Page 41 of 61 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 NPL Youth

Quote Originally Posted by big jim View Post
    Have been reading this thread/forum for a little while now but this is my first post
    My interest is in the NPL youth and like a few on here the 15's in particular

last weekends Manchester United cup that was held in Sydney and represented locally by Emerging Jets 15's and Olympic 15's
    Emerging Jets performed in my opinion poorly they won one, against side that eventually came last ( 10th ) Drew one and lost two
    That put them in a play off against Olympic for 7th & 8th which EJ's won 2-0, not good enough from the area's elite, in my opinion
    Maybe it's time to get serious with a few selections, look deeper into the NPL were kids are developing
    The current policy of keeping under performing players does not seem to be working very well as this side has constantly under performed at last two nationals and again on the weekend
    Maybe they need to look at why they need to recall a player who left the program, only two weeks before or why they carry a player who has been injured for the last two seasons and has kept a development position from another prospect or a couple of forwards who after years in the program still can't hit the net

Maybe I'm harsh but the one constant is these kids keep going to these tournaments and keep hugging the bottom of the ladder, this year they injected a little new blood but again poor results, so again maybe the wrong kids, maybe stop relying on club coach input ( that can be biased ) and actually get out to few games and watch the kids play
    BJ I agree with a lot of what you have to say
    Particulary the comment about looking deeper into NPL youth
    As I have said numerous times the 15 NPL comp is stronger this year with a few kids really starting to develop strongly
    There are also some kids that have looked good over the years that are struggling a little this year...... Maybe same as E Jets ??

Quote Originally Posted by big jim View Post
    Have been reading this thread/forum for a little while now but this is my first post
    My interest is in the NPL youth and like a few on here the 15's in particular

last weekends Manchester United cup that was held in Sydney and represented locally by Emerging Jets 15's and Olympic 15's
    Emerging Jets performed in my opinion poorly they won one, against side that eventually came last ( 10th ) Drew one and lost two
    That put them in a play off against Olympic for 7th & 8th which EJ's won 2-0, not good enough from the area's elite, in my opinion
    Maybe it's time to get serious with a few selections, look deeper into the NPL were kids are developing
    The current policy of keeping under performing players does not seem to be working very well as this side has constantly under performed at last two nationals and again on the weekend
    Maybe they need to look at why they need to recall a player who left the program, only two weeks before or why they carry a player who has been injured for the last two seasons and has kept a development position from another prospect or a couple of forwards who after years in the program still can't hit the net

Maybe I'm harsh but the one constant is these kids keep going to these tournaments and keep hugging the bottom of the ladder, this year they injected a little new blood but again poor results, so again maybe the wrong kids, maybe stop relying on club coach input ( that can be biased ) and actually get out to few games and watch the kids play
    Big Jim the most intelligent post to date on the NPL Youth forum
    I vote for you as Technical Director, and YES its the standard for the emerging try hards finishing 3rd last at every tournament, a bit embarrassing i think, it will only be time, before any team from NNSW wont be invited if that is the worst we continue to send and represent NNSW.
    PS read the wandarers forum on the event, massive issues raised from other states ,why the State teams are entered in a NPL Cup, and QLD, WA and VIC not there.
    Last edited by mother theresa; 23-06-2015 at 03:50 PM.

the FNSW institute squad that won it is coached by milan blagojevic, if i'm not mistaken?

is it a case of the kids not being up to standard compared to the higher intensity/higher quality programs or is it the coaching they are receiving? or purely the length of time they have spent in the academy programs? having seen neither play and only read about it i'm interested to know, not casting any aspersions on anyone etc

*i also read that the EJ's had a scoreless draw with FNSWI - anyone see the game?

It seems that despite all the extra training, supposedly better coaching and constantly playing stronger opposition, it doesn't guarantee a players ability to maintain standards. Especially when being berated for minor mistakes and individual flare quashed from all but a chosen few.

Quote Originally Posted by Quare Caeruleum View Post
    It seems that despite all the extra training, supposedly better coaching and constantly playing stronger opposition, it doesn't guarantee a players ability to maintain standards. Especially when being berated for minor mistakes and individual flare quashed from all but a chosen few.
    Chosen few ?????

QC surely your not implying that there is favourites with in our elite program ????

For me the biggest worry is that we as an area seem not to be competitive ??? NNSWF draws from a large base of players
    I have always maintained that perhaps NNSWF would be better of casting a wider net and development should be pushed thru the NPL program, seems Olympic are only 2 goals behind, imagine if they got more coaching, better facilities, the luxury of training at a constant facility, I bet the EJ's had a much smoother training schedule over the last few weeks, tougher opposition week in week out, how long till they reversed that score ???

Maybe current EJ squads are the best kids available ??? Who knows but given the constant under performing of the squad maybe it's time for some changes, give some new kids a go.......

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the FNSW institute squad that won it is coached by milan blagojevic, if i'm not mistaken?

is it a case of the kids not being up to standard compared to the higher intensity/higher quality programs or is it the coaching they are receiving? or purely the length of time they have spent in the academy programs? having seen neither play and only read about it i'm interested to know, not casting any aspersions on anyone etc
    q-money, just reading the wanderers page on the NMU Cup, there is 24 interesting comments posted, regarding the fact the cup was organised as a FFA cup style, for the under 15 NPL teams in Oceania, what has obviously happened, is opportunity to justify the existence of such programs, and what they can offer over NPL, there was no lead up qualifier, no representation from all states, only a select few. Apparently the NPL team from NZ, had to go through a qualification tournament to progress, as for the NPL teams, they were 1st in the 14's 2014 NPL competition, however the 5 state teams???????? appear given a special pass, which is causing the uproar, and then to attend, and under perform, except FNSW.
    As per the 24 posts, it shows, how things can be over ridden to suit some, rather than offering a opportunity for other 15's players in NPL across the country.
    I think its poor, and again demonstrates the flaws, and ability to progress in the game.

MT were is this forum with comments you talk about ???

Quote Originally Posted by Why Blue View Post
    MT were is this forum with comments you talk about ???
    http://www.wswanderersfc.com.au/comm...pacific-finals

Haha mother man, last thing these kids need is me as td
    They seem confused enough already

But seriously the crap that goes on around these EJ teams compared to results they post, hardly seems that the program shines

Don't forget Newcastle Football's recent success at state championships

Wrong kids, playing in wrong positions, look at kid they bought in this year that had apparently played mid all his life now centre back and seriously struggling, kid might be able to play but not a back
    Agree with quare as well, let the kids show some flare they do seem scared

Quote Originally Posted by Why Blue View Post
    Chosen few ?????

QC surely your not implying that there is favourites with in our elite program ????

For me the biggest worry is that we as an area seem not to be competitive ??? NNSWF draws from a large base of players
    I have always maintained that perhaps NNSWF would be better of casting a wider net and development should be pushed thru the NPL program, seems Olympic are only 2 goals behind, imagine if they got more coaching, better facilities, the luxury of training at a constant facility, I bet the EJ's had a much smoother training schedule over the last few weeks, tougher opposition week in week out, how long till they reversed that score ???

Maybe current EJ squads are the best kids available ??? Who knows but given the constant under performing of the squad maybe it's time for some changes, give some new kids a go.......
    Probably the majority of kids do deserve their spot, but from what I have seen you could select at least 2 teams from the NPL teams that, without even the extra training, experience and competition, would easily match the current EJ 15s. But is that enough given this age group was once thought to be one of the strongest in NNSWF history.
    Have we ever had the quality of coaching to truly develop these players and see them competitive with other states? Imagine how they would perform against international academies.
    "Dum spiro, spero" - Cicero

Saturday at Adamstown should be interesting....
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Saturday at Adamstown should be interesting....
    Why ????

Quote Originally Posted by Quare Caeruleum View Post
    Probably the majority of kids do deserve their spot, but from what I have seen you could select at least 2 teams from the NPL teams that, without even the extra training, experience and competition, would easily match the current EJ 15s. But is that enough given this age group was once thought to be one of the strongest in NNSWF history.
    Have we ever had the quality of coaching to truly develop these players and see them competitive with other states? Imagine how they would perform against international academies.
    "Dum spiro, spero" - Cicero
    Agree that there are plenty of kids who can push the existing EJ squad
    Also agree that may not be enough !!! Given the whole discussion is about how poorly existing squad performs once exposed to higher quality
    But does that mean we don't try ???

Sure there are some quality players in existing squad, but also some who seem to be at the end if their development
    On the other hand I have seen some 15 NPL kids really come on this year, really developed their games, give them a go , how can it hurt ????

hey mother your back, but you have not answered any questions.what do you do to help football besides complain on this forum.you mentioned before you supposedly had a uefa pro license.

Quote Originally Posted by italian stallion View Post
    hey mother your back, but you have not answered any questions.what do you do to help football besides complain on this forum.you mentioned before you supposedly had a uefa pro license.
    IS- what do you want to know?
    here we go..
    lose the plot at all games
    hate losing
    long ball is my passion as well as my coaching mantra
    have i helped football in any way- NO!
    How did i go?
    where do i coach at your club..

I don't know MT and not backing him up, but your 20 posts have contributed nothing to any thread, only to goad someone. What have YOU done to help football?

just what I thought mother.well footyhead I support my sons under 8s team.also been involved in the game for over 30 years in various ways what about you

just what I thought mother.well footyhead I support my sons under 8s team.also been involved in the game for over 30 years in various ways what about you
    excellent Mr Stallone!
    you are now qualified to run for FIFA President.

My kids' been playing since 2006, so only a little involvement but with various clubs including azurri, as some like to call them