Thread: 2021 NPL Youth Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Take it easy View Post
    Old mate as you put it has away to make himself big, he is apart of most discussions on the SAP forum but I want to ask why is 90% of it negative toward him and his new club land role. What has he done ? Hasn’t he been in the region now for a significant time and had a significant contribution?
    I agree. Disgruntled parents whose children are better skilled than the actual parent every was so parent decides a nameless forum is the best place voice opinions on stuff they know nothing about, have no interest in volunteering so run it down

Quote Originally Posted by Retired01 View Post
    I agree. Disgruntled parents whose children are better skilled than the actual parent every was so parent decides a nameless forum is the best place voice opinions on stuff they know nothing about, have no interest in volunteering so run it down
    how do you know who knows what or who volunteers where? you are making assumptions based on your own very little knowledge it appears.

If football was less about politics and "who you know, or how much sponsorship you are willing to pay" and actually based on skill, commitment and dedication, Youth football wouldn't be the bag of rubbish that it currently is in NNSW.

On another note has anyone got any idea about the philosophy behind the 9v9 Wednesday night tournament that's starting at the end of June??? small sided games with I assume the SAP sized goals???

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    how do you know who knows what or who volunteers where? you are making assumptions based on your own very little knowledge it appears.

If football was less about politics and "who you know, or how much sponsorship you are willing to pay" and actually based on skill, commitment and dedication, Youth football wouldn't be the bag of rubbish that it currently is in NNSW.

On another note has anyone got any idea about the philosophy behind the 9v9 Wednesday night tournament that's starting at the end of June??? small sided games with I assume the SAP sized goals???
    $300 entry cost per team. 10 teams in NPL (Mid Coast and North Coast excluded) + 12 teams in NLI x 2 age groups (14s and 15s) = $13,200

How’s that for philosophy?

Well said.

Haven’t heard anything on the 9v9 what clubs are involved?

Well said.

Haven’t heard anything on the 9v9 what clubs are involved?
    Meant to be all clubs split into 3 compeitions

Cup: Top 6 YNPL teams
    Plate: Bottom 4 YNPL Teams Top4 HitFM teams
    Trophy: Rest of HitFM teams

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Meant to be all clubs split into 3 compeitions

Cup: Top 6 YNPL teams
    Plate: Bottom 4 YNPL Teams Top4 HitFM teams
    Trophy: Rest of HitFM teams
    Tournament concept fantastic , 9v9 on smaller pitches ridiculous

Tournament concept fantastic , 9v9 on smaller pitches ridiculous
    I am assuming the justification will be that without reducing the pitch size they couldn't get enough games completed in time.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    I am assuming the justification will be that without reducing the pitch size they couldn't get enough games completed in time.
    9v9 on a half pitch is ludicrous for 14s and 15s. 7v7 would be better for those age groups in an area of that size.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    That's probably exactly it and no point handing it out to clubs to host means less money for Northern

Not just SAP sized goals but on a SAP sized field, but there is one difference between U12 JDL and this competition, this competition has no offside at all