Thread: 19/20 HAL Round 18 | Newcastle Jets v Central Coast Mariners | Sun 09/02/20 1600

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    The conversation is regarding him being a starter. You really need to have a position if you want to be a starter.

It's great being a utility, but that means you are going to be starting on the bench most weeks.
    Slow down he has a position

It is down to the coaches that he has been played here there and every where

Got nothing to do with him at all

Same as Johnny K he just been played massively out of position for too long

Now he playing in a position closer to his best position we will see better from him

Being this season is lost we be better off playing Thurgate in CM where he belongs and going from there
    Get the games under his belt

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Slow down he has a position

It is down to the coaches that he has been played here there and every where

Got nothing to do with him at all

Same as Johnny K he just been played massively out of position for too long

Now he playing in a position closer to his best position we will see better from him

Being this season is lost we be better off playing Thurgate in CM where he belongs and going from there
    Get the games under his belt
    If we think his best position is at 8, then i'm not sure he should be starting. He doesn't read the entire game well (can see players in front of him, but doesn't know where opposition midfields are around him, yet.) and has little to no ability defensively. Compare him to Uga who is a true No 8, they aren't similar IMO.

But as an 8/10 hybrid he isn't relied upon defensively and doesn't have to worry about as many oppositions players.

Or maybe he better as an inside forward like Hazard/Mertens/Griezmann. He has lots of the attributes needed to play that role.

I don't know because he seems to be all over the place whenever he comes on, no matter the coach.

I do agree that he needs a coach to pick him in the right spot before we can truly judge him there. But we don't have one of those, so he needs to make the decision for any coach that we have. Pick a spot, and make yourself undroppable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.