Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 NBN and NEW FM Rumours and player movements thread

Quote Originally Posted by EH9 View Post
    Fogarty hasn't gone to Lambton to be the 23's keeper
    Why? he wasnt first choice any where else. needs to prove himself in my opinion.

Fogarty isnt at Lambton anyway
    He was no longer wanted by the club.

My mail is that the Lambton 1st grade keeper wasnt sure he could commit next year due to work circumstances, so they signed Fogarty, but then their keeper sorted out with his work that he can. He is their 1st choice, niot sure if that was explained to fogarty which is why he is not now involved, but Fogarty is not at Lambton.

From what I have heard he is a top notch keeper (lambtons keeper last year)

demon
    West Wallsend have lost David McPherson having been lured to Edgie (regrettably I think he would have seen more first grade by staying at WW than will at Edgie though I feel). While he is not the only player I am yet hear confirmation on any others 'lost' (I think there may have been a player or two the club had decided not to re-sign).

On the flip side Westy have signed Mark Shalimov from Toronto are are beginning to see one of two other faces from 1st Grade last season at least have a kick and see what is happening there.

Shalimov is 47 years old, surely their kidding

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Shalimov is 47 years old, surely their kidding
    Age shall not weary us...

Quote Originally Posted by demon View Post
    West Wallsend have lost David McPherson having been lured to Edgie (regrettably I think he would have seen more first grade by staying at WW than will at Edgie though I feel). While he is not the only player I am yet hear confirmation on any others 'lost' (I think there may have been a player or two the club had decided not to re-sign).

On the flip side Westy have signed Mark Shalimov from Toronto are are beginning to see one of two other faces from 1st Grade last season at least have a kick and see what is happening there.
    Peter McPherson? He will play first grade wherever he signs up.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Wise Man View Post
    Why? he wasnt first choice any where else. needs to prove himself in my opinion.

Fogarty isnt at Lambton anyway
    He was no longer wanted by the club.

My mail is that the Lambton 1st grade keeper wasnt sure he could commit next year due to work circumstances, so they signed Fogarty, but then their keeper sorted out with his work that he can. He is their 1st choice, niot sure if that was explained to fogarty which is why he is not now involved, but Fogarty is not at Lambton.

From what I have heard he is a top notch keeper (lambtons keeper last year)
    I stand corrected, thanks for the update.

Peter McPherson? He will play first grade wherever he signs up.
    He is talking about youngDavid Macpherson, played 1st grade at Westy last year, but probably needs a good season in 23s, has heaps of potential to b a good first grader IMO

He is talking about youngDavid Macpherson, played 1st grade at Westy last year, but probably needs a good season in 23s, has heaps of potential to b a good first grader IMO

Dave Mcpherson is a very very good young player, was at the stags 19s in 2010, was offered a senior contract by baillie in 2011, but wanted to play " First Grade " with the whole 19s squad, so they all went to Morissett.

Good to see common sense has prevailed, and these kids are now filtering through NBN separately, two years wasted sticking together in my opinion.D.Mcpherson is a good kid to go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by nbnjet View Post
    Age shall not weary us...
    Lest we Forget !!!!!

demon
    They have a very good young keeper in their ranks, young and qualifed for 19's last year but hardly played that low down the grades. Shalimov being their could be as much as having an experienced mind their to help train and mentor the young fella.

I have heard from my friend who has a son in the jaffas 17s that they have signed the following players;
    There is only 3 I know of that have been confirmed and been training;

Johnny Maj
    Abe Wheelhouse
    Tommy Smart

APparently they have kept their full team from this year apart from Mason Palmieri who doesnt want to play football anymore (waste of talent??)
    Not sure if anyone else knows of any others??

I also heard that Lakes have signed the Walker brothers from Olympic.

Thats at least 3 players left from the starting 11 in Olympics grand final tea, Maj, Tom Walker and Austin retired.
    Can confirm olympic have lost 5 players from their grand final squad.
    Jonh Maj - jaffas
    Mat Austin - retired
    Joel Witherdin - melbourne
    Walker brothers - lakes
    From reports have gained kyle hodges and swan twins.Have also heard the walker brothers had actually re-signed with olympic back in september,after the grand final,but informed the club two weeks ago that they would not be honouring their agreements with olympic and were signing for lakes on better deals.What are peoples thoughts on this?Should players who are getting paid good money these days,be allowed just to walk away from clubs whenever they want after already signing agreements and then reneging on them?

If I recall correctly, 2 years ago? Back when Gazzard left Olympic mid season for Southy. Somebody else at Olympic wanted to leave, but Olympic refused to let them go play for another club (fair enough).

Do player contracts mean anything? Can clubs choose to hold players to their contracts?

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    If I recall correctly, 2 years ago? Back when Gazzard left Olympic mid season for Southy. Somebody else at Olympic wanted to leave, but Olympic refused to let them go play for another club (fair enough).

Do player contracts mean anything? Can clubs choose to hold players to their contracts?
    I dont know what player you speak about brem,but this couldnt be the case.As it currently stands a club cannot stop any player from leaving.Even if a club wanted said player to stay,the player only has to sign a rego form with another club and 7 days after this he is a free player.So if for example lakes gave a player a 1500 sign on fee and then that player wanted to leave after round 3,lakes cannot stop him after the 7 days and even though thye paid him a sign on fee for the season the player can just keep it and leave and there is nothing the clubcan do.My point was more what did people think of players being able to sign agreements with one club and then just change their mind and sign with someone else? then again i suppose it happens all the time nowadays

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
    I dont know what player you speak about brem,but this couldnt be the case.As it currently stands a club cannot stop any player from leaving.Even if a club wanted said player to stay,the player only has to sign a rego form with another club and 7 days after this he is a free player.So if for example lakes gave a player a 1500 sign on fee and then that player wanted to leave after round 3,lakes cannot stop him after the 7 days and even though thye paid him a sign on fee for the season the player can just keep it and leave and there is nothing the clubcan do.My point was more what did people think of players being able to sign agreements with one club and then just change their mind and sign with someone else? then again i suppose it happens all the time nowadays
    Yeh, i can't remember the player's name anyway. That's just what i read, i think it was on here (heaps reliable) or in the Herald. :S Oh well.

I think something has to change. Even a transfer fee type reimbursement from the club after the player. Once you play the first game of the season, that should be where you stay, unless the club and player choose to mutually terminate the contract.

players can come and go as they please, its up to each club to trust them, if clubs form a good development program and have a coach who can bring them through to first grade they shouldn't need to chase 5 to 6 players every year, lakes seem to have an entire new squad most years, which says it all about their approach to football, some clubs have up to 7 new players each year, is this because some coaches are not as good as they seem as their squad would be easily coached, I dont know but if I was a coach I would be looking for a challenge each year to see how I was rated as a coach, this is why players change clubs regularly, the coach needs them to make him look good and the player loves the overs they are paid

Players are free to move wherever and whenever they like because they are not signing contracts. IF clubs took the gamble and decided to put their players on contracts then they would be tied to that club for its duration. The risk is that the player has to be paid $100 min per week every week of the contracts duration. Thus clubs sign players to agreements and as in our work lives if someone comes along and offers us better conditions for the same work alot of people will take up that offer.

Are you familiar with Lakes Football Philosophy, ForeverRed?

Wannabe, not many clubs can claim the moral high ground in terms of approaching and signing players who have signed agreements with other clubs.

Players are free to move wherever and whenever they like because they are not signing contracts. IF clubs took the gamble and decided to put their players on contracts then they would be tied to that club for its duration. The risk is that the player has to be paid $100 min per week every week of the contracts duration. Thus clubs sign players to agreements and as in our work lives if someone comes along and offers us better conditions for the same work alot of people will take up that offer.

Are you familiar with Lakes Football Philosophy, ForeverRed?

Wannabe, not many clubs can claim the moral high ground in terms of approaching and signing players who have signed agreements with other clubs.
    well said!!
    Contracts are no more.
    Maybe Northern should bring in a rule that once you have played your first comp game for that club,or maybe give players to round 4 at max.
    The current cut off is june 30, half the year is aleady over.
    Last edited by cobra23; 28-11-2012 at 12:40 AM.

demon
    June 30 has always seemed excessive to me (and I will put my hand up here and say I have used it, well the 29th June actually, to transfer between clubs many yearsd ago).

Leave new registrations as that for people who move areas etc but from one club to another? But transferring (or deregistering and reregistering as they now force players to do in ID and Juniors) really does not need to be that late into a season. It would be a very interesting survey for Northern to look into over the last 4-5 seasons... how many players moved clubs after round 1 and ask they why?

My prediction for the top two reasons: 1) Not playing X grade as coach said I would be and 2) Money

Contracts are a handshake agreement between the club and the player, a gentlemans agreement nothing more.

Im not sure if this is still the case, but you use to be able to register the contract with northern nsw and this was a binding contract, but it was too costly so no clubs did it.

demon
    Contracts are a handshake agreement between the club and the player, a gentlemans agreement nothing more.

Im not sure if this is still the case, but you use to be able to register the contract with northern nsw and this was a binding contract, but it was too costly so no clubs did it.
    I was told by Northern they no longer accept or acknowledge the contracts, that all players are considered amatuers until A-League level.