Thread: The Championship Chronicles - Discussion Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Age and wisdom prevails in times like this - in my time I have witnessed...

KB United drag in 16,000 for a for a home cup semi final and lose on penalties.

A Griff led United fall short at home in an NSL preliminary final.

Lose pen shootout in 2007 in Adelaide.

Iran '97.

Lucas Neill 2006.

This is a walk in the park....but we need to maintain the rage of that VAR cockup.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Age and wisdom prevails in times like this - in my time I have witnessed...

KB United drag in 16,000 for a for a home cup semi final and lose on penalties.

A Griff led United fall short at home in an NSL preliminary final.

Lose pen shootout in 2007 in Adelaide.

Iran '97.

Lucas Neill 2006.

This is a walk in the park....but we need to maintain the rage of that VAR cockup.
    For me Lucas Neill was the worst - there's no coming back from a WC elimination. There's basically no tomorrow - by the time the next WC comes, everything is different. At least the Jets can start again next season and we have a whole season to fondly look back on. This GF loss is up there though because of the hard slog of the last 10 years.

The gravity of Iran didn't sink in at the time - I was 15. The Jets pen shootout also didn't affect me as much - probably because it was away from home, against a much more fancied side. It also felt like we had built a good side and our time would come. It's like Sydney/Melb City losing a semi now - I'm sure it stings, but both sets of fans know full well they'll be back in the finals next year barring something out of the ordinary.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    For me Lucas Neill was the worst - there's no coming back from a WC elimination. There's basically no tomorrow - by the time the next WC comes, everything is different. At least the Jets can start again next season and we have a whole season to fondly look back on. This GF loss is up there though because of the hard slog of the last 10 years.

The gravity of Iran didn't sink in at the time - I was 15. The Jets pen shootout also didn't affect me as much - probably because it was away from home, against a much more fancied side. It also felt like we had built a good side and our time would come. It's like Sydney/Melb City losing a semi now - I'm sure it stings, but both sets of fans know full well they'll be back in the finals next year barring something out of the ordinary.
    Your age might have saved you

That Iran game was the worst by a long way.

We dominated that game. In the first half we were all over them like a rash. They had no answer.

Kewell scored finally and we were off and running
    When HT come we maintained the rage and when Vidmar tapped in we were in France

Then ****wit Hoare jumped the fence.

2 goals from nothing against the run of play in minutes and we are going out on away goals.
    We still hammered them the last 15 mins but couldnt get the goal.

It was highway robbery of biblical scale.
    I have never felt so dissappointed after a game as then.

This weekend wasnt even close to the depression that night in 1997 not even close

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    This weekend wasnt even close to the depression that night in 1997 not even close
    Agree with you this time Member....that night is the most desolate and depressing I have witnessed in 40 years watching football. There has never been hurt like it and I have never watched that game again.

The first goal being so obviously offside made it worse.
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 07-05-2018 at 04:57 PM.