Page 46 of 56 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 NEW FM League Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    You are so delusional look at Barnsley 3 seasons ago they were ZL2 their not struggling with the so called weaker teams are they?
    On the other end of the spectrum look what happened to Beresfield a team playing in NewFM and when they were dropped they became a mid table ZL1 side even Dudley stuggled at first with ZPL a few years back. I know of a Bloke that's getting a run in Thornton 1st/res grade and last year was in Barnsleys 3rd grade maybe if you got of your high horse and watched some of the football getting played in the Zone Leagues you might change your mind.
    Adamstown, Matiland & BelSwans > ZPL the others don't kid yourself hell Singelton would be a midtable ZL2 club
    The truth hurts some peoples egos...
    Look at your own suburbs team, could punch way above where they are now. Just another example!
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    You should get out and watch some ZPL... Cooks Hill would probably beat these teams in all 3 grades, Uni probably would too.
    Then teams like Dudley, Barnsley and Mayfield would go close with the squads they have!
    Most of dudley played for Charlestown, most of Barnsley played for Westy and apparently most of Mayfield played for Lambton (im not 100% on that one)
    Hardest part is that ZPL 3rd grade is u/23's... they would have to get a fair few kids in.
    Purely 1st grade, i think some ZPL teams would beat these teams.

Westy picked up a few boys that went back there after being at Barnsley, didn't make em much better.
    The boys from Charlestown to dudley were lower grade players as were the boys from Lambton to mayfield. I heard cooks hill were ok but never seen em.
    My original point was that Even if these teams were a little better or around the same it wouldn't make the comp better.
    By adding 5 teams in there of equal quality as bel swans than that's the only way the comp would be better.
    We might have to find 4 teams as good as magic as well to make NBN better, get rid of the jets, valo, lakes and Charlestown.
    Promotion and relegation is the only way to reward a team that won the comp and if ya last down you go, this way cooks hill, Barnsley, uni etc know what they need to do to go up.
    What ever you do you will never have a comp that is fully Even, NEVER.
    Is the premier league Even?
    Is the A league Even?
    As I'm not on any competitions side I do feel for sides like cooks hill that want to go up, but take ya fight up with northern, stop bagging the clubs who are there.

Quote Originally Posted by punter View Post
    Westy picked up a few boys that went back there after being at Barnsley, didn't make em much better.
    The boys from Charlestown to dudley were lower grade players as were the boys from Lambton to mayfield. I heard cooks hill were ok but never seen em.
    My original point was that Even if these teams were a little better or around the same it wouldn't make the comp better.
    By adding 5 teams in there of equal quality as bel swans than that's the only way the comp would be better.
    We might have to find 4 teams as good as magic as well to make NBN better, get rid of the jets, valo, lakes and Charlestown.
    Promotion and relegation is the only way to reward a team that won the comp and if ya last down you go, this way cooks hill, Barnsley, uni etc know what they need to do to go up.
    What ever you do you will never have a comp that is fully Even, NEVER.
    Is the premier league Even?
    Is the A league Even?
    As I'm not on any competitions side I do feel for sides like cooks hill that want to go up, but take ya fight up with northern, stop bagging the clubs who are there.
    Some very fair points there! No league is even.
    It is about trying to make football better quality in each division...
    I agree just straight up promotion and relegation is the way to go to make any competition stronger. Surely it would pretty much even out, the teams with the best facilities and such would work there way to the top, as the would have the money to do so.

Thornton V Adamstown tonight , but does not kick off till 8pm !!! I always think its better for the crowd if 1st grade play before 23s or 19s on catch up games as it can often lead to more people going along to the match.

Still big night for the buds so the scarf and coat at the ready and off to Thornton we go.... i might even treat the wife to a night out.. Anyone recommend any nice pubs or restaurants to eat Thornton way ?

No emotions, i am not connected to any club. I watch games each weekend from NBN to Newfm to ZPL.... and in my opinion these
    clubs could beat the Newfm teams.
    Its much the same as saying Adamstown could beat Lake Macquarie or Pheonix... Which they probably would!

If my opinion upsets you, suck it up!
    Except of course Lakes have already beaten Adamstown this year...

Quote Originally Posted by backstick View Post
    Except of course Lakes have already beaten Adamstown this year...
    Hahaha ahhh...

Quote Originally Posted by Keep the long balls short View Post
    Thornton V Adamstown tonight , but does not kick off till 8pm !!! I always think its better for the crowd if 1st grade play before 23s or 19s on catch up games as it can often lead to more people going along to the match.

Still big night for the buds so the scarf and coat at the ready and off to Thornton we go.... i might even treat the wife to a night out.. Anyone recommend any nice pubs or restaurants to eat Thornton way ?
    Hexham Mcdonalds

No emotions, i am not connected to any club. I watch games each weekend from NBN to Newfm to ZPL.... and in my opinion these
    clubs could beat the Newfm teams.
    Its much the same as saying Adamstown could beat Lake Macquarie or Pheonix... Which they probably would!

If my opinion upsets you, suck it up!
    I said consistently beat.... any team can win a one off game. By the way there is a big difference in watching teams and thinking they can beat teams and playing and beating.
    You speak about Dudley....they were in New FM a few years ago ....where did they come again.
    I don't doubt that the teams you mentioned could beat Singleton etc.., but would they finish the comp in any better position than Singleton

Quote Originally Posted by De-Champ View Post
    I said consistently beat.... any team can win a one off game. By the way there is a big difference in watching teams and thinking they can beat teams and playing and beating.
    You speak about Dudley....they were in New FM a few years ago ....where did they come again.
    I don't doubt that the teams you mentioned could beat Singleton etc.., but would they finish the comp in any better position than Singleton
    So if a team was to go through a season and lose most games say 1-0, 2-1, 3-1 or something... you would say the league is the same quality as if it had a team getting beaten 11-0?

I honestly do no believe that Adamstown would beat pretty much any ZPL team by that margin. Yes they would probably still win and the table may be similar to now, but would the standard be better?

Dudley was a few years ago, i am unsure of how they went... it has nothing to do with my point that i think they or others (more so cooks hill and uni) would be a bigger challenge than a team like singo this year.

Don't forget there are some quality players running around in these teams out of the top 4 its just unfortunate 2 or 3 players don't make up for the rest of the team.
    ive seen maitland play singleton a few times and by no means do some of the results they are on the receiving end of reflect on how capable they are. id imagine as the season kicks on for them the motivation drops and the scorelines rise as they find themselves stuck at the bottom of the table.
    this would be the same across most divisions id imagine.

but hey we still see 4 or 5 goal results still in NBN so what do you say there.

regardless of teams coming in or out ur still gonna see the big split between top 3 or 4 teams its just the way it is and has been now for a number of years

money talks to much to most players these days so the clubs with the money to spend usually get the players and results

if you were Adamstown with the players you have you would be dissapointed not to be scoring 5+ against most teams

iirc there was a 16-1 scoreline in the newfm last year

i believe that team is now up in the top 2 of NBN

Money to spend = Players = Results (most of the time)
    Little money = average squads = average results

i don't see this changing in the near future

cheers

So if a team was to go through a season and lose most games say 1-0, 2-1, 3-1 or something... you would say the league is the same quality as if it had a team getting beaten 11-0?

I honestly do no believe that Adamstown would beat pretty much any ZPL team by that margin. Yes they would probably still win and the table may be similar to now, but would the standard be better?

Dudley was a few years ago, i am unsure of how they went... it has nothing to do with my point that i think they or others (more so cooks hill and uni) would be a bigger challenge than a team like singo this year.
    Is not that all subjective though.
    Team A gets beat 1-0 but was never in the game
    Team B gets beat 6-2 but was a close game
    which was the better game? better standard?
    You seem to be judging teams by scores

I'm not going to stop trying until I see you smile Mitchy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    You are so delusional look at Barnsley 3 seasons ago they were ZL2 their not struggling with the so called weaker teams are they?
    On the other end of the spectrum look what happened to Beresfield a team playing in NewFM and when they were dropped they became a mid table ZL1 side even Dudley stuggled at first with ZPL a few years back. I know of a Bloke that's getting a run in Thornton 1st/res grade and last year was in Barnsleys 3rd grade maybe if you got of your high horse and watched some of the football getting played in the Zone Leagues you might change your mind.
    Adamstown, Matiland & BelSwans > ZPL the others don't kid yourself hell Singelton would be a midtable ZL2 club

No pubs in Thornton

Head to Beresfield bottle barn (tavern).

Quality food there
    Novocastria Youth

If you like Chinese food there is good shop right next to the ground in the shopping centre there

Quote Originally Posted by De-Champ View Post
    Is not that all subjective though.
    Team A gets beat 1-0 but was never in the game
    Team B gets beat 6-2 but was a close game
    which was the better game? better standard?
    You seem to be judging teams by scores
    So you saying 11-0 but singo were in the game?

Adamstown 6 -0 Thornton

Quote Originally Posted by sutho View Post
    Adamstown 6 -0 Thornton
    Ohhh a close one....

17 goals to nil for Atown in 4 days, I think they might win the comp

My first comments on the game are ...what on earth has happened to the pitch ? it was terrible and when I say terrible I dont mean as in just poor for this time of year. It truly was shocking and verging on dangerous for both sets of players.

Another good night for the buds and takes us one step closer to NBN football and I really cant see how we can throw it away from this position although never say never in football !! I thought all things considered it was a very easy night for Adamstown although fair credit to thornton who never gave up and work right to the final whistle.

Sunday against maitland will be interesting and in all honesty I cannot see maitland being able to handle Chappys team in their current form as they look likely to score with every attack at the moment and judging by last nights selection they have 2 or 3 players who will start and who did not last night and add more depth to that team that team.

Finally a big well done to the young 23s Adamstown team who collect the 3pts with a very hard game and the 0-2 scoreline was a tad harsh on thornton 23s who i thought played very well and merited something out the game.

This now sets up a cracker in the 23s comp as well up at Maitland on Sunday as I think the win takes Adamstown back to the top of the table with 2 games to go.
    Last edited by Keep the long balls short; 01-08-2013 at 10:17 AM.

My first comments on the game are ...what on earth has happened to the pitch ? it was terrible and when I say terrible I dont mean as in just poor for this time of year. It truly was shocking and verging on dangerous for both sets of players.

Another good night for the buds and takes us one step closer to NBN football and I really cant see how we can throw it away from this position although never say never in football !! I thought all things considered it was a very easy night for Adamstown although fair credit to thornton who never gave up and work right to the final whistle.

Sunday against maitland will be interesting and in all honesty I cannot see maitland being able to handle Chappys team in their current form as they look likely to score with every attack at the moment and judging by last nights selection they have 2 or 3 players who will start and who did not last night and add more depth to that team that team.

Finally a big well done to the young 23s Adamstown team who collect the 3pts with a very hard game and the 0-2 scoreline was a tad harsh on thornton 23s who i thought played very well and merited something out the game.

This now sets up a cracker in the 23s comp as well up at Maitland on Sunday as I think the win takes Adamstown back to the top of the table with 2 games to go.
    Maitland can not win it from here. Lets just hope they go to a 12 team comp and Maitland will be included.

Quote Originally Posted by JCBT View Post
    Maitland can not win it from here. Lets just hope they go to a 12 team comp and Maitland will be included.
    I believe they can my friend .. Adamstown are only 5pts clear and there are still 2 rounds of Football to play !!

Do I think they can ..NO , but they still themselves have to believe they can otherwise no point them even turning up at the weekend.