Page 91 of 112 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 2222

Thread: 2013 NBN State League Thread

Quote Originally Posted by De-Champ View Post
    Agree with you...at last someone talking sense
    Can some one tell me why is it that a few years a go they won a heap of gf's
    15a, 17a, colts, 19's maybe more not sure but a real good effort considering how you always see magic and Olympic up there in the last game of the year.
    Now looking at points table there all last, not just 1st grade last all of of em.
    The other thing why didn't all the gf's wins convert to 23's and 1st grade being stronger a few years on.
    Something wrong out there.

Quote Originally Posted by punter View Post
    Can some one tell me why is it that a few years a go they won a heap of gf's
    15a, 17a, colts, 19's maybe more not sure but a real good effort considering how you always see magic and Olympic up there in the last game of the year.
    Now looking at points table there all last, not just 1st grade last all of of em.
    The other thing why didn't all the gf's wins convert to 23's and 1st grade being stronger a few years on.
    Something wrong out there.
    Was 2011 when this happened which means players are between 17-21. I would guess when not given the opportunity or coach/committee decision to not offer them return guarantee they moved on. I think 7 or 8 of the Colts squad from that year are at Southy from earlier posts with a few playing 23's and firsts for other clubs. Has to go back to the way sides are chosen as to why they did not progress at Valo. Whole selection committee need a good look at. Perhaps in NewFM they will build from their juniors instead of imports.

Tonights game Olympic /Charlestown 4 all

Lakes 1 Edgy 0

Quote Originally Posted by backstick View Post
    Lakes 1 Edgy 0
    WTF? Bye bye VPFC

Quote Originally Posted by newie4eva View Post
    The way I see it the NBN side of the club has had a Phoenix approach (soley NBN focused) not a Valentine one of having a genuine pathway from u6's through to 1st grade. In other words the NBN football doesn't seem to be there for the huge number of local kids that they have but are there for whoever would like to play NBN for them from anywhere (my son is a player that joined from outside of their club thus over stepping a local product and I have watched many others do it as well). It seems to have really peaked this year with all the Central Coast players recruited. I don't feel its just the coaches fault, if the club allows it to occur then they own the problem as well.

They seem to have lost many good young players over the last couple of years instead of them coming through from the really good youth teams they have had. There are a lot of good young players at other clubs at present. When these kids were first selected they would have all been over the moon and proud with dreams of playing 1st grade one day for Valentine.

When clubs bring a heap of new players into the top team from outside the club then it usually disillusions the kids and they then seek opportunities elsewhere.

I believe the club needs to drop their focus on the current "being in the NBN no matter what" attitude and be willing to drop down to Newfm (if it occurs) and become a truly Valentine club. Do it for all their kids and youth and then 'work towards' a future in the top league as this truly Valentine club giving all their kids a real home club team to aspire to and have it based somewhere in their area as Cahill Oval is not only a shocker but how can the kids possibly see it as a home for their senior teams.
    from what i can gather....Valo have been a large Junior club since the 70's. They had a mobile commitee that wanted an NBN team representing Valo. Pheonix gave them that opportunity. It seems (imo) that as the team was never built on juniors or earning their spot in the top flight they may remain relatively detatched from junior priority. Southy on the other hand battled their way through the divisions with many locals. Even though they still import players coaches etc they achieved their spot through local identity and the bond somewhat remains.
    Last edited by hawk; 24-07-2013 at 11:56 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by outsider View Post
    Can anyone really think that Newcastle Council is going to install an artificial pitch at Edden Oval?
    From what I heard from someone at Sydney Utd aka Sydney Croatia in the NSW State League they put artificial on Edensor Park this year for approx 500k > 750k

Quote Originally Posted by backstick View Post
    Lakes 1 Edgy 0
    I seen the everything bar the first 15 minutes and it was a close game with Edgeworth holding msot of the ball but unable to break through a strong Lakes defense. Lakes looked dangerous on the counter and probably should've had a penalty mid way through the first half. Edgeworth went close when they hit the post towards the end of the half. The 2nd half was much the same with Lakes soaking up the pressure and looking dangerous on the counter. Mooney (?? I think) scored a great longe range strike which swerved all over the place leaving Edgy keeper with no chance.

Another point from the match was the free-kick count which seemed to significantly go in Edgeworths favour. Perhaps the young referee was intimidated by Edgy's reputations?

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    From what I heard from someone at Sydney Utd aka Sydney Croatia in the NSW State League they put artificial on Edensor Park this year for approx 500k > 750k
    Reports I've read said they spent $2mil on their facilities, how much of that $2mil was spent on the pitch I don't know. Soon as the contractors see its a Council/Government funded project you would imagine they throw on a couple extra 0's
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Reports I've read said they spent $2mil on their facilities, how much of that $2mil was spent on the pitch I don't know. Soon as the contractors see its a Council/Government funded project you would imagine they throw on a couple extra 0's
    What have the Jaffas contributed out of their own pocket to ease the financial burden on NCC for the care and maintenance of Arthur Eden to warrant them being gifted a Synthetic pitch? This does not make sense.

Great news i reckon, with next years NBN going to have Broadmeadow, Olympic, Lambton and Adamstown all within stones throw of each other, will be some interesting derbys.

Hope magic dont get upset that someone has beaten them to the punch and look like getting synthetic, some focus may be taken off there super standard wanderers oval.

Good to see theres some new kids on the block...

Quote Originally Posted by Youaskedforit View Post
    Great news i reckon, with next years NBN going to have Broadmeadow, Olympic, Lambton and Adamstown all within stones throw of each other, will be some interesting derbys.

Hope magic dont get upset that someone has beaten them to the punch and look like getting synthetic, some focus may be taken off there super standard wanderers oval.

Why have synthetic when you have a great surface as is? Nah just joking, I won't fish for bites straight after my ban has ended Good luck to Jafas. If you can get something for nothing then why not make the most of it and accept the offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Youaskedforit View Post

Makes sense having so many teams so close together if you ask me. If they all draw their own sustainable crowds and are run professionally then why shouldn't they be in the comp. Makes no sense including teams from far out if they are only in there as part of some big inclusive plan that dilutes the competition and is not sustainable.

Great for derbys. As for Magic were they planning a synthetic pitch? I thought their ground was impressive as is.

Also, Edgeworths facilities are looking great. 2 new large grand stands, pathing around the grand stands, improved and expanded 'eagles nest', playing surface as good as olympic/ magics..

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Why have synthetic when you have a great surface as is? Nah just joking, I won't fish for bites straight after my ban has ended Good luck to Jafas. If you can get something for nothing then why not make the most of it and accept the offer.
    Welcome back zico,

4 days to late. could have been interesting to here your comments to forevered
    about last sundays flogging. ha ha

Cobra23, I still enjoyed it

Backstic, I take my hat off to Edgy for the work done so far but there is still a long way to go. The dressing sheds are in urgent need of work and the outer ground isn't the best including the bottom end behind the goals. I've got no doubt they will get their shit together before the 2014 GF.

Quote Originally Posted by CStein View Post
    What have the Jaffas contributed out of their own pocket to ease the financial burden on NCC for the care and maintenance of Arthur Eden to warrant them being gifted a Synthetic pitch? This does not make sense.
    There we go, welcome back to CStein and his Jihad against the Jaffas.

In answer to your question, maybe they asked NCC as the owners of the pitch for improvements to be made and that an artificial pitch could help them keep games on. Or the Jaffas, as the year long leasers, have offered to pay more rent etc. I don't believe Magic could do the same thing as they own their ground, instead of leasing it from the council.

In its most base form, I see it as no different from someone who is renting a house asking for improvements to be made.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post

In answer to your question, maybe they asked NCC as the owners of the pitch for improvements to be made and that an artificial pitch could help them keep games on. Or the Jaffas, as the year long leasers, have offered to pay more rent etc. I don't believe Magic could do the same thing as they own their ground, instead of leasing it from the council.

In its most base form, I see it as no different from someone who is renting a house asking for improvements to be made.
    Magic have a long lease on their facilities, don't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post

I think your mistaken in my assessment of this. My point is i dont believe that any club or group should be entitled to benefits without putting in some hard yards themselves. This is true of Jaffas, Magic, Edgy, or any other team in any of our competitions. Take Thornton Red Backs for example, they deserve to be assisted in their facility as they have rolled up their sleeves and put into their facility, fencing, painting, etc. South Cardiff with the right honourable Forever Red should be a prime candidate for assistance at their ground. For all of the one sided or cock eyed bias, we should agree that they indeed improved their facility by draining the field and building a second seating area (yes chicken coop, but only in good humour). You see even Adamstown contributed to the training area behind the ground, and as has been criticised by many for a club that has been at the same facility for over 100 years such very little progress, but at least they are trying. Hamilton mow and generally take care of the field. Edgy hats off have tried so hard to get their facility to the next level and are making sound progress, by and large from their own pockets.

Its not a Jaffa bashing exercise, it just seems to hit a raw nerve with Jaf Jafs because maybe it holds true to the fact that they have contributed very little to the facility. Grandstand and facility built and funded totally by NCC. Drainage upgrade to the field NCC. Capping natural springs, storage, and watering systems NCC. Fields upgrades and Lighting for outer grounds (behind Lambton High) State Gov / NCC. Fertiliser for the Field, a pallet a year provided by Newcastle Football. Ground mowing and care NCC.

I can recall when league and union grounds had permanent facility caretakers, and still happens today, looking after their facilities and cleaning, preparing, doing beyond and above the NCC scope of works. You see i see that as unfair to our code and just as that is not right, it is not right that we give handouts for zero effort. Simple as that.

Talked to TigerTurf today who are one of the two FIFA preferred world wide FIFA 2 level surface suppliers ( they manufacture in Australia).

Budget numbers:
    $100 per sq m, earth works, installation, everything. So for 106 x 76m, $800,000.
    If the club can supply the prepared compacted base, $40 per sq m. So only $320,000.