Page 59 of 127 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 2521

Thread: 2016 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by mervan View Post
    Knock yourselves out, there is no incentive for clubs to develop players. We can see what has happened to clubs who try to develop, they are all in new fm.
    This is why the points system needs to change

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    This is why the points system needs to change
    Agree

NPL clubs spend $100k on players to win a comp worth 500 bucks, how much do put back into improving grounds, not even 10 percent of this.

They are not community clubs anymore, therefore stop all government grants, they should be directed to the junior clubs who are the real community clubs.

Seriously there are clubs paying has beens to play new fm, what's going on.

NPL clubs spend $100k on players to win a comp worth 500 bucks, how much do put back into improving grounds, not even 10 percent of this.

They are not community clubs anymore, therefore stop all government grants, they should be directed to the junior clubs who are the real community clubs.

Seriously there are clubs paying has beens to play new fm, what's going on.
    Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by winner View Post
    A great suggestion. Maybe you should take your own advice and go and watch a replay. I suppose we can all be one eyed supporters when it comes to the team we support. I will watch the replay myself and get back to
    I don't need to take my own advice .

I was not the one that came on here trying to claim that Adamstown attempted to park the bus . Neither was I the one that posted with intensions of diluting a good Hamilton performance

Could Hamilton have came away with all the points , yes for sure.

That said , so very easy could have Adamstown and to suggest either of these teams parked the bus is simply disrespectful to what was for the most a highly entertaining game .
    Last edited by Atown; 26-06-2016 at 09:01 PM.

Banned
    Knock yourselves out, there is no incentive for clubs to develop players. We can see what has happened to clubs who try to develop, they are all in new fm.
    There is plenty of incentive in developing players. It just a shame so many clubs don't
    You have Magic and Olympic doing it but you have a glass ceiling there as it is near on improbable that a kid will break into the first team at the club

Then you have others like Jaffas and Maitland buying up in first grade and doing nothing with their kids

Then you have the rest who aint strong in any grade across the NPL

Then you have the EJ who are a ****ing disgrace when the only grade they are winning at the moment is the 19s. They are not even in contention really for winning any other grade which is a disgrace when you consider they are training more and have allegedly better players coaches and resources

Completely agree, however most clubs put together competitive teams by attracting young players to their club. Many different reasons why but in the youth grades decent players spread over most clubs,with a few clubs seeming to miss out on better quality kids. Maitland don't seem to keep the better kids, I believe there are quite a few youth players from Maitland playing for different Newcastle based NPL clubs, so why can't Maitland hang onto them?

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    There is plenty of incentive in developing players. It just a shame so many clubs don't
    You have Magic and Olympic doing it but you have a glass ceiling there as it is near on improbable that a kid will break into the first team at the club

Then you have others like Jaffas and Maitland buying up in first grade and doing nothing with their kids

Then you have the rest who aint strong in any grade across the NPL

Then you have the EJ who are a ****ing disgrace when the only grade they are winning at the moment is the 19s. They are not even in contention really for winning any other grade which is a disgrace when you consider they are training more and have allegedly better players coaches and resources
    You are kidding! Surely.
    Magic development program is all about securing as many ex Jets kids as they can! Have a look how many ex jets kids have played 19s this year for them. I suspect at least 8, could be more

I'd suggest it may have something to do with the coaches and their relationship to some players.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    I'd suggest it may have something to do with the coaches and their relationship to some players.
    Beast I think that is very true, even at the top level.

Quote Originally Posted by Atown View Post
    I don't need to take my own advice .

I was not the one that came on here trying to claim that Adamstown attempted to park the bus . Neither was I the one that posted with intensions of diluting a good Hamilton performance

Could Hamilton have came away with all the points , yes for sure.

That said , so very easy could have Adamstown and to suggest either of these teams parked the bus is simply disrespectful to what was for the most a highly entertaining game .
    I support neither of these teams but live up the road so dropped in for a look. I'm far from an expert but in my opinion the match could easily have gone either way. I thought Olympic looked good early but the longer the game went on the Buds worked their way into it. Olympic controlled the middle of the park better but in my opinion Adamstown had the better chances in the second half & two great saves by Ireland that kept it level. Both teams tried to play a bit of footy & it was quite entertaining & could easily have gone either way.

Quote Originally Posted by hamburgler View Post
    You are kidding! Surely.
    Magic development program is all about securing as many ex Jets kids as they can! Have a look how many ex jets kids have played 19s this year for them. I suspect at least 8, could be more
    Correct, got another one who has now left jets twice and gone back to magic twice.......make up your mind!!!!

Magic youth policy....get all ex EJ and Jets youth has been in play for a few years now, but has served them pretty well
    Olympic and Buds seem to have good development paths

But the really switched on clubs are the ones planning for 2017,when all points will count to relegation and when the age groups change

CCB have an eye to this but Edgy are the ones, current 19's about 90% can play 18's next year and today's starting 22's all can play 20's next year, forward thinking from the coaching group has them in strong position

I'm not 100% certain, but I'm pretty sure Magic have quite a few players that have come through their youth grades over the years in the current first grade team.. Piddington, Higgins, Hoole, Foteff, Barber, Kale. They also have young Levis and Tyson slowly coming in to the picture too. Not sure off the top of my head if there are anymore.
    And for ex Jets kids wanting to play at Magic.. I don't feel that's very surprising. If I was a young kid, it would be a club that would be right up there as my preference to play at.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by winner View Post
    Bitz was well supported by the bus he had parked in front of him all game. He will be rewarded by being sat on the bench again next week for Carter
    Regardless of what defensive pattern Adamstown played the keeper still has to make the saves when required,with that in mind he had a really good game.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedymetric View Post
    I support neither of these teams but live up the road so dropped in for a look. I'm far from an expert but in my opinion the match could easily have gone either way. I thought Olympic looked good early but the longer the game went on the Buds worked their way into it. Olympic controlled the middle of the park better but in my opinion Adamstown had the better chances in the second half & two great saves by Ireland that kept it level. Both teams tried to play a bit of footy & it was quite entertaining & could easily have gone either way.
    Agree, i watched this game aswell and was also impressed with the standard of the game. by no means olympic should think adamstown parked the bus as from what i saw they looked like they attacked well. typical winner the one eyed monster with his sore loser talk even though they got a point out of it.
    all in all a draw was the best result..

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    I'm not 100% certain, but I'm pretty sure Magic have quite a few players that have come through their youth grades over the years in the current first grade team.. Piddington, Higgins, Hoole, Foteff, Barber, Kale. They also have young Levis and Tyson slowly coming in to the picture too. Not sure off the top of my head if there are anymore.
    And for ex Jets kids wanting to play at Magic.. I don't feel that's very surprising. If I was a young kid, it would be a club that would be right up there as my preference to play at.
    Using common knowledge, common sense and the truth, as you have done here when talking about magic is like bringing a stick to a gun fight. These people will still bag out magic regardless of reality because the club is successful. There are ex jets youth and emerging everywhere. I'm not even a magic fan but it's so tiring to read the constant whining about them

Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    Agree, i watched this game aswell and was also impressed with the standard of the game. by no means olympic should think adamstown parked the bus as from what i saw they looked like they attacked well. typical winner the one eyed monster with his sore loser talk even though they got a point out of it.
    all in all a draw was the best result..
    After reading today's paper and Bolchy's comments maybe Olympic need to play Bertos further forward to help as far as putting away chances is concerned. Having Jacob Bailey on the bench with Leo back as defensive midfield seemed a bit bizarre to me. That said I think they will put the cleaners through Azzuri on Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonester View Post
    After reading today's paper and Bolchy's comments maybe Olympic need to play Bertos further forward to help as far as putting away chances is concerned. Having Jacob Bailey on the bench with Leo back as defensive midfield seemed a bit bizarre to me. That said I think they will put the cleaners through Azzuri on Wednesday.
    Why is that exactly ? Anything can happen in football, don't think Azzurri will win, but there needs to be some young injection in amongst the older legs, especially in the MF and up front. Will be no smith again Wednesday night, will good for all the boys to catch up, its like a reunion, Goodchild, Bird, Hodges, Swan, Swan, Minors and there is probably more ...

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    Why is that exactly ? Anything can happen in football, don't think Azzurri will win, but there needs to be some young injection in amongst the older legs, especially in the MF and up front. Will be no smith again Wednesday night, will good for all the boys to catch up, its like a reunion, Goodchild, Bird, Hodges, Swan, Swan, Minors and there is probably more ...
    If you look at it clinically you have an unbeaten team with the best attack &best defense playing at home against a side that has lost its last 4 or 5 games. Without Smith must make you believe that the result is more than likely an Olympic win.

Is there any catch up games this week?