Thread: 17/18 HAL Grand Final | Newcastle Jets v Melbourne Victory | Sat 5th May 2018 750pm

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Dont for a second think i just disagreeing for the sake of it.I genuinely believe thatMus**** outwitted Ernie

He knew perfectly well how Bert wanted to play
    He had some weapons to play that way against us but chose not to
    He dragged the game to a place we were not good at and then beat us at it.

There are many ways to skin a cat and he chose his way to win

Mus**** could have set Victree up to go toe to toe with us throwing the big ones
    In Berisha Barbarousis Plagues mate and Troisi he had the artillery to do so

But he chose to not go there.

He chose to turn it into a grind and backed his side to be better at it than us.
    They were.

If things had of turned to shit he could easily have chosen to take the brakes off and unleashed the big names asnd stretched the game and gambled to get back in it that way

Everyone keeps hammering on about there goal keeper. Sure he made a couple of great saves and was a deserving MoM for coming up with the big plays but reality was we never threatened him anywhere near as much as we could have.

I can recall 3-4 shots of note. All the great stuff the Jets done was outside the box in the build up play. That shit dont win games. It what you do in the bix that matters and Mus**** set his side up to limit our opportunities in the box.

Credit where it is due. We were outwitted by Mus**** tactically
    GFs are about results not free flowing football.

He chose a method to achieve the result and his logic actually is sound as to why to play that way against us
    You are completely wrong here Member. Muscat's lads played exactly the way Ernie and everyone else of sound mind would have expected them to.
    Outwitted suggests Muscat did something both unexpected and spectacular - and nothing could be further from the truth.
    The only thing Ernie got wrong was he had too much faith in the referees and officials to stop the niggling / gamesmanship tactics of Victory.
    If it was an ACL game there is absolutely no way 17 fouls would have been committed by Victory without a yellow being produced, nor would Berisha have stayed on the ground after that blatant elbow to Roy.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 08-05-2018 at 10:53 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    You are completely wrong here Member. Muscat's lads played exactly the way Ernie and everyone else of sound mind would have expected them to.
    Outwitted suggests Muscat did something both unexpected and spectacular - and nothing could be further from the truth.
    The only thing Ernie got wrong was he had too much faith in the referees and officials to stop the niggling / gamesmanship tactics of Victory.
    If it was an ACL game there is absolutely no way 17 fouls would have been committed by Victory without a yellow being produced, nor would Berisha have stayed on the ground after that blatant elbow to Roy.
    So if Mus**** played the game exactly how Ernie and everyone else expected them to...

How dumb is Ernie for coming up with the shitful tactics he did??

Because he has been outwitted then if your sypnosis is correct.

Plenty of people here who cant give Mus**** the credit he deserves here. Parking the bus and playing negative football is a legitimate tactic.

The bloke took a risk to play this way and it came off for him.

As for Victory fouling us the ref was generous with the cards and could have been more strict and less lenient but there wasnt exactly a hell of a lot of cast iron cards by Victree bar the Berisha elbow that went unpunished.

As for Victory fouling us the ref was generous with the cards and could have been more strict and less lenient but there wasnt exactly a hell of a lot of cast iron cards by Victree bar the Berisha elbow that went unpunished.
    Shirt pulls (several), ankle trips (several) from behind, Lunging knee height on Ronnie.

Just to name a couple that are clear yellow cards any day of the week, zero given.

So if Mus**** played the game exactly how Ernie and everyone else expected them to...

How dumb is Ernie for coming up with the shitful tactics he did??

Because he has been outwitted then if your sypnosis is correct.

Plenty of people here who cant give Mus**** the credit he deserves here. Parking the bus and playing negative football is a legitimate tactic.

The bloke took a risk to play this way and it came off for him.

I'm definitely sick of talking about this game for a while. But just to reiterate my points against your claim.

Muscats negative tactics were a smart move however if they hadn't received their gift from the VAR all those tactics would have achieved was extra time. Hence my argument that Muscat didn't "outsmart" Ernie. He did what any coach would do when coming up against a better team but his tactics weren't anything special.

I also don't think that Victory were that much worse than us when it came down to bad fouls or even the number of fouls. We didn't want to play that sort of game but the referee set the tone and we were dumb enough to play that way. (however i'm not sure we really had an alternative.)
    I just wish he'd brought the cards out much much earlier in order to save the game from being a dire and stunted as it ended up. We all wanted to see a balls to the wall attacking GF but the Tards and the Ref put good to that after about 20 mins.

Muscat is a mediocre coach and won't go farther than the HAL before becoming a terribly biased pundit. He's also a smug p*^&k like Arnie so I will never have a positive word to say about either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.