Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Zone League 2 thread

Is this just Olympics way of making excuses for not being able to make let alone win a Grand Final in reserve grade for the 3rd year running??

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    I now fully believe that Uni have acted within the rules, didn't stack, etc - but one player I know played in at least one round 1 first grade game was the Canadian/American keeper.
    AKA The guy who wishes he was a quarterback.

I don't think anyone from uni is saying that noone from reserve grade played first grade at any point, in fact the opposite I think with saying they had huge availability issues. But more that noone from ressies featured heavily in 1sts and anyone that played both was a ressies guy playing up not vice versa.

Yep American goal keeper. Great keeper, but only played 2, maybe 3 games for 1st grade. I think one of those games he played both grades entirely as we were short in 1st grade. Uni coach could confirm the exact number of games. Rest of the year he was either playing Res grade or back in the states on holidays.

But yep no-one could argue he was a "first grader" dropped to play reserve grade semis.

Merewether Advance S.F.C

Zone League Two

Club Coach - 2017 Season

We are seeking applications for the position of club coach in 2017. The club has a long and proud history since 1894 which we are eager to continue. After a number of consistent seasons we are seeking a coach to push the club on to the next level. The successful applicant will bring an emphasis on success on the park as well as share our enthusiasm for all aspects of the game. Coaching experience is desired though other experience in the game will be considered. Closing date for applications is 5.00pm on the 28th of October. If interested please email your application to merewetheradvance@hotmail.com or contact Greg on 0410 517 813.

Hamilton Olympic are running a 6-a-side comp at Darling St Oval
    Anyone interested in playing 6-a-side on an NPL ground competition begins Tuesday 11th October and ends Tuesday December 13th
    Competion is Tuesday night and there is 3 divisions
    You can pm me or email registrar@hamiltonolympic.com.au or call Heath 0437776650 for further details

Quote Originally Posted by Swanky View Post
    Hamilton Olympic are running a 6-a-side comp at Darling St Oval
    Anyone interested in playing 6-a-side on an NPL ground competition begins Tuesday 11th October and ends Tuesday December 13th
    Competion is Tuesday night and there is 3 divisions
    You can pm me or email registrar@hamiltonolympic.com.au or call Heath 0437776650 for further details
    Any mix comp being run?

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Any mix comp being run?
    Nah there no specific mixed comp, there is 3 divisions NPL, Competitive and Social. I'm sure you can play a mixed team in the social comp if you like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanky View Post
    Nah there no specific mixed comp, there is 3 divisions NPL, Competitive and Social. I'm sure you can play a mixed team in the social comp if you like
    Cheers. I'd rate our girls as better then NPL anyways

Any mix comp being run?
    Garden Suburb are looking for teams to fill the mixed comp.
    You'll need to get in kick as they are finalising the comps soon.
    http://www.gardensuburbfc.com/2016-s...d-u18-and-o35/
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Wallsend FC

Zone League 2

Wallsend FC are seeking expressions of interest for coaching staff for the 2017 Zone League season. Positions are open for both 1st and Reserve grade. 2017 will see the 130th anniversary of Wallsend FC and after a strong season in which both teams made the top 4 the club is looking for coaches to take the Zone League squad to the next level.

Coaching qualifications and experience desired but not essential.
    Please email applications with relevant details to wallsendfc.zl@gmail.com. For more details contact Ray on 0439 315 690.

Hi All,

With the amalgamation of ZPL eagles and ZL2 eagles we will be running a quasi-third grade side in an AA competition. Are any others doing this?

We are looking to play these matches before L2 home game kickoffs.

If any other clubs are doing something similar (or who have a current AA side that would be willing to hop on board) let me know and we can put in a request for them to be grouped in the same AA comp.

This means more revenue, and helps clubs prepare for life in L1 if they win promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by NLFCZL View Post
    Hi All,

With the amalgamation of ZPL eagles and ZL2 eagles we will be running a quasi-third grade side in an AA competition. Are any others doing this?

If any other clubs are doing something similar (or who have a current AA side that would be willing to hop on board) let me know and we can put in a request for them to be grouped in the same AA comp.

This means more revenue, and helps clubs prepare for life in L1 if they win promotion.
    Unreal idea. Good luck with it pal.
    OK

Hi All,

Dudley zl3 floated idea a few years ago of single grade zl4. Basically for teams in zl2 and zl3 to have option of a third grade. Had some support from some clubs but not enough to get over the line.
    Games to be played before reserve grade and match where possible with other grades. Higher grades could have entered 4th grade in competition, creates more grades, revenue and greater club atmosphere. It also gives opportunities for clubs in zl2 to compete against zl3 clubs.

Probably too late for season 2017, but possibly an option for 2016???

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    Probably a little too late for 2016 too mate

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    Dudley zl3 floated idea a few years ago of single grade zl4. Basically for teams in zl2 and zl3 to have option of a third grade. Had some support from some clubs but not enough to get over the line.
    Games to be played before reserve grade and match where possible with other grades. Higher grades could have entered 4th grade in competition, creates more grades, revenue and greater club atmosphere. It also gives opportunities for clubs in zl2 to compete against zl3 clubs.

This AA team will run regardless - its about being loyal to our players, trying to fit those from ZPL who didnt make NL1/didnt leave, in with a full ZL2 squad. They will train with the squad (and most will be dual rego'd) and they will play before res on home games.

More asking to see if any other clubs are doing the same thing, or if they are interested in doing it etc. Some clubs would benefit from an extra game on ZL2 day, it means 2 squads on the tins watching first grade..

Looking at clubs like Kahibah in particular, i know theyve got a lot of AA teams, surely there would be one interested etc. Maryland, Uni, the bay etc.

Im happy to do the leg work, even 1 club interested means we keep the boys together for an extra fixture per year etc

Probably a little too late for 2016 too mate
    Obviously, you know what I mean.

The problem you face is Saturday fixtures.
    Some club struggle already to get AA games to kick-off at the time you are proposing, added to that the scheduling of referees and the Zone League Board asking ZL2 and ZL3 clubs to move fixtures to Sunday.
    Then the problem you face with Sunday fixtures is that there are no AA comps on a Sunday.

I'm not saying it's impossible but it would be a logistical nightmare.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    The problem you face is Saturday fixtures.
    Some club struggle already to get AA games to kick-off at the time you are proposing, added to that the scheduling of referees and the Zone League Board asking ZL2 and ZL3 clubs to move fixtures to Sunday.
    Then the problem you face with Sunday fixtures is that there are no AA comps on a Sunday.

I'm not saying it's impossible but it would be a logistical nightmare.
    All our home ZL2 (and 90% of away) fixtures were Saturdays last year? Or are you meaning that there will be no room?

I guess its easier for us, normally theres nobody on at Alder Park before ZL2 as AA play over at Novocastrian 90% of the time.

I know personally we would have no issue scheduling it (and hopefully it would help refs for us as theyd have 3 games instead of 2!)

Cant comment on other clubs but i remember watching AA before us when we played at Kahibah in L3, Edgy in L3, Westlakes in L2 for sure (cant remember others). There was definitely nobody before us at Mussy, Olympic, Simba, Wallsend, Medowie, Maryland, and I know some of those clubs have a few AA sides that could fill that gap (if willing)

Just an idea anyway, if any other ZL2 outfits wanted to up their training attendance and revenue by attaching a ZL2AA side to their squad. We will be doing it.

It's a great idea and as you've said, most Zone League clubs play Saturdays anyways. Sunday games are few & far between nowadays - the way it should be!!
    OK

I know personally we would have no issue scheduling it (and hopefully it would help refs for us as theyd have 3 games instead of 2!)
    Would not have any effect on refs I believe, as refs for the AA game would come from a different association to the refs for the ZL games