Thread: 2020 Premier Club SAP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    All I want to say is 15/16 is the magic age.

I’ve seen kids who played community football until under 12s killing it in the Jets system now.
    I’ve seen kids who played rugby league until under 12s killing it in the jets system now.
    I’ve seen the next best thing who was a superstar SAP kid, maybe even an emerging jet who rides a skateboard or surfboard now because they are sick of the structure and the pressure they have been under since they were 8 years old.

It doesn’t matter how technically and tactically brilliant a child is at 9-12 years old, the most important thing at that age is for them to fall in love with the game so much that they want to play it every day.

A coach will have a small impact on whether a player makes it to A league level. The majority has to come from the fire within the player to succeed and the willingness to do more than the average kid to achieve it.

Let your kids fall in love with the game and don’t take it too seriously too soon

Quote Originally Posted by BS detecor View Post

I’ve seen kids who played community football until under 12s killing it in the Jets system now.
    I’ve seen kids who played rugby league until under 12s killing it in the jets system now.
    I’ve seen the next best thing who was a superstar SAP kid, maybe even an emerging jet who rides a skateboard or surfboard now because they are sick of the structure and the pressure they have been under since they were 8 years old.

It doesn’t matter how technically and tactically brilliant a child is at 9-12 years old, the most important thing at that age is for them to fall in love with the game so much that they want to play it every day.

A coach will have a small impact on whether a player makes it to A league level. The majority has to come from the fire within the player to succeed and the willingness to do more than the average kid to achieve it.

Let your kids fall in love with the game and don’t take it too seriously too soon
    Best post in this forum 100% correct, passion and determination will trump everything in the long run.
    Seen it all first hand, let the kids do what they want to do and things will work out just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by BS detecor View Post

reading back through this forum ive seen this type of comment a lot.i think the type of person commenting on here is exactly as you say they should be.all the parents seem to want the best for their kids and want their kids passion for football to be the best experience they can get.i certainly dont want my kid getting yelled at every week or feeling like hes failing if they lose games.so hearing other parents opinions on coaches/clubs etc can mean making more informed decisions in the future to avoid such issues.from the second we were spoken to by our club about what the program actually is all about we understood what its there for and we are comfortable in where its headed.for sure other kids will come from outside the program to become stars.no one within SAP is saying this is the only way.likewise SAP kids are going to end up successful in other areas and credit the program with instilling some discipline and pride in themselves.sport is supposed to be fun and educational.my kid is having fun and learning and happy.thats all i want to see.