Page 93 of 101 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 2002

Thread: 2014 National Premier League

Received completed draw last Thursday 20th, would post it I knew how

Any idea when the draw for the FFA Cup is due to be done,I'm also led to believe the first games are played sometime in March.Anyone know?

Nests on the home dugout at Blacksmiths Oval
    FFA Cup is in .... no state cup. Composition of comp and quarter final teams has been changed. Which I believe is more realistic. NEWFM and below group play 2 rounds prior to 7th March (rnd 1 season kick off). 8th Dec is final acceptance for teams so draw won't be after that I quess.

Sounds good,looking forward to next season already.

I just realised that the first 3 Friday night games (of the 4 in total) all clash with Jets games.

Friday 10th April - Victory vs Jets @ 7:30 (Edgey v Charlestown @ 8:30)
    Friday 17th April - Jets vs Sydney @ 7:30 (Hamilton v Edgey @ 6:30)
    Friday 24th April - Roar vs Jets @ 7:40 (Edgey v Broadmeadow @ 7:00)

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    I just realised that the first 3 Friday night games (of the 4 in total) all clash with Jets games.

Olympic v Edgeworth is Saturday 18th April

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post

As if the fate of the Jets season will not be decided well before then!!!

As the member said, you won't miss much tbh.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

What would happen if Jets do pull out of NPL .. Perhaps a play off between Valentine & Lakes to see who get NPL spot

Nothing this season, guessing only promotion next season with no relegation.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanky View Post
    Olympic v Edgeworth is Saturday 18th April
    Ah yes. I missed that. Saturday it is. Cheers.

MKFS you havent answered my question re craig deans.have you had anything to do with him or are you just bagging him without knowing him

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by italian stallion View Post
    MKFS you havent answered my question re craig deans.have you had anything to do with him or are you just bagging him without knowing him
    I have watched him coach the Jets Yoof team plenty of times whether in the NPL NYL. I have also sat near him at matches and overheard his comments on matters on the park

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    I have watched him coach the Jets Yoof team plenty of times whether in the NPL NYL. I have also sat near him at matches and overheard his comments on matters on the park
    good enough for me....................................sack him.................he is shite....................MFKS said so.......................ffs

over heard ???? do you know what was discussed prior ?? what game strategy/plan was ?? do you know anything ????

Quote Originally Posted by Why Blue View Post
    good enough for me....................................sack him.................he is shite....................MFKS said so.......................ffs

over heard ???? do you know what was discussed prior ?? what game strategy/plan was ?? do you know anything ????
    On the flip side to this, how do you know he's a good coach? "Because my child said so"? Are they, or you, an expert in the identification of good coaches? What makes you think Deans is the future of development in NNSWF?
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    On the flip side to this, how do you know he's a good coach? "Because my child said so"? Are they, or you, an expert in the identification of good coaches? What makes you think Deans is the future of development in NNSWF?
    i will cop that................each to their own

But yes i believe that someone like Deans is a better option moving forward than most on offer. Personally i believe the best youth coach in Newcastle is coaching U/15 NPL, but then again others will disagree.

But as for identifying a good coach, communication and respect are critical for youth if you cant sell your message and have your kids believing you.........well you have nothing.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Why Blue View Post

Maybe his comments he was making were of a pretty narrow minded view. Lets remember there are many ways to skin a cat/play this game.

If he wants to be as narrow on his ideas/thoughts he was expressing then he may as well change his name to Craig Van Egmond.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Maybe his comments he was making were of a pretty narrow minded view. Lets remember there are many ways to skin a cat/play this game.

If he wants to be as narrow on his ideas/thoughts he was expressing then he may as well change his name to Craig Van Egmond.
    again each to their own, I'm sure many of us watch the same game and have different views on how that game was played.

Deans from what i have witnessed is not like GVE at all, but remember they are all coaching the FFA handbook.
    And please remember my comments are from a youth level only, EJ's NPL etc.............not HAL or Jets Youth

It isn't all tecnical/tactical ability that defines the coach. A lot of it has to do with the culture of the club, the quality of the players he has and the chemistry of the relationship he has with them.