PDA

View Full Version : 2023 Zone Premier League

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Oldy
17-02-2023, 08:02 PM
greasy poachers at it again :rof: :rof:

Croats might take the grub club trophy this year and the season hasnt even started. Imagine the scenes!

ps hope you can hack the banter

riverboy
17-02-2023, 08:10 PM
Sounds like you might know what’s going on Riverboy. I figure if a player is playing trials with a club they have chosen to go there for reasons. Coming to a trial that your no involved in to offer player position in a division below doesn’t pass the pub test. If they wanted to play in the lower division they would have turned up there for preseason.

Just go down football 5's mate, that's where you hear all the rumours.

VelkiKurac
17-02-2023, 08:28 PM
What I love is all you blokes want to discuss Croatia instead of actually talking about your own clubs. That must be saying something about your own clubs.

Luka Boban
17-02-2023, 08:42 PM
greasy poachers at it again :rof: :rof:

Croats might take the grub club trophy this year and the season hasnt even started. Imagine the scenes!

ps hope you can hack the banter
Lol wasn't aware there was a trophy for the "grub club".
I recall it wasn't so long ago that Azzurri riled up a lot of people for various reasons now it seems to be Croatia. It's like a club with a but of aspiration, a bit of drive comes along in this region doing things differently from the usual bland unimaginative clubs and some people just can't handle it and want to resort to spreading rumours and now even name calling.
Yeah we can hack the banter but we'll do our talking on the Football pitch where it matters more than what any keyboard warrior thinks.

Hajduk
17-02-2023, 08:58 PM
So your trying to say 2 or 3 Cardiff blokes rang the Croatia coach to say come and watch us play because we would like to join your club because you have an amazing nucleus of quality players (that we don’t pay). That is laughable.
Players do swap clubs, usually before preseason and not after a coach makes a special effort to go to a trial game then after the game hit up 2-3 players about swapping.
Come to our game tomorrow, and I personally will show you messages and see who chased who, we have been going to Cardiff games all the time to watch, as I personally was a player there and like the club.

Oldy
17-02-2023, 09:10 PM
Lol wasn't aware there was a trophy for the "grub club".
I recall it wasn't so long ago that Azzurri riled up a lot of people for various reasons now it seems to be Croatia. It's like a club with a but of aspiration, a bit of drive comes along in this region doing things differently from the usual bland unimaginative clubs and some people just can't handle it and want to resort to spreading rumours and now even name calling.
Yeah we can hack the banter but we'll do our talking on the Football pitch where it matters more than what any keyboard warrior thinks.

keyboard warrior? hahaha cant hack the bantz. You have nuffin

check out Boban

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/AbandonedIllegalFairyfly-size_restricted.gif

VelkiKurac
17-02-2023, 10:18 PM
Come to our game tomorrow, and I personally will show you messages and see who chased who, we have been going to Cardiff games all the time to watch, as I personally was a player there and like the club.

The truth doesn’t suit their agenda.

magician
18-02-2023, 08:02 AM
What I love is all you blokes want to discuss Croatia instead of actually talking about your own clubs. That must be saying something about your own clubs.

How about you take your talk to your own thread. No business in this one. As you keep saying you do your talking on the pitch. With a cashed up team last year you couldn’t even finish top. That must of hurt.

Luka Boban
18-02-2023, 09:11 AM
How about you take your talk to your own thread. No business in this one. As you keep saying you do your talking on the pitch. With a cashed up team last year you couldn’t even finish top. That must of hurt.
When clowns like yourself start spreading innuendo about the club with comments like "cashed up team" yes it is our business to call out this rubbish.
Won the GF in convincing fashion so the so-called "hurt" of not finishing top of the table was erased pretty quickly lol.

riverboy
18-02-2023, 09:48 AM
When clowns like yourself start spreading innuendo about the club with comments like "cashed up team" yes it is our business to call out this rubbish.
Won the GF in convincing fashion so the so-called "hurt" of not finishing top of the table was erased pretty quickly lol.

You won the lowest zone league competition that had Azzurri and Cardiff's 2nd or Reserve squads and a few teams from the valley. No big achievement. Word is you spent 40k to do it. Ridiculous........

How many players would be playing for Croatia if they didn't get paid?

Come up with the big boys in ZPL and see how you go. I know plenty of guys from different clubs that want to lighten a few egos.

VelkiKurac
18-02-2023, 11:03 AM
Hahahahahaahahaha
Hahahahhahahahaha

The Hacker
18-02-2023, 12:03 PM
You won the lowest zone league competition that had Azzurri and Cardiff's 2nd or Reserve squads and a few teams from the valley. No big achievement. Word is you spent 40k to do it. Ridiculous........

How many players would be playing for Croatia if they didn't get paid?

Come up with the big boys in ZPL and see how you go. I know plenty of guys from different clubs that want to lighten a few egos.

People would actually care less if they just went yep we pay some players. Considering most people have heard it from blokes that play there.
I think if they came up they would be more than competitive

WWFC25
18-02-2023, 05:48 PM
Anyone else make the silly decision to play a trial today??

jandysardine
18-02-2023, 06:22 PM

I heard azzurri were playing medowie

FairPlay2022
18-02-2023, 07:29 PM

Warners Bay vs Cooks Hill

1sts 4-0
Ressies 1-0

UniMen
18-02-2023, 07:36 PM

Canned ours 30 minutes into the first game… well over the 34° limit

Hurricane
19-02-2023, 09:34 PM
Dudley 4 Kahibah 0

The Hacker
19-02-2023, 09:43 PM
Dudley 4 Kahibah 0

Not a result Kahibah need the week before the comp. Were Kahibah missing people or Dudley just to hood

Hunter403
19-02-2023, 09:47 PM
Dudley would beat a lot of current NPL sides with their lineup.

The Hacker
19-02-2023, 10:41 PM

That’s maybe a stretch. I think Adamstown, Lakes and Valo maybe

ha'way the lads
20-02-2023, 01:41 PM
Anyone have info on the subs/interchange rules for this year? As in, is 3rd grade staying as is? Are we still 3 subs in first/res grade or is there talk of moving to 5?

Lofty
20-02-2023, 02:49 PM
Anyone have info on the subs/interchange rules for this year? As in, is 3rd grade staying as is? Are we still 3 subs in first/res grade or is there talk of moving to 5?

It's a standard Fifa rule now. They have 5 subs in NPL. My assumption would be that this applies to zone football now. However, this is Newcastle Football. They're more worried about people wearing cut off white socks during the finals series than substitution rules.

The Hacker
20-02-2023, 04:38 PM
It's a standard Fifa rule now. They have 5 subs in NPL. My assumption would be that this applies to zone football now. However, this is Newcastle Football. They're more worried about people wearing cut off white socks during the finals series than substitution rules.

When watching the Grand Final of third grade last year people tried to say you can make a sub in the last 10min of a game. Surely that’s not an actual rule. What if someone gets a concussion or a broken leg or was that not considered

ha'way the lads
20-02-2023, 04:46 PM
When watching the Grand Final of third grade last year people tried to say you can make a sub in the last 10min of a game. Surely that’s not an actual rule. What if someone gets a concussion or a broken leg or was that not considered

If you meant to say can't make a sub in the last 10 mins, then yes that was the rule last year. I don't know if clubs had a say in that, but my understanding was that it was to avoid clubs doing 'time wasting' subs. Let's wait and see hey Lofty, does Newcastle Football go against FIFA....

The Hacker
20-02-2023, 05:43 PM
If you meant to say can't make a sub in the last 10 mins, then yes that was the rule last year. I don't know if clubs had a say in that, but my understanding was that it was to avoid clubs doing 'time wasting' subs. Let's wait and see hey Lofty, does Newcastle Football go against FIFA....

You should be only one stoppage in the last 10min

Lofty
21-02-2023, 10:16 AM

I thought that was only third grade?

idontwannaplaywithhowey
21-02-2023, 11:41 AM

It was an incredibly weird and frustrating rule that was agreed to by the clubs at a Newcastle Football meeting.
Hopefully we all make a different decision this year.

ExWhistleMan
21-02-2023, 02:59 PM
Just curious what people think is a sensible rule here? I've seen first hand may teams make changes at every stoppage when they are in front in the dying minutes of a do-or-die match.

Jardelsimage
21-02-2023, 03:35 PM
Just curious what people think is a sensible rule here? I've seen first hand may teams make changes at every stoppage when they are in front in the dying minutes of a do-or-die match.

Give 3rds, 4 subs and go back to normal subs, once your off, your off, no interchange, stops the rorts straight away.

Lofty
21-02-2023, 03:43 PM
Give 3rds, 4 subs and go back to normal subs, once your off, your off, no interchange, stops the rorts straight away.

I think you can just adapt the new 5-man subsitute rule across all grades.

5 subs, 3 windows plus HT. Pretty simple.

The Hacker
21-02-2023, 03:47 PM

Agree with this

Lofty
21-02-2023, 04:10 PM
Agree with this

I'm starting to get really used to you agreeing with me instead of hating on me these days haha

Zonal Marking
21-02-2023, 04:37 PM

One of the most sensible things said on this forum. Therefore I expect it to be dismissed immediately.

The Hacker
21-02-2023, 05:03 PM
I'm starting to get really used to you agreeing with me instead of hating on me these days haha

I’m all for common sense prevailing even if the idea comes from the Suns side of the fence. We will disagree soon enough once the season starts ha

W8 WATCHER
22-02-2023, 11:22 AM

very interesting comment.

every year you see these comments on how good ZPL is, and they don't rate the NL1 or NPL competitions, however when they can or when it happens they will state ZPL can beat most of them.
if this is the case, and instead of stacking pub teams in a pub competition. Why not step up and beat these teams week in week out in NL1 and NPL?

No doubt there is some good players in ZPL, but there is also super average ones as well, like in all competitions

Good Luck to all the teams in season 2023.

Lofty
22-02-2023, 11:47 AM
very interesting comment.

every year you see these comments on how good ZPL is, and they don't rate the NL1 or NPL competitions, however when they can or when it happens they will state ZPL can beat most of them.
if this is the case, and instead of stacking pub teams in a pub competition. Why not step up and beat these teams week in week out in NL1 and NPL?

No doubt there is some good players in ZPL, but there is also super average ones as well, like in all competitions

Good Luck to all the teams in season 2023.

And every year we have the same comments like yours.

The response doesn't change. Boys dont want to play at NPL level and commit to that. ZPL has that magical balance of being a very competitve competion without the full on commitment that NPL requires which is also year on year becoming a younger league.
Not only that, but ZPL is a much great attraction to a lot of players due to it being a much more localised league. Very few out of town away games. Whereas NL1 has very few inner city clubs.

If you can't understand any of those reasons, then I can't help you and asking the same question every year isn't going to help either.

The Hacker
22-02-2023, 01:48 PM

The response doesn't change. Boys dont want to play at NPL level and commit to that. ZPL has that magical balance of being a very competitve competion without the full on commitment that NPL requires which is also year on year becoming a younger league.
Not only that, but ZPL is a much great attraction to a lot of players due to it being a much more localised league. Very few out of town away games. Whereas NL1 has very few inner city clubs.

If you can't understand any of those reasons, then I can't help you and asking the same question every year isn't going to help either.

I can’t believe I have to do this again but Lofty has it spot on in his description. Yes there are a few average teams but that’s in every comp. the team that finished last beat the team coming first. I think the top 4 would be a realistic chance of winning NL1. I think beating NPL teams is a stretch

Eastwest
22-02-2023, 03:47 PM
Where else can you see top class footy, nearly sit on the sideline, help break up the odd scuffle and hear all the one liners get thrown around whilst having a barby.

ZPL is life

ZLWB
22-02-2023, 03:59 PM

This is not how internet dialogue is supposed to work !!! Where’s the hate?

Jardelsimage
22-02-2023, 04:30 PM
This is not how internet dialogue is supposed to work !!! Where’s the hate?

:popcorn:

WWFC25
22-02-2023, 08:53 PM

Yeeeeaaahhh….. Localised :)

Lofty
22-02-2023, 09:03 PM
Yeeeeaaahhh….. Localised :)

You are our favourite holiday haha

anfield
22-02-2023, 11:41 PM
Big difference in fees paid I have been previously told. To put a squad into NL1 costs alot more money then putting a team into ZPL.

So unless your a chance of making it all the way to NPL is it worth paying thousands more??

Lofty
23-02-2023, 09:26 AM
Big difference in fees paid I have been previously told. To put a squad into NL1 costs alot more money then putting a team into ZPL.

So unless your a chance of making it all the way to NPL is it worth paying thousands more??

That's right. There's more to add also with more demand on the club to have volunteers, facilities requirements and so forth. I would have at a guess that there would likely be NL1 clubs that would prefer to be in ZPL.

anfield
23-02-2023, 10:49 AM
That's right. There's more to add also with more demand on the club to have volunteers, facilities requirements and so forth. I would have at a guess that there would likely be NL1 clubs that would prefer to be in ZPL.

I heard last year from someone that was heavily involved with a NL1 club about a plan from possibly 3 clubs to leave the competition.

This was due to huge fees and running junior teams.

Hunter403
23-02-2023, 01:34 PM
If ZL teams were allowed to enter the NL1 without the same requirement regarding youth teams, I think you would find some NL1 teams walking away from the comp.

W8 WATCHER
23-02-2023, 03:26 PM
If ZL teams were allowed to enter the NL1 without the same requirement regarding youth teams, I think you would find some NL1 teams walking away from the comp.

:roflz:

Kicktheball
23-02-2023, 03:39 PM
I have been told 2 Cardiff players have signed with Croatia, just weeks out from the start of the season.

Any further info to this?

Eastwest
23-02-2023, 03:57 PM
I have been told 2 Cardiff players have signed with Croatia, just weeks out from the start of the season.

How does Croatia do their eggs? Poached? :rof::rof:

IAS, it is the players choice.

Jardelsimage
23-02-2023, 04:01 PM

4 weeks out to be precise, and if you have been told it, then it must be true......

The Hacker
23-02-2023, 05:52 PM
4 weeks out to be precise, and if you have been told it, then it must be true......

How are numbers Jardel

reddevil17
23-02-2023, 07:40 PM

1 was playing there for them on the weekend so it makes sence…..

reddevil17
23-02-2023, 07:43 PM

Why would a zpl team go up?

No $ if side wins at weekend it’s constant $ out for not even a shot at promotion…..

VelkiKurac
23-02-2023, 10:12 PM

Don’t need youth teams anymore I’ve been told.

riverboy
23-02-2023, 11:56 PM
How does Croatia do their eggs? Poached? :rof::rof:

IAS, it is the players choice.

Just remember Croatia do there talking on the pitch. Meanwhile there stealing your player's on the sideline it appears......

Brown paper bags and all.

VelkiKurac
24-02-2023, 12:10 AM
Just remember Croatia do there talking on the pitch. Meanwhile there stealing your player's on the sideline it appears......

Once again throwing baseless accusations but it’s expected from you.

riverboy
24-02-2023, 12:37 AM
Once again throwing baseless accusations but it’s expected from you.

You play one of my old teams this year, so I will have to come watch. A little banter

VelkiKurac
24-02-2023, 12:46 AM
You play one of my old teams this year, so I will have to come watch. A little banter

Banter is always good lol - yeh come and grab cevap roll and beer and see for yourself what we are about.

riverboy
24-02-2023, 12:53 AM
Banter is always good lol - yeh come and grab cevap roll and beer and see for yourself what we are about.

I will when mayfield roll into town. To be honest, I have no idea what a cevap roll is?

Where do Croatia even play at?

VelkiKurac
24-02-2023, 01:08 AM
I will when mayfield roll into town. To be honest, I have no idea what a cevap roll is?

Where do Croatia even play at?

Google it haha

If i knew what ground we are playing at I would tell you. We applied for a few grounds and were denied by council. Could be Jesmond Park or Pasadena again.

prawnhead
24-02-2023, 08:36 AM
Google it haha

If i knew what ground we are playing at I would tell you. We applied for a few grounds and were denied by council. Could be Jesmond Park or Pasadena again.

Next they’ll be calling you Gypsies VK.

reddevil17
24-02-2023, 10:14 AM

Do talking after games on sidelines offering ridiculous $ to players is what I’m hearing…..

ForeverRed
24-02-2023, 10:20 AM
Can I get a pie though, gotta have a pie at the footy

VelkiKurac
24-02-2023, 12:20 PM
Anyone go to the zone meeting last night ? Any news ?

Luka Boban
24-02-2023, 06:30 PM
Do talking after games on sidelines offering ridiculous $ to players is what I’m hearing…..
The key word here is "hearing" LOL. So you haven't actually seen this taking place, only regurgitating what others have said because so and so said he heard too from someone and so on.
It started off a bit annoying having all these baseless accusations made against the club but it's actually become quite funny now seeing the rumours spread and starting to get more ridiculous with each passing week.

The Hacker
24-02-2023, 09:09 PM
How are the new teams in Uni, Minmi and Olympic travelling. Have they played any trials etc. Most on here from ZPL wouldn’t know to much about these clubs and how they look

VelkiKurac
25-02-2023, 11:37 AM
How are the new teams in Uni, Minmi and Olympic travelling. Have they played any trials etc. Most on here from ZPL wouldn’t know to much about these clubs and how they look

They certainly have had trials. No idea how they went but hopefully they use their social media more once the season begins.

Wandering
25-02-2023, 01:13 PM
Minmi have had few games against Wallsend, Westy and Norths.
We play suns in a week or two so that will be a good indicator of how pre-season is going.

The Hacker
25-02-2023, 02:23 PM
They certainly have had trials. No idea how they went but hopefully they use their social media more once the season begins.

Some clubs have played a heap of trials already and Dudley have had 1 and feels like the Suns are the same. Will be interesting to see which way works best across a longer season

UniMen
25-02-2023, 07:09 PM

Played our first trail game today as Uni only started this week.
Also our social media is posted to daily…

VelkiKurac
25-02-2023, 07:41 PM
Played our first trail game today as Uni only started this week.
Also our social media is posted to daily…

Scores ?

jandysardine
25-02-2023, 09:45 PM
heard at the jets today cardiff dropping out and croatia stepping up

The Hacker
25-02-2023, 09:49 PM

I think they have to wait their turn. I’d also be surprised if Cardiff do. They have 2 Zone league sides so I’m sure they can merge to get the numbers

VelkiKurac
26-02-2023, 08:56 AM

We Havnt been asked but I also heard the same thing.
I also heard Norths were asked recently and said no.
Sounds like something is going on either way.

WWFC25
26-02-2023, 12:46 PM
Can you easily field 3 teams VK? Last season you only needed 2 and All the money in the world that you allegedly spend doesn’t exactly make 15 players appear out of nowhere…..

The Hacker
26-02-2023, 01:43 PM
Can you easily field 3 teams VK? Last season you only needed 2 and All the money in the world that you allegedly spend doesn’t exactly make 15 players appear out of nowhere…..

They need to have 3 in ZL1 this year

VelkiKurac
26-02-2023, 01:44 PM
They need to have 3 in ZL1 this year

Correct

Fred Devils
26-02-2023, 07:26 PM

They did also have an A Grade Friday night team…

VelkiKurac
26-02-2023, 08:09 PM
They did also have an A Grade Friday night team…

Correct and they are back again this year. Handy back up if needed.

ZLWB
26-02-2023, 10:18 PM
Swansea beat Umina 3-2 today. 1-1 in ressies.

Buddha
27-02-2023, 10:11 AM
Olympic played Azzurri ZL1 on Saturday out at Mallabula

3rds/Res - Azzurri 5-1
Firsts 4-1 Olympic

Not really sure of the strength of team but a good hitout for both teams.

gtg
27-02-2023, 12:31 PM

Nailed it. People also don't want to play with a bunch of guys they aren't friends with just so they can tell people that they play for an NPL team (hint: nobody gives a shit).

VelkiKurac
27-02-2023, 04:19 PM
Dudley V Croatia
This Saturday Lydon Oval
Normal season KO times

Will be a good test against Dudley who I believe are comp favorites.

Buddha
27-02-2023, 04:33 PM
Azzurri ZPL v Azzurri ZL1 on Saturday at Tarro

Should be a good gauge to see where both teams are at

Eastwest
02-03-2023, 03:38 PM
Draw out? or are teams still dropping in and out

The Hacker
02-03-2023, 03:47 PM
Draw out? or are teams still dropping in and out

How are cardiff looking Jardel

NUGUNS
04-03-2023, 09:46 AM
Just looked at the fixture lists for the opening weekend. Across all leagues there is only 2 Sunday games. Hope refs have been recruited as theres gonna be a shortage.

VelkiKurac
04-03-2023, 05:54 PM
Dudley v Croatia

Firsts 1-0 Dudley
Res 3-2 Croatia
Thirds 4-2 Dudley

Zonal Marking
04-03-2023, 08:58 PM
Dudley v Croatia

Firsts 1-0 Dudley
Res 3-2 Croatia
Thirds 4-2 Dudley

Great effort by the Croats against what is probably the strongest club in the ZPL.

I saw Azzurri lost 4-0 to….Azzurri but was it the ZPL or the ZL1 team who got the win?

VelkiKurac
04-03-2023, 09:03 PM
Great effort by the Croats against what is probably the strongest club in the ZPL.

I saw Azzurri lost 4-0 to….Azzurri but was it the ZPL or the ZL1 team who got the win?

ZL1 got up

ForeverRed
04-03-2023, 09:30 PM

Dudley missing quite a few from first grade, settle tiger

VelkiKurac
04-03-2023, 09:54 PM

Both teams were missing players but anyway can only play what’s in front of you on the day.

The Hacker
04-03-2023, 10:24 PM

I saw the second half and the word a few is generous I would of said Dudley were missing 6-8

Croatia looked flat. But that will happen if you play half a season in trials already. But they went alright against Dudley’s almost reserve grade

jandysardine
04-03-2023, 10:46 PM
ZL1 got up

you can count azzurri out of the finals again this year

magician
04-03-2023, 11:16 PM

Calm down. Croatia 🇭🇷 weren’t anywhere near it.
Chasing shadows for most of the game

VelkiKurac
04-03-2023, 11:20 PM
I saw the second half and the word a few is generous I would of said Dudley were missing 6-8

Croatia looked flat. But that will happen if you play half a season in trials already. But they went alright against Dudley’s almost reserve grade

hahahahahah

VelkiKurac
04-03-2023, 11:21 PM
Calm down. Croatia 🇭🇷 weren’t anywhere near it.
Chasing shadows for most of the game

Next time put your glasses on.

magician
04-03-2023, 11:26 PM

Sorry you do the talking on the pitch,
Don’t think I’ve heard more foul language that come from the croatia
Shed at half time

VelkiKurac
04-03-2023, 11:32 PM
Shed at half time

Hahhahahahahhahahahahahahahah
You need to get out more then

The Hacker
04-03-2023, 11:40 PM
Shed at half time

I think you hit a nerve. If you weren’t chasing shadows why the blow up. Cause they were doing so well

VelkiKurac
04-03-2023, 11:50 PM
I think you hit a nerve. If you weren’t chasing shadows why the blow up. Cause they were doing so well

Ask the coach why.

The Hacker
04-03-2023, 11:56 PM
Ask the coach why.

I think Magician hit the nail on the head. The won’t need to do any fitness at training. They got it in today chasing Dudley around the park.
They will need to worry about Azzurri again this year going off their result today

prawnhead
05-03-2023, 09:24 AM

Ventured out to watch this yesterday after hearing all the hype on Croatia. What a let down - Croatia were rubbish in all respects. For a club who do their talking on the pitch, their football was awful. Just a lot guys who argued with each other and whinged the whole game. Although chasing shadows against I'm hearing what was largely a Dudley second side, that must have been frustrating for them.

VK - from what I saw yesterday, just reinforces your comments on not paying players. No way you could be paying anyone based on what they dished up. And what's the go with those warm up singlets and doof doof music 😲 😂. Really embarrassing stuff - you've got to be able to dish up a bit on the park before you carry on like that.

VelkiKurac
05-03-2023, 10:21 AM
A post about a result and you blokes turn it into a club bashathon, unreal hahahahah

Hajduk
05-03-2023, 10:40 AM
Shed at half time

All coach’s use foul language, but when it’s an ethic club doing it, it’s not right, but no mention of the Dudley spectator howling racial abuse towards us, that’s fine. Just wow.

Luka Boban
05-03-2023, 11:05 AM
Entitled to your opinion but when it is so blatantly agenda driven we need to have some perspective so neutrals can see the other side from Croatia's view.
Firstly apparently Dudley had four regulars out, it definitely wasn't a "second side". Croatia had two regular first team players out, one player was making his first start for the club so considering these factors plus Dudley being touted as the favourite to take out ZPL a 1-0 loss...and a penalty at that....is a decent result. Second half Croatia actually had more chances and the Dudley keeper was the busier of the two so this notion of "chasing shadows" is complete BS.
As for the comment about the warm-up singlets and doof doof music who bloody cares. Why is it embarrassing? Yeah can't do something different in Newy hey. Next you'll be bagging out the club because they sell chevapi at games.
The small-town small-minded mentality strikes again!
At the end of the day it's still just a trial game.
Make your judgement on the team half a dozen games into the season proper.

The Hacker
05-03-2023, 11:50 AM
Entitled to your opinion but when it is so blatantly agenda driven we need to have some perspective so neutrals can see the other side from Croatia's view.
Firstly apparently Dudley had four regulars out, it definitely wasn't a "second side". Croatia had two regular first team players out, one player was making his first start for the club so considering these factors plus Dudley being touted as the favourite to take out ZPL a 1-0 loss...and a penalty at that....is a decent result. Second half Croatia actually had more chances and the Dudley keeper was the busier of the two so this notion of "chasing shadows" is complete BS.
As for the comment about the warm-up singlets and doof doof music who bloody cares. Why is it embarrassing? Yeah can't do something different in Newy hey. Next you'll be bagging out the club because they sell chevapi at games.
The small-town small-minded mentality strikes again!
Make your judgement on the team half a dozen games into the season proper.

I think you will find Prawnhead and Magician are neutrals as they have nothing to do with Dudley so that shoots down your theory of an agenda.
Suns have been doing Chevapi for ages and it’s a fans favourite so you ain’t inventing the wheel mate.

And if it makes you feel better thinking it was 4 you tell yourself that.
It will be a 2 horse race in ZL1 this year will be interesting

Luka Boban
05-03-2023, 12:26 PM
I think you will find Prawnhead and Magician are neutrals as they have nothing to do with Dudley so that shoots down your theory of an agenda.
Suns have been doing Chevapi for ages and it’s a fans favourite so you ain’t inventing the wheel mate.

And if it makes you feel better thinking it was 4 you tell yourself that.
It will be a 2 horse race in ZL1 this year will be interesting
Yeah whatever blah blah blah.
Defending your mates now because I've called out their BS agenda, it's irrelevant whether they've got anything to do with Dudley or not.

BTW the really embarrassing thing about yesterday was that 3 grades played yesterday and they couldn't even have a canteen open to serve basic refreshments and snacks for the players and supporters.

gtg
05-03-2023, 01:08 PM

Seems like it meant a bit more to you and your little buddies here if this is how you're reacting.

Just accept that we fielded a mixed team yesterday and there was still a gulf in quality between the two sides. It's nothing to be ashamed about.

reddevil17
05-03-2023, 01:36 PM
you can count azzurri out of the finals again this year

Bold statement so early on

prawnhead
05-03-2023, 01:46 PM
Yeah whatever blah blah blah.
Defending your mates now because I've called out their BS agenda, it's irrelevant whether they've got anything to do with Dudley or not.

BTW the really embarrassing thing about yesterday was that 3 grades played yesterday and they couldn't even have a canteen open to serve basic refreshments and snacks for the players and supporters.

Yep I'm a neutral, just came to see for myself what all the hype was about 😂😂. I actually just made it in time for kick off as was on way to your home ground at Bero but a mate rang and said Dudley had offered to change to their ground for footballs sake 😂.

Looked like a bit of construction/development on facilities going on at Dudley so that and the late change of venue may have had something to do with canteen. I'd rather a decent pitch than a pie in preseason though.

Embarrassing? - where is your home ground again? 😂😂

Luka Boban
05-03-2023, 03:16 PM
Yep I'm a neutral, just came to see for myself what all the hype was about 😂😂. I actually just made it in time for kick off as was on way to your home ground at Bero but a mate rang and said Dudley had offered to change to their ground for footballs sake 😂.

Looked like a bit of construction/development on facilities going on at Dudley so that and the late change of venue may have had something to do with canteen. I'd rather a decent pitch than a pie in preseason though.

Embarrassing? - where is your home ground again? 😂😂
LOL "late change of venue". The decision to play at Dudley was made on Monday the 27th!!!
How many days does a club need to organise a few drinks in the fridge, some snacks and a couple volunteers? Anyone I've made my point and I'm not going to dwell on it so move on from yesterday.

Comeonmate
05-03-2023, 03:30 PM
Isn’t it funny when the Croatian mob complain about anyone hating them. If anyone goes to their games you’ll notice how disgusting the supporters are, especially in their actions, language and intent to harm anyone. Death threats, bottles thrown at players are just the start. Disgusting, think their king shit. Check yourself

VelkiKurac
05-03-2023, 03:56 PM
Isn’t it funny when the Croatian mob complain about anyone hating them. If anyone goes to their games you’ll notice how disgusting the supporters are, especially in their actions, language and intent to harm anyone. Death threats, bottles thrown at players are just the start. Disgusting, think they’re king shit. Check yourself

Now you are flat out lying and talking absolute shit!

Luka Boban
05-03-2023, 04:06 PM
Isn’t it funny when the Croatian mob complain about anyone hating them. If anyone goes to their games you’ll notice how disgusting the supporters are, especially in their actions, language and intent to harm anyone. Death threats, bottles thrown at players are just the start. Disgusting, think their king shit. Check yourself
Moderators this is totally out of order!!!!
You can't make accusations like this and spread innuendo based on ethnicity.
Absolutely disgraceful.

Hajduk
05-03-2023, 04:34 PM

Seriously this is totally out of order, suggesting we give death threats and so on.
We can handle good old banter, but this is totally out of order and unacceptable on all levels.

prawnhead
05-03-2023, 05:01 PM
[QUOTE=Luka Boban;266214]Moderators this is totally out of order!!!!
Absolutely disgraceful.[/

You boys aren't the sharpest of tools either. His accusation may be false and shite, but how is it based on ethnicity? You are known as Newcastle Croatia are you not? He is simply referring to your club. If he said Cardiff or Dudley mob, would that be based on ethnicity too?

Oldy
05-03-2023, 05:17 PM
Listen to these hysterical freaks carryon like bitches.

Kind of sounds like the type of behaviour old mate was complaining about.

gtg
05-03-2023, 05:38 PM
Moderators this is totally out of order!!!!
Absolutely disgraceful.

A mate of mine played your boys in a trial game last season and was intentionally studded in the chest by one of your defenders after he went to the ground and won a penalty. He then had to come off injured. The guy never apologised. In this same match, the Croatia coach was heard yelling things out like "break his legs" and "smash him".

In a trial game :roflz:

Was that racism or were your boys just acting like grubs as per usual?

I was 100% against us playing you guys in a trial this weekend simply because of the behaviour I've seen in the past. I'm sure others feel the same way.

VelkiKurac
05-03-2023, 05:44 PM
Hahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahah

Luka Boban
05-03-2023, 06:07 PM
This is has all gone to another level of grubbiness now. Started off as a bit of banter about paying players, now today accusations aimed at the spectators, players and coaches. If this is what The Forum is about than it's a sad reflection on everyone involved who has allowed this type of behaviour to be tolerated. Good riddance!

WWFC25
05-03-2023, 06:09 PM
Last I checked Newcastle Croatia (so I don’t offend anyone) was in ZL1, has that changed? or should they take all this meaningless chat and go to their own thread ……..
That way the people actually playing ZPL can get back to some quality chat! :)

The Hacker
05-03-2023, 06:41 PM
Last I checked Newcastle Croatia (so I don’t offend anyone) was in ZL1, has that changed? or should they take all this meaningless chat and go to their own thread ……..
That way the people actually playing ZPL can get back to some quality chat! :)

Spot on. They had a crack and came up short. They only been back one season. Croatia and Azzurri will be a 2 horse race in ZL1.

Any ZPL teams play this weekend apart from Azzurri and Dudley

prawnhead
05-03-2023, 06:54 PM
This is has all gone to another level of grubbiness now. Started off as a bit of banter about paying players, now today accusations aimed at the spectators, players and coaches. If this is what The Forum is about than it's a sad reflection on everyone involved who has allowed this type of behaviour to be tolerated. Good riddance!

Kitchen heat, then pull the ethnicity card. See ya ✌️ hahahahahahahaha

WWFC25
05-03-2023, 07:06 PM
Spot on. They had a crack and came up short. They only been back one season. Croatia and Azzurri will be a 2 horse race in ZL1.

Cats vs Mayfield
Both teams didn’t look full strength in either grade but good match fitness as we get closer to the start of the season.
Res 4-2 Mayfield
1st 4-0 Mayfield

Thanks to Mayfield for getting the trial with us on short notice

Flanders
05-03-2023, 10:05 PM
The azzurri ZPL vs ZPL1 wasn't a fair reflection on either 3 sides.. fair few fellas played in all 3 grades.

Crabs will be a force again this year in ZL1

UniMen
05-03-2023, 10:18 PM

We had a good hit out yesterday against a Port Macquarie team at Speers Point

The Hacker
05-03-2023, 10:29 PM
We had a good hit out yesterday against a Port Macquarie team at Speers Point

What did the score end up

Lofty
06-03-2023, 09:11 AM
Suns finally had our first trial game yesertday against Minmi.

Firsts Suns 6-2
Res Minmi 3-2
Thirds Suns 1-0

Thanks to the Minmi guys for hosting!

Taffy
06-03-2023, 09:49 AM
And what's the go with those warm up singlets.

Cringe central

riverboy
06-03-2023, 01:32 PM
Cringe central
Sorry Croatia, I have to agree the singlets are embarrassing. You would have to be getting paid to wear them.

Lofty
06-03-2023, 02:04 PM
Never have I read so much dribble in this forum. Seriously time to move on.
Nothing against Croatia, good to see them having a crack. Pre season is pre season. But surely that's enough in this thread with the weekends game behind us.

We haven't seen changes within ZPL like this, since ever really. Three new additions with Olympic, Minmi and Uni coming up. Longer season now with 22 rounds and 5 game finals series.
Seems like quite a bit of player turnover at most clubs. Dudley is probably the only club we have really heard about as far as their squad goes with most being retained and adding some quality experienced boys to mix with the young boys they had.

Literally haven't heard much about any other clubs apart from some difficulties in getting players together.

Suns playing Westlakes in three grades this Saturday.

WWFC25
06-03-2023, 03:01 PM
Nothing against Croatia, good to see them having a crack. Pre season is pre season. But surely that's enough in this thread with the weekends game behind us.

We haven't seen changes within ZPL like this, since ever really. Three new additions with Olympic, Minmi and Uni coming up. Longer season now with 22 rounds and 5 game finals series.
Seems like quite a bit of player turnover at most clubs. Dudley is probably the only club we have really heard about as far as their squad goes with most being retained and adding some quality experienced boys to mix with the young boys they had.

Literally haven't heard much about any other clubs apart from some difficulties in getting players together.

Hopefully you boys aren’t too tired from the massive amount of travel to put on a good show :)

Lofty
06-03-2023, 04:18 PM
Hopefully you boys aren’t too tired from the massive amount of travel to put on a good show :)

Lake Mac jetlag is a thing!

VelkiKurac
06-03-2023, 05:45 PM

I agree haha

Clubs not doing much social media in pre season, hopefully that improves once competition begins.

The Hacker
06-03-2023, 08:32 PM
I agree haha

Clubs not doing much social media in pre season, hopefully that improves once competition begins.

You better jump on the ZL1 teams

VelkiKurac
06-03-2023, 08:42 PM
You better jump on the ZL1 teams

They are even worse. Just overall in general we need more from all zone teams.

gtg
07-03-2023, 12:03 PM
They are even worse. Just overall in general we need more from all zone teams.

Why do we need more social media posts from zone league teams? Most people just want to have a kick about and don't give a shit about their clubs social media presence.

The Hacker
07-03-2023, 12:44 PM
Why do we need more social media posts from zone league teams? Most people just want to have a kick about and don't give a shit about their clubs social media presence.

I’d say even more so during trials

VelkiKurac
07-03-2023, 01:04 PM
[QUOTE=gtg;266278]Why do we need more social media posts from zone league teams? Most people just want to have a kick about and don't give a shit about their clubs social media presence.[/QUOTE

How about promoting zone football or the game in general. Keep supporters in the loop with club activities. Encouraging more people to attend games, advertisement for sponsors etc

Just promoting the community clubs in general.

Lord Elland
08-03-2023, 06:51 AM
Not everyone has all day to that stuff, as someone who’s job it is to run social media account I appreciate that its time consuming and difficult for the average person if they want to do it well, at this level who gives a toss if a club is or isn’t doing it.

Lord Elland
08-03-2023, 06:54 AM
At the end of the day people doing this stuff are just volunteers and social media isn’t everyones expertise and it falls a bit lower on the priority list for the small team of volunteers at most clubs rightly so

Kicktheball
08-03-2023, 07:15 PM
Some interesting matchups round 1-
Will Dudley put 5 on struggling Cardiff?
Uni v Kotara will give a good indication.
Warners bay could potentially put minmi in their place.

Bring on the season lots of unknowns this year

riverboy
09-03-2023, 09:03 PM
[QUOTE=gtg;266278]Why do we need more social media posts from zone league teams? Most people just want to have a kick about and don't give a shit about their clubs social media presence.[/QUOTE

How about promoting zone football or the game in general. Keep supporters in the loop with club activities. Encouraging more people to attend games, advertisement for sponsors etc

Just promoting the community clubs in general.

I agree it's good, Azzurri started it some years ago. Minmi and now Croatia. Are all the guys you guys at Croatia announcing First Graders?

VelkiKurac
09-03-2023, 10:23 PM
[QUOTE=VelkiKurac;266280]

I agree it's good, Azzurri started it some years ago. Minmi and now Croatia. Are all the guys you guys at Croatia announcing First Graders?

Most will play 1s at some stage I would assume.

The Hacker
09-03-2023, 11:17 PM
[QUOTE=riverboy;266323]

If the 2 blokes from Cardiff they announced the other week play first grade they might struggle to win the comp

riverboy
09-03-2023, 11:59 PM
[QUOTE=riverboy;266323]

I'm not sure that clubs need to announce every signing? If their not first graders it's not really worth mentioning Imp.

The Hacker
10-03-2023, 09:07 AM
[QUOTE=VelkiKurac;266324]

I'm not sure that clubs need to announce every signing? If their not first graders it's not really worth mentioning Imp.

I think the Cardiff guys were for the people on here bagging them about the way they went about it

VelkiKurac
10-03-2023, 09:39 AM
You blokes forgetting this is ZPL thread lol

Taffy
10-03-2023, 09:42 AM
You blokes forgetting this is ZPL thread lol

They only want to follow that rule when Croatia is discussed.

VelkiKurac
10-03-2023, 09:49 AM
They only want to follow that rule when Croatia is discussed.

Hahaha well hopefully that won’t be an issue next season.

The Hacker
10-03-2023, 03:16 PM

Play your Cardiff recruits and it will be cause you might run second to Azzurri again.

Speaking of Cardiff am I missing something or are they not in the ffa cup

FlatScreen
10-03-2023, 05:35 PM

You'll be in the A-league thread by next year!

Jardelsimage
10-03-2023, 07:02 PM
Play your Cardiff recruits and it will be cause you might run second to Azzurri again.

Speaking of Cardiff am I missing something or are they not in the ffa cup

Not in FFA, email issues from Northerns end.

VelkiKurac
10-03-2023, 07:28 PM

Hahahaha but yeh no thanks don’t need the Zzz league

TheCancer
10-03-2023, 09:12 PM

What they bypassed the N2D 😂😂😂😂 just stop talking about them.

WWFC25
12-03-2023, 06:16 PM
Cats vs Suns
3rds 1-4
Res 0-6
1sts 2-3

Pretty good hit out for both teams with the heat playing a part in the pace of the games.

Most interesting moment of the day was Lofty deciding it was too hot and he was tired, so he got an
“arm injury” ;) and had to come off, abusing the ref while he went over a questionable penalty callÂ….

Looking forward to playing the Suns again in a few weeks time!

prawnhead
12-03-2023, 07:43 PM
Cats vs Suns
3rds 1-4
Res 0-6
1sts 2-3

Pretty good hit out for both teams with the heat playing a part in the pace of the games.

Most interesting moment of the day was Lofty deciding it was too hot and he was tired, so he got an
“arm injury” ;) and had to come off, abusing the ref while he went over a questionable penalty callÂ….

Lofty’s a quality administrator though.

Zonal Marking
12-03-2023, 08:08 PM
Cats vs Suns
3rds 1-4
Res 0-6
1sts 2-3

Solid effort by Westlakes firsts. Almost had double digits put on them in last years corresponding fixture from memory so that’s a great improvement.

Lofty is turning soft! It wasn’t even that hot today! :rof:

WWFC25
12-03-2023, 08:13 PM
Solid effort by Westlakes firsts. Almost had double digits put on them in last years corresponding fixture from memory so that’s a great improvement.

Lofty is turning soft! It wasn’t even that hot today! :rof:

This was played yesterday haha

Little late on the results :)

ZLWB
12-03-2023, 08:20 PM
Quick couple of questions for Lofty;
What’s happening at Myers Park, and will it be ready for start of the season?
Apologies if this was already asked & answered - I sifted through the thread, past all the Croatia comments, and didn’t see anything.
I went for a run past it the other night and there was earthworks, safety barriers, caution tape, and a ****ing big pile of dirt.
Please tell me the council aren’t digging it up just prior to the start of the football season and the end of the growing season.

Zonal Marking
12-03-2023, 08:49 PM
This was played yesterday haha

Little late on the results :)

Oh fair enough haha. Lofty is still soft though! :rof:

Kingofthemiddle
13-03-2023, 07:43 AM
Predictions for the year ahead???
New teams,new signings new year,more games.

Lofty
13-03-2023, 09:34 AM
Copping it from all angles here haha. Old age getting the better of me! Definitely a penatly though... ref was being kind :rof:

Thanks again to Westlakes for hosting us. They were short on troops but still got through three grades for us.

sapdad
13-03-2023, 10:16 AM
Quick couple of questions for Lofty;
What’s happening at Myers Park, and will it be ready for start of the season?
Apologies if this was already asked & answered - I sifted through the thread, past all the Croatia comments, and didn’t see anything.
I went for a run past it the other night and there was earthworks, safety barriers, caution tape, and a ****ing big pile of dirt.
Please tell me the council aren’t digging it up just prior to the start of the football season and the end of the growing season.

I think they are building a path/cycleway around the outside of the Myer park/Adamstown oval precinct and an all weather cricket pitch between the two Myer Park fields.It shouldnt have an effect on the football season ahead.

gtg
13-03-2023, 11:57 AM
I think they are building... an all weather cricket pitch between the two Myer Park fields

What!? I prefer when the cricket pitch is smack-bang in the middle of the pitch around the centre circle.

In other news, Warners Bay played Olympic on the weekend, anyone from either clubs care to share the results? Not sure if it was all grades or not.

FairPlay2022
13-03-2023, 12:46 PM
What!? I prefer when the cricket pitch is smack-bang in the middle of the pitch around the centre circle.

In other news, Warners Bay played Olympic on the weekend, anyone from either clubs care to share the results? Not sure if it was all grades or not.

WBay vs Olympic

Firsts 0-0
Ressies 3-1
Thirds 4-2

gtg
14-03-2023, 01:09 PM
WBay vs Olympic

Firsts 0-0
Ressies 3-1
Thirds 4-2

not a bad result for olympic in firsts. were both teams at full strength?

The Hacker
14-03-2023, 03:45 PM
Are we thinking that any ZPL team will get rolled in round 1 of the FFA cup

Lofty
14-03-2023, 09:19 PM
Suns v South Maitland is tomorrow night at LMRFF

FairPlay2022
14-03-2023, 10:02 PM
not a bad result for olympic in firsts. were both teams at full strength?

I might be bias but I thought Wbay were the better side for the majority of the game. Olympic will definitely hold their own in this division though.

Warners were missing 2-3 players who could probably start when available but it was still a strong side. Unsure about Olympic.

gtg
15-03-2023, 09:05 AM
Warners were missing 2-3 players who could probably start when available but it was still a strong side. Unsure about Olympic.

I think you'll find that every team has at least two first team players out at any given time, mate.

FairPlay2022
15-03-2023, 09:38 AM
I think you'll find that every team has at least two first team players out at any given time, mate.

Then why even ask if both teams were at full strength if you already knew they would be missing a minimum of at least two players each? :rolleyes:

Lofty
15-03-2023, 09:52 AM
Then why even ask if both teams were at full strength if you already knew they would be missing a minimum of at least two players each? :rolleyes:

The only thing full strength around the grounds every week are the beers.

gtg
15-03-2023, 11:19 AM

I was curious to know if they had played a mixed team of reserves/firsts seeing as they are playing a newly promoted team.

WWFC25
15-03-2023, 06:52 PM
The only thing full strength around the grounds every week are the beers.

Don’t lie Lofty that was full first grade Suns on the weekend!!

riverboy
16-03-2023, 12:03 AM
All these discussions about teams being full strength or not is ridiculous.
These matches are trials, NO teams are full strength right now. People shouldn’t be fixated with trial results.

Boasting on trials and who is in or who is out is a little like someone boasting about who has a bigger di*k.

WWFC25
18-03-2023, 10:23 PM
Westlakes vs Norths
3rds 4-2
Res 2-3
1st 5-8

Credit to the Norths boys making the trip and braving the heat

The Debt Collector
19-03-2023, 09:44 PM
Australia Cup
Swansea 3 - 1 Stockton

The Australia Cup is back and the Swans are having Shark fin soup for dinner after a feisty battle of the bridge against Stockton with both teams having a player sent off and multiple yellow cards to Stockton

But there wouldn’t be drama if the ZPL Bad Boy William McMaster wasn’t involved. Playing a new position and the same old antics. Rumour has it the Suns have paid the ZPL Bad Boy off with their salary sombrero to not be available for their round 1 clash and McMaster kept his promise.

One card for dissent and one for swearing, after speaking with young William after the match he said he would like to apologise to absolutely nobody and the ZPL Bad Boy does whatever he wants.

Going to be a long year with him striking fear into the opposition with his antics.

A special mention to Swansea’s goalkeeper Patty ‘the Baddy’ Heffernan with an excellent assist, embarrassing the opposition goalkeeper, causing him to sub himself off

Year of the Swan 🦢

The Hacker
19-03-2023, 10:00 PM
Australia Cup
Swansea 3 - 1 Stockton

The Australia Cup is back and the Swans are having Shark fin soup for dinner after a feisty battle of the bridge against Stockton with both teams having a player sent off and multiple yellow cards to Stockton

But there wouldn’t be drama if the ZPL Bad Boy William McMaster wasn’t involved. Playing a new position and the same old antics. Rumour has it the Suns have paid the ZPL Bad Boy off with their salary sombrero to not be available for their round 1 clash and McMaster kept his promise.

One card for dissent and one for swearing, after speaking with young William after the match he said he would like to apologise to absolutely nobody and the ZPL Bad Boy does whatever he wants.

Going to be a long year with him striking fear into the opposition with his antics.

A special mention to Swansea’s goalkeeper Patty ‘the Baddy’ Heffernan with an excellent assist, embarrassing the opposition goalkeeper, causing him to sub himself off

Year of the Swan 🦢

Love the write up as always.

Were there any upsets in Australia cup on the weekend

Zonal Marking
19-03-2023, 11:06 PM
Australia Cup
Swansea 3 - 1 Stockton

Year of the Swan 🦢

Is that ZPL wannabe bad boy pretender still knocking about? He must not be far off entering the retirement home surely? Bloke has been washed up for years :rof:

Kicktheball
20-03-2023, 08:37 AM
Round 1 predictions. I’ll kick us off

Suns 4 Swansea 1
Mayfield 3 westlakes 0
Olympic 3 azzuri 1
Warners bay 4 minmi 2
Uni 2 Kotara 1
Dudley 2 Cardiff 1

gtg
20-03-2023, 09:34 AM
Australia Cup
Swansea 3 - 1 Stockton

Year of the Swan ��

Love the write-ups, keep them coming.

My predictions:
Suns 8 Swansea 0
Mayfield 2 westlakes 1
Olympic 2 azzurri 2
Warners bay 4 minmi 1
Uni 0 Kotara 2
Dudley 4 Cardiff 0

Halligooner
20-03-2023, 11:26 AM
Australia Cup

Azzurri 2-0 New Lambton

Next up, Kahibah NL1 on Wednesday night.

Wandering
20-03-2023, 11:31 AM
Nelson bay vs Minmi 2-2
Nelson bay through on pens 5-4

The Hacker
20-03-2023, 12:26 PM
Australia Cup

Azzurri 2-0 New Lambton

This is where it usually gets interesting when NL1 and ZPL meet and usually causes some debate. Who has who

Taffy
20-03-2023, 12:41 PM
Australia Cup

Azzurri 2-0 New Lambton

Will Kahibah put in their strong team or will they rest key players for their match against South Cardiff and replace with players of lower quality or give young ones some experience?

gtg
20-03-2023, 12:50 PM
This is where it usually gets interesting when NL1 and ZPL meet and usually causes some debate. Who has who

Correct me if I'm wrong but azzurri played the zone league 1 team, new lambton JUNIORS, not the NL1 team.

UniMen
20-03-2023, 12:58 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but azzurri played the zone league 1 team, new lambton JUNIORS, not the NL1 team.

Yeah correct they played ZL1 not NPL New Lambton

Bon
20-03-2023, 01:00 PM

Yeah mate, I think they were more referring to the "next up, Kahibah" bit for NL1..
Necessary clarification though..

gtg
20-03-2023, 01:01 PM
Yeah mate, I think they were more referring to the "next up, Kahibah" bit for NL1..

Ah right I missed that part. Thank you.

Parochial Supporter
20-03-2023, 01:08 PM
Wasn't it a All Age team ? ZL1 is associated with the NPL team so are ineligible.?

The Hacker
20-03-2023, 01:13 PM
Will Kahibah put in their strong team or will they rest key players for their match against South Cardiff and replace with players of lower quality or give young ones some experience?

Dudley beat a full strength Kahibah 4-0 so I’d suggest they would need to be near full strength. South Cardiff will be in the same boat having to play.

Do they all need to be played this week or something. Tight turn around from round to round

Taffy
20-03-2023, 01:20 PM
Dudley beat a full strength Kahibah 4-0 so I’d suggest they would need to be near full strength.

Depends if they care or not, not like Kahibah are going to win the cup but they do have a chance of winning or making finals in the league they may prioritise that. Same with South Cardiff.

Nothing on the fixtures for South Cardiff's game, so maybe they aren't playing this week

Halligooner
20-03-2023, 01:52 PM

Correct. There isn't any NL1 or NPL clubs involved until Round 3 (This Week).

It was New Lambton Juniors (ZL1).

ZLWB
20-03-2023, 01:52 PM
Australia Cup
Swansea 3 - 1 Stockton

Year of the Swan ��

Quality report DC. Swansea looked to be down a few and struggled a bit in the final third. Will played well considering he was out of position - we give him shite but he can play and his speed saved the Swannies a couple of times. The vocal crowd got under his skin at the death there, and true to form….
There’ll be some bumps and bruises after that game.

Halligooner
20-03-2023, 01:57 PM
Dudley beat a full strength Kahibah 4-0 so I’d suggest they would need to be near full strength. South Cardiff will be in the same boat having to play.

Do they all need to be played this week or something. Tight turn around from round to round

Kahibah are playing a mid-week fixture next week (apparently), with ZPL Round 1 kicking off this weekend. Unfortunately, the only choice was to then schedule mid-week this week, as Round 3 has to be played by the 26/03.

VelkiKurac
20-03-2023, 07:48 PM
Kahibah are playing a mid-week fixture next week (apparently), with ZPL Round 1 kicking off this weekend. Unfortunately, the only choice was to then schedule mid-week this week, as Round 3 has to be played by the 26/03.

Supposed to be played by 26th but I’m sure Northern won’t enforce it especially for NL1 clubs.

Yesk21
21-03-2023, 09:47 AM
Toronto vs warners bay Wednesday night

Kingofthemiddle
21-03-2023, 12:43 PM
Any other games tonight or this week?

WWFC25
21-03-2023, 02:55 PM
Westlakes vs South Cardiff
Tuesday next week

UniMen
22-03-2023, 12:15 PM
Any other games tonight or this week?

Cessnock v Uni tonight, cup round 3

gtg
22-03-2023, 01:06 PM

How is the Uni team looking this year versus last year?

UniMen
22-03-2023, 01:44 PM
How is the Uni team looking this year versus last year?

Have a new coach which is always exciting to start fresh, few really good additions that we’re happy with and been good in pre-season. Had over 100 people trial during Uni o-week so took us a while to cut that down to a squad. Much younger squad to what we’ve had in the past.
Would’ve liked to know we’d be in ZPL a bit earlier to plan accordingly however everyone is very excited for the challenge!

Hurricane
22-03-2023, 09:56 PM

Can we get a cup thread ?

ZLWB
22-03-2023, 10:34 PM
Australia Cup
West Wallsend 2-1 over Swansea

Halligooner
22-03-2023, 11:17 PM
Australia Cup
Kahibah 4-2 Azzurri

Azzurri played very respectably, going down twice and levelling twice. Ran out of legs in the last 15 minutes, especially after Sunday, but never looked out of place.

It was good to turn a few heads leading into Round One.

reddevil17
23-03-2023, 12:43 AM
Wasn't it an All Age team ? ZL1 is associated with the NPL team so are ineligible.?
No longer affiliated junior club is zl1

Zonal Marking
23-03-2023, 04:09 PM
Suns 5 Swansea 1
Mayfield 2 Westlakes 1
Olympic 1 Azzurri 1
Warners Bay 4 Minmi 1
Uni 2 Kotara 2
Dudley 3 Cardiff 0

Zonal Marking
23-03-2023, 04:15 PM
Anyone keen to have a guess at the final league table standings so we can come back at the end of the season and laugh at how wrong we all were? I’ll go…

Dudley
Suns
Warners Bay
Kotara
Mayfield
Olympic
Azzurri
West Lakes
Cardiff
Uni
Minmi
Swansea

Lofty
23-03-2023, 08:39 PM
Football season has arrived. Rain has arrived.

The Hacker
23-03-2023, 10:15 PM
I will take a stab here

Dudley
Suns
Warners Bay
Mayfield
Olympic
Kotara
Azzurri
West Lakes
Minmi
Swansea
Cardiff
Uni

ZLWB
23-03-2023, 10:23 PM
Dudley
WB
Azzuri
Suns
Kotara
Minmi
Olympic
Westlakes
Cardiff
Swansea
Mayfield
Uni

Mind you, after three rounds I’ll probably be thinking completely differently

FairPlay2022
23-03-2023, 10:47 PM
Dudley
Warners Bay
Suns
Mayfield
Azzurri
Olympic
Westlakes
Kotara
Uni
Swansea
Minmi
Cardiff

Buddha
24-03-2023, 09:15 AM
Dudley
Olympic
Suns
Warners Bay
Kotara
Uni
Mayfield
Azzurri
Westlakes
Swansea
Cardiff
Minmi

The new_kid
24-03-2023, 09:42 AM
Olympic (oh shock it’s not Dudley)
Dudley
Suns
Kotara
Warners bay
Cardiff
Mayfield
Minmi
Uni
Swansea
Azzurri (on goal difference)
Westlakes

W8 WATCHER
24-03-2023, 11:36 AM
Dudley
Suns
Mayfield
Olympic
Kotara
Azzurri
Warners bay
Cardiff
Minmi
Uni
Swansea
Westlakes

gtg
24-03-2023, 12:41 PM
Suns
Dudley
Mayfield
Warners Bay
Uni
Swansea
Cardiff
Olympic
Westlakes
Kotara
Azzurri
Minmi

jandysardine
24-03-2023, 01:41 PM
dudley
suns
warners bay
olympic
mayfield
kotara
swansea
westlakes
Cardiff
uni
azzurri
minmi

The Hacker
24-03-2023, 07:53 PM
I’ll have a stab

Suns 3 Swansea 1
Mayfield 2 Westlakes 0
Olympic 3 Azzurri 1
Warners Bay 4 Minmi 1
Uni 0 Kotara 2
Dudley 2 Cardiff 0

BP Super Dynamos
24-03-2023, 11:31 PM
Where do Newcastle Croatia finish 😋😋😋

Sideline
24-03-2023, 11:47 PM
Where do Newcastle Croatia finish 😋😋😋

:rof::rof::rof::rof::rof::rof::rof::rof::rof::rof:

Don't bring em back in here!!!!!! was good to get rid of them !!!!!!!!! so we can stick to zpl chat

The Hacker
25-03-2023, 10:44 AM
How many washouts today

mussfc
25-03-2023, 10:49 AM
How many washouts today

Westlakes v Mayfield OFF

433Footy
25-03-2023, 04:23 PM
Any other score updates?

Wandering
25-03-2023, 06:07 PM
Minmi Vs Warners Bay

1sts 1-3
Ressies 1-7
Thirds 1-2

Halligooner
25-03-2023, 06:09 PM
Azzurri vs Olympic

3rds - Azzurri 1 Olympic 4
Reserves - Azzurri 0 Olympic 1
1sts - Azzurri 0 Olympic 0

Bit of an arm wrestle of a day, especially considering the conditions.

reddevil17
25-03-2023, 07:06 PM
Westlakes v Mayfield OFF
Imagine getting on a Hexham but not fishburn. How?

The Hacker
25-03-2023, 07:25 PM
Imagine getting on a Hexham but not fishburn. How?

Amazed

ZLWB
25-03-2023, 07:49 PM
Swansea v Suns 2-5
Swans led 2-0, and Suns went down to 10, but Suns finished like a train to take the chocolates

Zonal Marking
25-03-2023, 08:01 PM
Swansea v Suns 2-5
Swans led 2-0, and Suns went down to 10, but Suns finished like a train to take the chocolates

Very out of character for the Suns to have a player sent off! Last time that happened must have been over 5 months ago in the ZPL grand final :rof:

Kicktheball
25-03-2023, 08:44 PM
How did the students go

UniMen
25-03-2023, 09:30 PM
How did the students go

Uni v Kotara
Firsts
0-3

Reserves
0-3

Thirds
3-1

FairPlay2022
26-03-2023, 12:02 AM
Swansea v Suns 2-5

How do you go from leading 2-0 with the opposition down to 10 men yet still manage to lose 5-2? Did the ZPL bad boy sub himself out thinking the job was done after the 2nd goal?

AwayDay Views
26-03-2023, 10:39 AM
Bay stacking Ressies from the start

riverboy
26-03-2023, 11:07 AM

Silly comment when they won all 3 grades.

Kingofthemiddle
26-03-2023, 01:36 PM
If you seen the old overweight striker the only thing they were stacking was beef into white shorts.

BuzzRothfield
26-03-2023, 07:15 PM
Looks like it will be a very long year for Cardiff

ForeverRed
26-03-2023, 07:41 PM
Looks like it will be a very long year for Cardiff
Not sure about that, they competed against a quality side but it blew out in the second half, also the Ctigers had a couple unavailable, big heads up to Dudley though, can’t see them getting beat

Zonal Marking
26-03-2023, 07:42 PM
Not sure about that, they competed against a quality side but it blew out in the second half, also the Ctigers had a couple unavailable, big heads up to Dudley though, can’t see them getting beat

Scores?

Crofty
26-03-2023, 07:48 PM

The hate for the bay is beautiful to see, you tossers can’t handle the panther heat

BuzzRothfield
26-03-2023, 07:50 PM
Scores?

First - 7-0
Ressies - 2-1
3rds - 2-1

All to dudley

MurderOnZidanesFloor
26-03-2023, 08:09 PM
From what I saw yesterday, Azzurri will be a handful this year.
Plenty of youth and potential.
Tight game with Olympic, had the better chances and a goal disallowed.

Zonal Marking
26-03-2023, 08:50 PM
First - 7-0
Ressies - 2-1
3rds - 2-1

All to dudley

Rough day for Cardiff first grade. I predicted a comfortable Dudley win before the match but losing 7-0 on the opening day of the season definitely isn’t encouraging.

ZLWB
26-03-2023, 08:59 PM
The hate for the bay is beautiful to see, you tossers can’t handle the panther heat

Not certain Crofty, but I think the comment was directed at the Suns and was answering a question.
Pretty sure they were answering “by stacking…” and wrote “bay stacking…” in error.
I might be wrong, but that’s how it reads to me.

The Hacker
27-03-2023, 09:24 AM

Watched the first half before going to the Knights and Cardiff lack of speed at the back was real bad. It should of been 4or5 nil at halftime. I heard they were like 11 traffic cones in the second half.
If Cardiff don’t come last I’d hate to see the team that does

ForeverRed
27-03-2023, 09:43 AM
Watched the first half before going to the Knights and Cardiff lack of speed at the back was real bad. It should of been 4or5 nil at halftime. I heard they were like 11 traffic cones in the second half.
If Cardiff don’t come last I’d hate to see the team that does
You lost me at “before going to the knights “ 🤷*♂️🤦*♂️

Kicktheball
27-03-2023, 10:50 AM
That won’t be the last time Dudley win by 7 or more

The Hacker
27-03-2023, 12:01 PM
You lost me at “before going to the knights “ 🤷*♂️🤦*♂️

I would of stayed if they weren’t playing 11 traffic cones

Kicktheball
27-03-2023, 12:49 PM
I would of stayed if they weren’t playing 11 traffic cones

It can be expected being the first game of the season.