moral high ground about the club or history or anything other than Lawrie himself. If people can say how good a job he's done in the past i am allowed to call bullshit and say that all this talk of how well they were run in non-consequential now. Times were different back then and football moves forward pretty quickly. The club that he was involved with had next to no employees and managed to be competitive on the field in a league that has a salary cap, that's great. The salary cap really doesn't matter nowadays and the size of the league has grown so much that teams like us and the Gypos are being left behind because of poor management. Asking for more than that isn't being negative or being petty about rivalries. It's called actually giving a crap about where our club is going.
    I don't want 'he's good enough' i want 'he's the best man for the job'!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    It didn't go over my head, i just thought i'd take you down from your pedestal a little bit. Essentially we are saying the same thing from different sides of the coin, albeit i'm adding a bit of Gypo banter.

People can't get cranky about me bagging out McKinna so early when they are blowing his trumpet just as quickly. He hasn't been appointed yet, so no-one has any moral high ground about the club or history or anything other than Lawrie himself. If people can say how good a job he's done in the past i am allowed to call bullshit and say that all this talk of how well they were run in non-consequential now. Times were different back then and football moves forward pretty quickly. The club that he was involved with had next to no employees and managed to be competitive on the field in a league that has a salary cap, that's great. The salary cap really doesn't matter nowadays and the size of the league has grown so much that teams like us and the Gypos are being left behind because of poor management. Asking for more than that isn't being negative or being petty about rivalries. It's called actually giving a crap about where our club is going.
    I don't want 'he's good enough' i want 'he's the best man for the job'!
    Fair comment mate, don't always agree with you but can't see I disagree too much of what you are saying here.