Page 104 of 160 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 3186

Thread: SQUAD FOR 2015/16 SEASON - no Griff, no party

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Obvs has the same agent as Miller as we seem to be paying that bloke not to coach.
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week
    when its posts as hilarious as my last few the answer is no, I don't get bored of it.

You should try it, it's good for the soul.

Should sign Bridgey up but.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    10/10
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    10/10
    I knew you were going to say that.

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    10/10
    I knew you were going to say that.

when its posts as hilarious as my last few the answer is no, I don't get bored of it.

You should try it, it's good for the soul.
    To keep the Jets reference going, we could say you're the Jets after 5 games, some early laughs, but everyone knows exactly what's coming now.

Do you have a plan b now that everyone's got you worked out??

Anyway, any news on Carney out? Might free up some cash to make a play for someone like Connor Pain. Not a bad swap imo

Anyway, any news on Carney out? Might free up some cash to make a play for someone like Connor Pain. Not a bad swap imo
    You don't like Carney?

Do you have a plan b now that everyone's got you worked out??
    I said nice things about the new Star Wars movie.
    You prob didn't see that coming.
    Last edited by plague; 08-01-2016 at 07:43 PM.

You don't like Carney?
    I'm not his biggest fan. He's certainly not a long term option, so if we can make some money off him now, and get a younger, faster replacement, seems like a no brainer to me.

Knowing the Jets though, we'll mutually agree to terminate his contract, pay for his flights to the middle east and play Watson on the wing for the rest of the season.

Amidoingitright?

Quote Originally Posted by Plague
    I said nice things about the new Star Wars movie.
    You prob didn't see that coming.
    You're right, I didn't. Kudos etc.

Lets hope Miller's got some surprises like that up his sleeve today!
    Last edited by Maito Mitch; 09-01-2016 at 06:40 AM.

Banned
    You're right, I didn't. Kudos etc.

Lets hope Miller's got some surprises like that up his sleeve today!
    What like play with 8 DM and 2 up front??

Or maybe go the full hog and play 10 DM and Birraz and park the bus properly??

Knowing the Jets though, we'll mutually agree to terminate his contract, pay for his flights to the middle east and play Watson on the wing for the rest of the season.
    Yeah see I was poised to give this posts many stars and rainbows but then y'all will come down on me as a negative nancy so I'll just be over here doing my thing.

(It's a good post though)

I feel the need to come to the defense of Kanta.
    The bloke is 23 or 24 still has his best Football ahead of him and Jeterpool will provide the correct figure but over 100 caps for the Club. The Club has spent too much time and money on him to just walk away from him next season. Has he done enough to warrant a pay rise? No... Has he done anything to deserve being dropped or offered a pay cut? IMO No...
    Give him another 2 year contract on the same his on now and if he thinks his worth more than good luck to him in his future endeavors.

24 years old, over 100 caps, and a local lads FFS this is someone who should be our poster boy not someone who we should just be cutting off like an infected limb.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    I feel the need to come to the defense of Kanta.
    The bloke is 23 or 24 still has his best Football ahead of him and Jeterpool will provide the correct figure but over 100 caps for the Club. The Club has spent too much time and money on him to just walk away from him next season. Has he done enough to warrant a pay rise? No... Has he done anything to deserve being dropped or offered a pay cut? IMO No...
    Give him another 2 year contract on the same his on now and if he thinks his worth more than good luck to him in his future endeavors.

24 years old, over 100 caps, and a local lads FFS this is someone who should be our poster boy not someone who we should just be cutting off like an infected limb.
    With the new salary cap allowances available to clubs I think Kanta's contract can be moved outside the cap either as our home grown player or long service player. Someone clarify that?
    Imo he should definitely be re-signed. Watson let go and also explore options releasing poljak if he doesn't bring more game in the back half of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    With the new salary cap allowances available to clubs I think Kanta's contract can be moved outside the cap either as our home grown player or long service player. Someone clarify that?
    Imo he should definitely be re-signed. Watson let go and also explore options releasing poljak if he doesn't bring more game in the back half of the season.
    Yeh thats correct! Both BK's are eligible for them. Would hoffman be eligible for the home grown player too?
    Watson needs to go. My 6 yr old daughter is better than him

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    I cant see kanta or anyone else eligible contract paid outside the cap unless the ffa find a buyer. The ffa will only pay the minimum salary cap.

I hope that Miller can turn this club around but Im concerned. The recent olyroo signing shows two things.

Firstly Miller has probably or maybe given up on this year. Otherwise why havent we ALREADY signed one or two attacking players that are needed. He said a couple of weeks ago that he wanted 2-3 players available for the first game after transfer window opened.

What has he done, signed a player where we have 4 players that can play that position. He is showing no faith in those players, 3 of which he signed. The Olyroo isnt available for 3 weeks, so he can hardly help in team in the meantime.

Secondly, Miller has shown and stated that he want Australian Under age reps to be the way forward. All good in theory, but can this club attract those players? Can we develop them?

Im a fan and i will stick solid and support the team. I will support miller, but he does worry me. I have only coached the odd under age and all age team, even I can see there is not enough attacking players or competition in the front third. Surely Miller can see the same??? Especially given his background.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post

As for Mullen you say if we can't find someone better then we keep him.
    Well finding someone better than him on less money is highly achievable as many HAL CD's are better and on less money than him so we move him on too

s
    As someone unaware of contract figures etc can you tell me:
    1) how much is Mullen on.
    2) who are the better defenders and how much they are on.
    3) why they would come to Newcastle.

I'm not his biggest fan. He's certainly not a long term option, so if we can make some money off him now, and get a younger, faster replacement, ?
    have you any idea of the players we recruit? We will find the next biggest dud to replace Carney

So i half expected to come back here and read that it had already happened but are we going to sign Nick Fitzgerald? It just seems like exactly the sort of thing we would do. Not good enough for a team coming last but because he is only 24 we will sign him and 'give him a second chance'?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.