Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 NEW FM League thread

Quote Originally Posted by BigSam View Post
    people around the club seem happy that the kids are getting a go? you've been quiet on them lately thats all

Still predicting Kahibah to win the comp, classy players in there squad... few chiefs and the rest are Indians so to say making them very hard to beat

No formal commitments with any squads
    Club support the coaching staff whichever way they go. That's the vibe I get. The committee isn't hard-pressed on results and it's a fairly decent environment for coaches I think...perhaps a bit too relaxed if anything.

Lakes will win the premiership but the finals will be exciting. Wallsend will be out in Semi's. They haven't done enough to show they might win it again. Lakes obviously favourites but I tell you, Belswans could be the ones to beat. It's going to be a better finals series then last year I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by LongSufferingFan View Post
    Based on the Facility criteria Ty posted my ranking of NewFM grounds based on criteria (in order) would be:

MEET OR PREDOMINANTLY MEET CRITERIA:
    1. Lakes
    2. Toronto
    3. Cessnock

PARTIALLY MEET CRITERIA:
    4. Wallsend
    5. Cooks Hill
    6. West Wallsend
    7. South Cardiff
    8. Singleton
    9. Belswans

DONT MEET CRITERIA:
    10. Thornton
    11. Kahibah
    12. New Lambton (for completeness)

So assuming other elements of application are met we could see 3 NewFM teams with a NPL license (Lakes, Toronto and Cessnock) or up to 9 NewFM teams if they allow flexibility with the grounds criteria.
    Add in the current 10 NPL clubs and you get 13 teams minimum or 19 teams maximum.
    Conceivable that Valentine could lose their license based on grounds meaning that we could have one NPL comp with 12 teams and no promotion/relegation.
    Alternatively we could have up to 19 NPL teams with two comps with promotion and relegation.

Interesting to see how NNSWF make the decision.
    You failed to mention the current NPL clubs who don't meet the criteria

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    You failed to mention the current NPL clubs who don't meet the criteria
    I'm note up to speed with all their grounds (NPL entry is too expensive) so hard to say.

Perhaps the Jets should be relegated as they clearly can't meet the facility requirement!

Quote Originally Posted by De-Champ View Post
    How do you know if the three teams (no 10, 11 and 12) do not meet the criteria. Have you seen their applications?
    If you are referring simply to grounds (that they currently play at) all they have to do is eg Kahibah having an agreement with CCB/council and play out of Highfields. That solves the ground issue.
    If the truth were known most clubs would not meet 100% of the criteria excluding the grounds they play at.
    My list was based purely on how the current grounds meets (or could meet with minor offseason upgrades) facility criteria.

For the record I agree with you that the only way Northern is going to get the two tiers of NPL it is after is for clubs to share grounds. There is simply not enough quality facilities to host 16 NPL clubs.
    Here's a suggestion:
    NNSW Football to offer grants of say $100,000 towards a ground upgrade to any NPL club prepared to share its ground with another prospective NPL club.
    We could see:
    Kahibah and CCB playing out of Lisle Carr
    Cooks Hill and Adamstown out of Adamstown oval
    Lambton and New Lambton playing out of Arthur Edden
    Merewether and Hamilton playing out of Darling St
    Jets Youth and Broadmeadow playing out of Magic Park
    Beresfield and Maitland playing out of Cooks Square
    Valentine and Belswans playing out of Blacksmiths
    etc.

My list was based purely on how the current grounds meets (or could meet with minor offseason upgrades) facility criteria.

For the record I agree with you that the only way Northern is going to get the two tiers of NPL it is after is for clubs to share grounds. There is simply not enough quality facilities to host 16 NPL clubs.
    Here's a suggestion:
    NNSW Football to offer grants of say $100,000 towards a ground upgrade to any NPL club prepared to share its ground with another prospective NPL club.
    We could see:
    etc.
    Don't the FFA guidelines state that NPL clubs must have exclusive use of their ground? (hence New Lambton being moved on from Adamstown Oval a few years back).

Quote Originally Posted by idontwannaplaywithhowey View Post
    Don't the FFA guidelines state that NPL clubs must have exclusive use of their ground? (hence New Lambton being moved on from Adamstown Oval a few years back).
    I can't see anywhere in the current facility criteria where it says this.
    Section 10 just says the facility must be available from the start of the season to the end of the season.
    Interestingly this would technically rule out grounds such as Darling St, Cahill Oval, Howe Park, Thornton Park, Ulinga, Kahibah Oval etc that have cricket playing in summer on them where the field is not available before the start of the season (first weekend in March if it is a 12 team comp).

Quote Originally Posted by idontwannaplaywithhowey View Post
    No its a NCC clause for teams participating in Premier Compeitions, FFA and NNSWF have nothing to do with ground allocations. When promoted, Adamstown under NCC had the right to kick New Lambton off, they they did quick smart... Obviously couldn't negotiate an outcome like Newcastle Football and Jaffas did for coexistence and Edden.

I'm assuming Piggo's protégé is Blake Glennie
    "The member formerly known as Bluenwhitejet"

Quote Originally Posted by Dontknowmuch View Post
    What are Kahibah, New Lambton and Thornton missing? A fence can be done in the off season (prob not reqd for Thornton). A players race can be done in a week, covered seating can be done in the off season. What cant be done in an off season is the junior requirement which many of the clubs dont have. If you were to put clubs into the NPL Kahibah, New Lambton, Valentine and Cooks Hill (maybe Wallsend nut I believe they have split from the juniors recently) need to be there they are big junior clubs and these clubs are sustainable just by player numbers alone. NPL seems now to be based on the richest clubs succeeding which is not sustainable or at best are very volatile year to year. Clubs that support and participate in Grassroots football should be the 1st clubs considered. They have a constant income stream a huge number to call for volunteers and hopefully a clear pathway for their juniors, whether it be in 'elite' football or community football.
    The relationship between Wallsend NewFM and the Juniors,Zone League 2 and Women's is healthier than ever dontknowmuch, just wanted to clear that up mate.

Quote Originally Posted by BP Super Dynamos View Post
    I'm assuming Piggo's protégé is Blake Glennie
    yeah that's his name, watched cooks hill twice this year, seem to play decent football under him with a fair amount of kids getting a chance to play?

From memory was a decent player when he use to play up at Azzuri as a kid and then with a couple of New FM teams

yeah that's his name, watched cooks hill twice this year, seem to play decent football under him with a fair amount of kids getting a chance to play?

From memory was a decent player when he use to play up at Azzuri as a kid and then with a couple of New FM teams

...........and loves the stags, I can see them being a force next year, especially if they get the coach they want.

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    The relationship between Wallsend NewFM and the Juniors,Zone League 2 and Women's is healthier than ever dontknowmuch, just wanted to clear that up mate.
    Good to hear. The club has come along way in a short period, I will be a happy when they make it to the top competition once again. Huge proud history.

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    ...........and loves the stags, I can see them being a force next year, especially if they get the coach they want.

Seems the stags have a very good bond with former coaches and players

Aren't Cooks Hill running 9th ? 1 win ahead of Toronto
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    Aren't Cooks Hill running 9th ? 1 win ahead of Toronto
    yeah, just checked the table myself, very surprised by that, seemed to be playing decent football when ive watched them twice....

clear top 4 then the rest, the table shows this

As someone who's seen all but two Cooks Hill games, they've let inconsistency cost them and lack a real out and out striker. The 6-1 loss to Kahibah saw multiple players dropped to reserves and one or two leave the club afterwards and they've come out better with the younger players now starting week in, week out. A true #9 would do wonders.

Just saw NSW Government have banned greyhound racing effective July 2017. Not the place to discuss the decision but what's it going to mean for The Gardens/Wallsend F.C. Do the Red Devils take ownership and costs of running the facility. IMO, if this means the end for the dog track, knock it down and make a true football ground. I know Wallsend won't be able to pay for that sort of development but there's so much you could do with that ground.

Quote Originally Posted by NewyTy View Post
    As someone who's seen all but two Cooks Hill games, they've let inconsistency cost them and lack a real out and out striker. The 6-1 loss to Kahibah saw multiple players dropped to reserves and one or two leave the club afterwards and they've come out better with the younger players now starting week in, week out. A true #9 would do wonders.

Just saw NSW Government have banned greyhound racing effective July 2017. Not the place to discuss the decision but what's it going to mean for The Gardens/Wallsend F.C. Do the Red Devils take ownership and costs of running the facility. IMO, if this means the end for the dog track, knock it down and make a true football ground. I know Wallsend won't be able to pay for that sort of development but there's so much you could do with that ground.

would have to agree, was a young blonde hair kid playing in the number 10 role when I watched them vs belswans! Plays well

Predictions to win this weekend Ty?

would have to agree, was a young blonde hair kid playing in the number 10 role when I watched them vs belswans! Plays well

Predictions to win this weekend Ty?
    Yep, he's been consistent ever since coming into the side during the Kahibah loss. Got him from Adamstown I believe and real stand-out this season.

I started my predictions yesterday and still going. Gets more tedious every week and always leave 1st Grade till last. That being said, I'd have Cooks Hill to beat Toronto, Belswans to down Westy, Southy and Thornton to draw I think, Cessnock to push Kahibah but go down and Lakes to beat Wallsend.

Here's a suggestion:
    We could see:
    etc.
    Jets playing at magic park?? What a joke!!! I would be outraged! The jets youth represent the whole of Newcastle not just one club! And I think all profits should be split between every club in the npl and newfm leagues if this happens!

Quote Originally Posted by monz6 View Post
    Jets playing at magic park?? What a joke!!! I would be outraged! The jets youth represent the whole of Newcastle not just one club! And I think all profits should be split between every club in the npl and newfm leagues if this happens!
    I was just putting out possible scenarios.
    Jets seem to play all their NYL and W League games out of magic park now so would make sense to make that a bit of a base for them to play NPL from.
    You could also mount an argument for the Jets to share Macquarie Field with Lakes as it is next door to NNSWF and the training facilities used by the merging jets and wleague.

As for the grant money, my point would be that it would go to the ground not the club - hence all clubs would benefit from improved facilities not line the pockets of clubs so they could pay more money for players.