Page 39 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 National Premier League thread

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BP Super Dynamos View Post
    What happened to Kelly and Pratt? I'd have started the 19's keeper over Wand. Poor result for the Bears nevertheless. They'll be scrapping to avoid the drop (if there is one)
    Kelly got sent off last week for a professional foul so would have been suspended

Quote Originally Posted by BP Super Dynamos View Post
    What happened to Kelly and Pratt? I'd have started the 19's keeper over Wand. Poor result for the Bears nevertheless. They'll be scrapping to avoid the drop (if there is one)
    19's keeper is only in his second year as a keeper. Weston have a solid defence and will keep teams to low scores but finding goals will be the problem imo.

And Pratt left after being benched in round 1 yet to hear where he is going to play. To good to not be playing.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    I been informed the keeper who got sent was the 22s regular and the bloke who come on was the 19s
    Keeper sent off today for Adamstown was Paul Bitz, who was recently signed as back up to Carter whilst he is serving his 4 week suspension, regular U/22's keeper came on to complete the remainder of first grade.

Lambton , nil development . over payed old legs out enthusd by young hungry legs

Quote Originally Posted by Ker-Plunk View Post
    Lambton , nil development . over payed old legs out enthusd by young hungry legs
    Correct
    But I believe the club know this, hence Pascoe
    They know that next year they have problems, this years 22's are mostly over 20, 19's are mostly over 18
    And 17's are currently 8th so years if neglect still showing there

But pascoe's links to youth thru HSH and old jets youth contacts could bring some hope

Quote Originally Posted by The Manager View Post
    Keeper sent off today for Adamstown was Paul Bitz, who was recently signed as back up to Carter whilst he is serving his 4 week suspension, regular U/22's keeper came on to complete the remainder of first grade.
    Is this the same keeper that has leaked 20plus goals in 4 games

Quote Originally Posted by Why Blue View Post
    Correct
    They know that next year they have problems, this years 22's are mostly over 20, 19's are mostly over 18

But pascoe's links to youth thru HSH and old jets youth contacts could bring some hope
    Just need to ensure they get a few results so there is a next year.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Why Blue View Post
    Correct

Nothing stopping them fixing the problem by recruiting in from other NPL clubs whether that be seniors of juniors to strengthen their lower grade sides.

Instead of just focusing on first grade go look at a few younger blokes at other clubs and bring them in with the view of bringing them up to first grade in 3-4 years time.

Then get around to strengthening their NPL Yoof teams so the problem is fixed permanently

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Nothing stopping them fixing the problem by recruiting in from other NPL clubs whether that be seniors of juniors to strengthen their lower grade sides.

Instead of just focusing on first grade go look at a few younger blokes at other clubs and bring them in with the view of bringing them up to first grade in 3-4 years time.

Then get around to strengthening their NPL Yoof teams so the problem is fixed permanently
    They are a buying club not a developing club, its the way it works in the NPL

Quote Originally Posted by mervan View Post
    This

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    Just need to ensure they get a few results so there is a next year.
    Northern aren't worrying about results for the next 3 years are they? I thought it was just about meeting the criteria.

Which is a pity and blight on the local game.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Northern aren't worrying about results for the next 3 years are they? I thought it was just about meeting the criteria.
    \

Criteria, surely Cahill Oval's surface deserves a black listing... Jesus Christ!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    \

Criteria, surely Cahill Oval's surface deserves a black listing... Jesus Christ!!!
    I'm not sure the quality of the surface is given much weighting, Northern focus on amenities, referees rooms and toilets for all the spectators.

Personally I think it should be all about how much you have in the bank and whether you can sustain yourself financially in the league, rest is immaterial.

Name a club that has been relegated recently that wasn't in the bottom half financially. The points system/salary cap didn't work.

I'm not sure the quality of the surface is given much weighting, Northern focus on amenities, referees rooms and toilets for all the spectators.

Personally I think it should be all about how much you have in the bank and whether you can sustain yourself financially in the league, rest is immaterial.

Name a club that has been relegated recently that wasn't in the bottom half financially. The points system/salary cap didn't work.
    Have you not been watching the EPL this season?

After 5 rounds and seeing everyone play, here are my predictions
    1st magic. They have too much firepower in the front third and are strong all over the park.
    2nd olympic. Quality squad and will push magic all the way. Best Defence in como but won't score enough goals
    3rd edgeworth. Just below the top two. Really are missing Walker and McBreen yet to score. If they are to win the comp maccas needs to start scoring
    4th maitland. Big spending on a new coach and players should see them sneak into 4th place. The addition of Clarke will help with the lack of goals
    5th Charlestown. Had a great start to the year but have had the easy side of the draw. can't see them getting many points out of edgy,magic and olympic over the next free weeks
    6th jaffas. Seem an unhappy camp since the departure of previous coach. Same playing roster as last year nearly struggling to adapt to new regime
    7th weston. Always competitive as shown by 0-0 draw with magic. Defensively sound but I can't see where their goals are coming from
    8th valentine. A few injuries will test their depth. Yet to play edgy magic or Olympic and can see one or two blowouts here.
    9th adamstown. 5 send offs in 5 games including their keeper 3 times. How do they recover from this .
    Last jets youth. Too many young players not ready for this level. Defensively poor which has a lot to do with their age. Luckily no relegation this year

Applications were sent out last week for 2017 NPL... has anyone seen what is involved?

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Have you not been watching the EPL this season?
    Didn't know this was the EPL thread.

What I am referring to is that I don't think a wealthy club has been relegated from our top division for sometime.

Didn't know this was the EPL thread.

What I am referring to is that I don't think a wealthy club has been relegated from our top division for sometime.
    Lakes

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Lakes
    Zics, you can't be serious

Zics, you can't be serious
    They have the money, they have plenty of it but poor administration cost them.