Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: HAL 12/13 Rd 1 - Newcastle United Jets vs Adelaide United 07/10/11 k/off 3pm AEHT

Ok, home.

If that is GvE's gameplan in action, we are in for a long horrific season.

didnt see the game but can only assume we need more of mitch cooper

Ivanhoe did what many thought he would do in his first match, not much. Sure to get better i spose.
    Don't know where we stand after that effort because Adelaide looked shithouse as well.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Deans to cost us the match.
    Deans out.
    Picked it from the start plague, well done.

There were some major ****-ups with how we went into this match, very poor calls from GVE, but the fact that the team were playing like idiots didn't help. Get rid of this back-three nonsense, it didn't work against WS in pre-season, no surprise that it failed today. Bring back Reegz, bring back Pepz, bring back BK.

Heskey should've started from the bench, I thought he did well but he clearly hasn't been integrated into the team. Jaw dropped a bit when we started hitting long balls at him, that was friggen retarded shit that I have not seen in a long time.

couldnt griff and taggart swap sides occasionly...I mean even the dumbest defender knows they'll cut inside onto their strong foot 99% of the time.And what happened to the high press, seemed only Rubes was switched on. And where's Ribs is he injured ?
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    I don't think they'll start slowly - it's the best pre-season we've had. Most signings were made very very early, we've had plenty of matches and plenty of time for GVE to get his formations and tactics right, and I've never seen so many formation variations - feels like we have a lot more options than ever before - most seasons our 11 was sorted with maybe one or two occasional changes.

Jets 3-1 to get the season off to a flyer, something I don't think we've ever done before.
    hot air continues

Am I the only one who thought Goodwin was horrible? His ability to turn the ball over to the opposition was immense.

Yeah. Active support yeah

Bloody borin' wa'n it!

At least we gave it to Carrusca.

Scoreline wasn't a true reflection of the game. Overall the signs are there that we have a better side than last season. With James Brown to come back and Heskey a few weeks away from match fitness plus Bernardo to come into the mix I believe we have a side which will be pushing for the top four.....not the bottom four this season. Virgilli has improved out of sight in the last 12 months and is starting to finally look like he belongs in the HAL. Not a good start to the season but honestly none of the teams have exactly set the world on fire in the opening round have they?

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Scoreline wasn't a true reflection of the game. Overall the signs are there that we have a better side than last season. With James Brown to come back and Heskey a few weeks away from match fitness plus Bernardo to come into the mix I believe we have a side which will be pushing for the top four.....not the bottom four this season. Virgilli has improved out of sight in the last 12 months and is starting to finally look like he belongs in the HAL. Not a good start to the season but honestly none of the teams have exactly set the world on fire in the opening round have they?
    I thought Fart looked pretty good.....

Highlight = Heskey's hit on the keeper.

(I've seen people sent for less, given the performance today, it wouldn't have surprised me. haha)

Too many trials against shitty opposition . Just because a formation/plan works against an nbn state league side, doesn't mean it will work against an a-league side

Quote Originally Posted by northern_swan View Post
    Am I the only one who thought Goodwin was horrible? His ability to turn the ball over to the opposition was immense.
    Disagree completely. I thought he played brilliantly in the first half. Was a lot quieter in the second.

Also, I think GvE main **** up was playing 3 at the back. Sure it worked alright against WSW, but against a team with 2 speedy wingers it gave them a lot of space. And then when we didn't have the ball our "pressing" game involved waiting until they were in our 18 and going "oh shit".

Roar will kill us if we play like we did today. Although I'm confident we should be able to beat Sydney, just.

Long season ahead if we can't come up with a way to work the ball up the park.

A very impotent attacking effort today. For all Adelaide has been through with travel etc we should have made easy work of them.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    go the jets

Banned
    How ****ing good was that???

Woke up this morning in the palatial Kotara Sth abode with tingles going thru the body. Footballs back baby

Park the chariot over near Harker Oval and kit up. Walking across the park with the head held high, chest out, scarf around neck highly excited as todays the day after 6 month wait. That's what being a supporter is all about.

It is also about dealing with the emotions that come with the game such as 3 hours later walking through said park with shoulders slumped head staring at ground cursing that the cockhead refs mother hadn't of giving the refs old man a blowy the night he was conceived and also absolutely shattered by what I had just endured.

But hey it's on again next week. Put the razor blades down. I just watched the replay.

All that it was no champagne and caviar performance we weren't that ****ing bad.

Momentary **** up in the first min when Kanta didn't track his man and a goal down. Worst possible start and to give Adelaide a sniff we were always gonna be in a bit of bother. This rattled us and it took us about 10 mins to settle. After that we were a little flat in the front third, the ball movement wasn't quick enough but we dominated the 1st half 60% of possession with most of it in Adelaides half. Sure there wasn't many clear cut chances but it weren't our day. The ball dropped in the wrong spot a couple of times and a couple of our blokes were a little slow off the mark. All in all despite the scoreline we were pretty much in control in the first half. Adelaides only efforts outside of the goal came from a free kick shot and a Zadko like attempted miracle goal. Nothing to panic about.
    Second half we started well and were looking like we had sorted a few of our issues. 10 mins in the send off comes. As soon as that happened we were pretty much gone. Admittedly it was only now that the piss ants got on the ball. Not long after they got the 2nd and game set and match. To give our blokes credit they could have thrown in the ****ing towel but they didn't. They pushed on and tried to get a goal. Numerous penalty appeals were denied by the ref guide dog but that's how it goes somedays.

Swings and roundabouts and all that shit. Just remember that we are due a couple of paybacks from the FFA or that may have been the payback that we had to have after the HSG pull out fiasco.

Our blokes busted their arses today, the bounce of the ball deserted them, the refs call went against them. So what it happens. Next week its on again like donkey kong

Also congrats to Plague for prematurely calling the Deans influence. Well done Plague

Also congrats to GVE on his tactical masterstroke and finally having a reserve keeper on the bench. After the shenanigans in the NBN State League it was good to see a team representing the Newy Jets actually have a reserve keeper on the subs bench for the inevitable send off. On that who the **** is responsible for this wave of Keeper send offs involving the club. Most logical suspect would be the goal keeping coach. But FFS Bobby Catlin never came out of his box once when playing for the Breakers or Newy Utd. He couldn't run that fast and he wouldn't run point blank. So if it ain't Catlin teaching these blokes who the **** is it???

Must be Craig Deans

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Our previous efforts against sides we "shoulda beat" is the only thing that concerns me.

If we were playing a full strength Brisbane I would be more confident. As you say this is the time to change that culture.

Winning in Wello and Perth need to happen this season too.
    My fears came home to roost....I do have several questions...

Why no BK ? That point was proven.
    Why a back three ? GVE tried that against Beijing a while back and we got royally raped then - bring back Tiago or Reags. First game is not the time to experiment.
    Why was left footed Griff on the right side ?
    Why did we not play a number 10 ? Brown is out and if not Ribiero, then Bridges shoulda started as he has more ability in his pubes than anyone else at the Jets.
    Why did the team with new personnel look exactly the same as the last few teams ?

Oh...........and........... fark !!!!

And Rubez looking stoked at getting a 6 months cinema pass !!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 07-10-2012 at 10:15 PM.

Sorry to say it but Kanta's woes continue. The lad looks so low on confidence. Such an important position for GVE's system yet his accuracy and pace with his passing was really poor today. Im not sure what Pepper has done wrong or if hes hurt but he would probably be the only change id make for round 2 (if we are playing the same way).
    I really thought Goodwin, Griffiths and Rubes were the pick. Dont think we were THAT bad, but we lost and that sucks.

all in all another classic Deans performance, what other result did we expect?