Thread: National Yoof League 2013-14

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    What's the go with Virgili, seems to score and impress in youth team and even pre-season matches with the first team but can't buy a goal come league time.

Quote Originally Posted by russjaybee View Post
    What's the go with Virgili, seems to score and impress in youth team and even pre-season matches with the first team but can't buy a goal come league time.
    I wonder this too. If he gets another run without GvE in charge, that could see a difference perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by russjaybee View Post
    Good question.

Is it a positional/role thing?
    I've noticed for the senior team he is nearly always played out wide, and rarely gets the opportunity to drift into the centre (because that's where Heskey, Taggart, Bridges etc. play). Based on the number of goals he scores for the youth team, it seems to me like he must be coming into the centre and into the box more often.

I've watched barely any youth league games though, so I'd be interested in hearing what others think.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Good question.

I've noticed for the senior team he is nearly always played out wide, and rarely gets the opportunity to drift into the centre (because that's where Heskey, Taggart, Bridges etc. play). Based on the number of goals he scores for the youth team, it seems to me like he must be coming into the centre and into the box more often.

I've watched barely any youth league games though, so I'd be interested in hearing what others think.
    remember how good yoof games use to be at adamstown oval; hamma, parksey, etc.

friday/sunday arvo on tooheys cans and sausage sizzle, hamma may as well take credit for funding adamstowns return to the state league this year with the amount of cans he used to drink.

blokes like kaz and tommy bung misura banging in goals for the yoof team.

good times.
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Banned
    Good question.

Not really he still plays mainly on the right wide spot of the patented GVE 4-3-3. The Yoof team are much better at playing it than GVE's HAL side ever were!!!

As a result he gets more chances to score than HAL level. Half the time he shoots when he should be passing to Kale anyways.....