Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: 2014 World Cup Socceroos Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Really just did not rate Wilkinson this whole tournament. He had a big part in at least half, if not more, of the goals we conceded IMO.

A shame that da memba backed him so much to make the squad - makes me feel sick tbh.
    Lucas would not of done any better IMO, Ange's choices have been justified. This World Cup has been much about preparing for the Asian Cup, add Good and Williams to the squad and I don't think Wilkinson will be getting much game time.
    Not picking Neill was a clear sign from Ange that no one has a mortgage on a shirt and it was time to change the guard.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Lucas would not of done any better IMO, Ange's choices have been justified. This World Cup has been much about preparing for the Asian Cup, add Good and Williams to the squad and I don't think Wilkinson will be getting much game time.
    Not picking Neill was a clear sign from Ange that no one has a mortgage on a shirt and it was time to change the guard.
    Yeah i agree, Wilkinson was best available but not best when everyone is available.
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Three games and we didn't even get a draw..............We are ****ing shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirt Boy View Post
    Three games and we didn't even get a draw..............We are ****ing shit.
    I disagree, I think that view is too harsh.

There were a few hard groups, but we were pretty much in the Group of Death. Both finalists from last World Cup, and a group that not even the number 1 ranked team in the world pre-tournament could make it out of. Netherlands and Chile are just on fire, and destroyed the group. And Spain had the luxury of resting/dropping 7 or so players, and still fielding a team that had Cesc & Juan Mata (among others) on the bench.

No, we didn't get a point. But I find it extremely harsh to say we were "****ing shit" due to the context.

I'm confident we would have at least got a point if we were swapped groups with Iran, Korea or Japan.
    OK

Some broken thoughts in a sleep deprived stupor which aint gonna get easier with 4 games a day -
    -Rememeber when we had timmy and hope
    -Deflated, we did well under the circumstances but prep was stupid. New coach, philosophy, blooding young players within a few months of WC. FFA were the jerks for sh1thouse organisation.
    -shouldve fkd off Neil 2yrs ago
    -We did ok but If you’re accepting that’s good enough you’re settling for under achievement
    -In general play with ball with Bresh we look like we belong in the cup without we look like amateurs trying hard
    -I think its more the golden triangle (bresh, Cahill, Kewell) then golden generation
    -Taggart and Halloran shouldnt be near a WC pitch. Go through the friendlies and learn how to play like everyone else
    -Anyone who is not going to be at the next WC gets the arse after the “Shocking Asian Cup” forever exemptions go to tim bresh for late subs
    -Jed, Leckie, Bozanic, Trioisi and McKay did look ok at this level
    -At 22 Davo did quite well
    -Who tf is Baily wright?
    -Who wont be there next time due to age? Jedinak, McKay, bresh, Tim, wilkinson(and maybe cause useless gypo)

Finally, who would you development for our first 11 for next WC?
    Last edited by hawk; 24-06-2014 at 11:35 AM.

Tommy Oar just isn't that good. Ryan McGowan is hopeless.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Oh yeah....and Forster should just give up
    Imagine Forster and Harper together ...

Quote Originally Posted by stormypete View Post
    Imagine Forster and Harper together ...
    That's just mean. And disturbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeen View Post
    Tommy Oar just isn't that good. Ryan McGowan is hopeless.
    Watch the Villa goal..where he starts his run from and who's supposed to be marking him.
    Caught ball watching BIG TIME!

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    Watch the Villa goal..where he starts his run from and who's supposed to be marking him.
    Caught ball watching BIG TIME!
    Agreed but good god what is Wilko doing for that goal? He actually looks like he's tried to synchronize movements with Spira. I put equal blame on both McGowan & Wilko for that goal.
    OK

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    i blame wilko more than mcgowan for that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Ryan still isn't impressing me. Should have given Langerak a game.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

I may be a little wrong but I'm pretty sure 7 of the 9 goals we conceded in this cup were down the right fullbacks side. To me that shows Ange's mistake with going with only 1 right fullback of only A league quality. Not taking proper cover was a mistake. He should have kept wilkshire in the squad as cover for either side of the defence and a bit of experience. One of the extra midfielders that didn't get a kick should have been left out.

I think if Spain had played us first they would still be in this cup.

Or even if he wanted another midfielder, should have kept Brillante who can play at RB.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by redwah View Post
    I may be a little wrong but I'm pretty sure 7 of the 9 goals we conceded in this cup were down the right fullbacks side. To me that shows Ange's mistake with going with only 1 right fullback of only A league quality. Not taking proper cover was a mistake. He should have kept wilkshire in the squad as cover for either side of the defence and a bit of experience. One of the extra midfielders that didn't get a kick should have been left out.

I think if Spain had played us first they would still be in this cup.
    Wiltshire apparently didn't look after his injuries to a standard the medicos wanted, or upload his training and nutrition data ange wanted.

He didn't do what the coach asked, he's hardly gonna get picked.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    Wiltshire apparently didn't look after his injuries to a standard the medicos wanted, or upload his training and nutrition data ange wanted.

He didn't do what the coach asked, he's hardly gonna get picked.
    If that's the case he stuffed up royally. He should have played all three games and we could have got something from all. Franjic and McGowan were both caught out of position or ball watching and it cost us big time.

Just saw this going on facey..

Foul, not fight.

But the "get ****ed ****" gif is undeniable.

Quote Originally Posted by redwah View Post
    If that's the case he stuffed up royally. He should have played all three games and we could have got something from all. Franjic and McGowan were both caught out of position or ball watching and it cost us big time.
    Who stuffed up? Ange or the player?

If a coach sets a standard and a player doesnt meet it, the coach would be a fool to turn a blind eye, it'd undermine his own authority.

I read somewhere ange wanted all the lads to use an app to record training and nutrition data, Wiltshire didn't..... What's a coach to do.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    Who stuffed up? Ange or the player?

If a coach sets a standard and a player doesnt meet it, the coach would be a fool to turn a blind eye, it'd undermine his own authority.

I read somewhere ange wanted all the lads to use an app to record training and nutrition data, Wiltshire didn't..... What's a coach to do.
    Exactly.