Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lee Clark OUT

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    why?
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

I don't know if this guy is good, I don't know if those guys are good, but it makes a whole lot more sense to me to bring one of them in than this guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    I'm not the biggest fan of them, but I would take Rudan, Okon, Milicic, Stubbins, Jones, heck probably even Bleiberg over this bloke.
    At least those coaches know the available talent around as and the youth setup, cause we are unlikely to have the cash for experienced players. They are also more likely to understand the sort of constraints that a salary cap will pose to forming a squad in Australia.

Today's herald article looks to rule out most of them though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

Here is some posts from another forum when asked what playing style lee Clark employs:

melbourne_terrace wrote:
    tommyjet wrote:
    Heard some folks saying he a bit of a hoof ball mentality, anyone confirm his footballing style

It's hard to break away from that mentality in League 1 but he had the team playing good stuff until a few losses against the likes of Charlton athletic and other meant the board started harassing him over a few rare losses and some draws and a loss to swindon in the cup. After that he switched to a 4-5-1 for a while which was pretty dour in all honesty but still got results. Prior to that it was a pretty standard 4-4-1-1 or some times even 4-2-2-2 with advanced wingers and Jordan Rhodes dropping deep getting between the lines and still managing to score 40 goals .

Birmingham is in dire straights. Their owner Carson Yeung was jailed for six years by a Hong Kong court for money laundering earlier this year. Clark has had a tough time at Birmingham to say the least.

At Huddersfield things couldn't have been more different. When Clark first arrived at Huddersfield he promised fast attacking football that would entertain the fans. And this is what he delivered until they lost to a powerful Millwall side in the play offs. After seeing his young team taken apart by a strong team Clark altered his style to a far more pragmatic, less easy on the eye approach, that won points but far less plaudits.

He is a subscriber to prozone, so believes in percentages, and attempts to get his sides playing efficient if not wonderfully attractive football.

Key phrase to me is 'efficient if not wonderfully attractive football.'

For me this is what zane was aiming towards and had us playing in the last few games. Quicker transitioning from defence to attack (without the total need for hoofing it) therefor creating more space for attackers as opposition defence not settled back. Under gve it was the opposite, slow transition and slow ball movement against settled defences

I've been keeping rather quiet about who I am, and who I want to be... But that changes now.

I have been quietly toiling away getting my coaching credentials, traveling the world at great expense to broaden my football knowledge, working at clubs where financial prudence is paramount, all the while keeping tabs on local talent and the progression of the aleague.

I'm hoping to one day get a gig in the a-league.

Turns out all I needed to actually do it eat more tapas and be mates with different people.

Quote Originally Posted by joel31 View Post
    if ray gatt is correct that's our new boss

He's getting Birmingham relegated from the Championship. He can't be any good
    Yeah...the same Ray Gatt who tweeted two weeks ago - "Matter of when, not if, Graham Arnold signing with Jets. Will take his own staff there. Hence clean out at Jets."

The world is full of lemmings.

It seems to be a race between a few journalists on twitter to be the first to break news. Sure they may break something eventually, but not before a shite load of false stories. Id take it all with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    It seems to be a race between a few journalists on twitter to be the first to break news. Sure they may break something eventually, but not before a shite load of false stories. Id take it all with a grain of salt.
    Agree, one minute we're hearing that the club will be announcing the new coach next week....hence Arnold no longer in the frame.....then we are hearing that this Clark will be getting interviewed in a couple of weeks.
    Actually at first when I heard the name Lee Clark I thought it was a pun aimed at the former fitness coach whose name was also Lee Clark LOL

Gatt is reading the foz - his latest tweet....

Jets job down to Either Lee Clark or Phil Stubbins...
    Hi Ray !

Listening to Thursday's Guardian Football Weekly Extra:

It has been confirmed that Birmingham's home record this season is the worst home record in football league HISTORY.

18 home games without a win. Birmingham would be 9th if they played only away from home.

Maybe we could beat the Gypos down there for once...

And there you go Gatty.

Imagine how well the youth team would do in the nbn.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Listening to Thursday's Guardian Football Weekly Extra:

It has been confirmed that Birmingham's home record this season is the worst home record in football league HISTORY.

18 home games without a win. Birmingham would be 9th if they played only away from home.

Maybe we could beat the Gypos down there for once...

And there you go Gatty.
    Meets all Middleby's criteria. He's a shoo in.

Actually, Shoe In.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    No offence to Lee Clark but signing a coach from a club that is getting relegated from the English Championship just does not get me excited one bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    No offence, but I don't think lee clark probably cares what any of us think.
    no offence....thats one of our problems

Birmingham Staying up Lee Clark might not be going anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

My understanding is that he probably would have already been sacked were it not for the whole ownership/management crisis.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    My understanding is that he probably would have already been sacked were it not for the whole ownership/management crisis.
    Yeah, brum friend of mine says he will be gone once the ownership drama is sorted out. Not sure if that is certain or if it's just his hope but he isn't exactly praising the guy. Says he does great work with young players but that's about it. Described him as "an excitable person playing the game in Football Manager".

Banned
    Who started this shit rumour???

Why don't we just go out of our way and poach Kenny Lowe from Perth if we want to be this inept.

The bloke has done little as a Manager and will be a Steve McMahon level failure in this country

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    Here is some posts from another forum when asked what playing style lee Clark employs:

melbourne_terrace wrote:
    tommyjet wrote:
    Heard some folks saying he a bit of a hoof ball mentality, anyone confirm his footballing style

It's hard to break away from that mentality in League 1 but he had the team playing good stuff until a few losses against the likes of Charlton athletic and other meant the board started harassing him over a few rare losses and some draws and a loss to swindon in the cup. After that he switched to a 4-5-1 for a while which was pretty dour in all honesty but still got results. Prior to that it was a pretty standard 4-4-1-1 or some times even 4-2-2-2 with advanced wingers and Jordan Rhodes dropping deep getting between the lines and still managing to score 40 goals .

Birmingham is in dire straights. Their owner Carson Yeung was jailed for six years by a Hong Kong court for money laundering earlier this year. Clark has had a tough time at Birmingham to say the least.

At Huddersfield things couldn't have been more different. When Clark first arrived at Huddersfield he promised fast attacking football that would entertain the fans. And this is what he delivered until they lost to a powerful Millwall side in the play offs. After seeing his young team taken apart by a strong team Clark altered his style to a far more pragmatic, less easy on the eye approach, that won points but far less plaudits.

He is a subscriber to prozone, so believes in percentages, and attempts to get his sides playing efficient if not wonderfully attractive football.
    So what your sayin is the guy can coach yeah ?
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Who started this shit rumour???

Why don't we just go out of our way and poach Kenny Lowe from Perth if we want to be this inept.

The bloke has done little as a Manager and will be a Steve McMahon level failure in this country
    the club confirmed he was one of the top 3 candidates