Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 FFA Cup - Rd of 32 Newcastle Jets vs Perth Glory 5/8/14 k/off 730pm

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Pretty unimpressed with our club helping this young bloke out in his hour of need.

Considering the bloke has actually struck it quite lucky (Not being smart) and was injured during work and will have his medical bills workos compo and couple of year contract to fall back on to help him out having us throw a few dollars more his way is really smart.

Lets not forget the bloke will probably be looked after by the Knights/NRL for employment for the rest of his life and then lets not forget whatever money the NRL raised the other month and am pretty certain the bloke isn't eating Whiskas on bread for the rest of his life.

Many others in the community suffer similar injuries and don't have the luxury and support this bloke has had and who have far worse prospects than Alex does and are most likely in need of the assistance at a more pressing rate it is rather offensive to me that we are having a whip around to benefit him.

Not trying to make light of his predicament but it is not right when there are so many more people worse off and in more need for it

What next a whip around next time James Packer falls off his polo horse to cover his medical bills???
    you're embarrassing
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Disinterested Bystander View Post
    Where was he having a go at the guy who got injured? It reads to me that the member was merely questioning the media attention and resultant fund raising that has gone on for a guy who is probably getting the best available medical/rehab attention, will likely continue to do so, and has a 'job for life' from the NRL. Compare this to the average punter off the street who suffers a similar injury - once their workers comp insurance runs out, assuming the injury happened at work, they'll go back to bare basics in terms of rehab/medical unless they've got the cash to fund it for themselves, plus they'd have a remote chance of getting a job of any type post injury.
    Precisely Right.

Glad there are people out there who can actually read what is written and not go jumping off half cocked over something that was never said

Would rather we were kicking a tin around for some poor battlers from Woodberry who are struggling to make ends meet at the best of times and need to fly their sick child to the US for life saving bone marrow transplant treatment or something like that. There are plenty of them out there and we do **** all for them

Alex has been well looked after by the Rugby League community as well as being looked after by the fact he was injured whilst at work and not in his own time like the fate many others are unfortunate to suffer.

We would be better off helping these people rather than someone who doesn't need it as much.

We were talking about values we want in our club yet we do absolutely **** all for the needy in our society yet we have people here defending the middle class welfare our club are kicking into a cause that has already been well supported to the tune of $$$1.1million with the Rise For Alex Round the other week and doesn't need our assistance.

Go Figure??

maybe we should have a whiparound every week and you can be the CEO of the MFKS foundation, helping out the downtrodden battlers of newy

can we get back to the football please ffs
    do we really need to be debating the merits of fundraising for someone who will never walk again?
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Completely agree with MFKS.

The growth of charity has coincided with the government's gradual withdrawal from the welfare sector. I'd prefer a public safety net that treats everyone who is harmed according to their need.

Why should the quality of your care depend on your fame, on whether celebrities campaign to raise funds for you, or on whether you employ good torts lawyers?

fairdinkum i was only trying to help Griff And Al

but since there's terrible public outrage, why is there not a whip round for MH17? i would think death is serious enough.

Ok, a few of you on here making massive assumptions about the poor blokes finances need to shut up because you're embarrassing yourselves.
    Fact is the max payout he was entitled to under the existing insurance policy is $70,000.
    That's it.
    The bloke may never walk again.
    $70,000.
    That is a fact.

Think, it's free.

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    Completely agree with MFKS.

The growth of charity has coincided with the government's gradual withdrawal from the welfare sector. I'd prefer a public safety net that treats everyone who is harmed according to their need.

Why should the quality of your care depend on your fame, on whether celebrities campaign to raise funds for you, or on whether you employ good torts lawyers?
    haha as if this is what he meant

Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Think, it's free.
    Agreed, but for some it's painful.

Ok, a few of you on here making massive assumptions about the poor blokes finances need to shut up because you're embarrassing yourselves.
    Fact is the max payout he was entitled to under the existing insurance policy is $70,000.
    That's it.
    The bloke may never walk again.
    $70,000.
    That is a fact.

Think, it's free.
    is entitled to $500,000 according to this
    http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...-1226999104249

wouldve got heaps more playing AFL or Union

the a league is a bit of a worry

Quote Originally Posted by Nou Camp View Post
    is entitled to $500,000 according to this
    http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...-1226999104249

wouldve got heaps more playing AFL or Union

the a league is a bit of a worry
    Re: the $500k.
    It's been widely reported but it's not the real number.
    Trust me.

Don't get me wrong, the insurance company 'could' pay that amount but according to them the most they are the hook for is the $70k.

PR nightmare for them if they take the cheaper option.

So Why is Hersi ruled out of the game? Zads and Griffiths have knee injuries I see.

Banned
    Whatever issues the NRL have with their insurance contract for their players is down to their incompetence no one else.

The bloke is still going to be reasonably well off financially after the incident.

It ain't like many others in the community who's family life is destroyed short term medium term and long term when someone loses their income making ability due to an injury sustained.

May I also point out as the bloke was also the victim of a tackle that is illegal the option of civil suit is there.

Point stills stands WHY IS OUR CLUB DOING VERY LITTLE TO HELP THE LITTLE GUY IN THE COMMUNITY WHO HAS BEEN ****ED OVER BY CIRCUMSTANCE OUTSIDE THEIR CONTROL ???

Yet we can help someone who's circumstances are a bit more fortunate???

Can we move this to the Rugby League thread if we want to keep debating the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Can we move this to the Rugby League thread if we want to keep debating the issue?
    No, because Member is pointing out faults with our club and society in general rather than Rugby League itself.
    Member has obviously never done anything nice for anyone ever in his life.
    Top bloke. Liberal preselection is on soon, he should consider running.

No, because Member is pointing out faults with our club and society in general rather than Rugby League itself.

His me thinking all along that you were a righty
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Banned
    So here I am calling for us to do the nice thing for people not in a position to receive assistance and worse off than Alex yet apparently I am a **** of the highest order.

BIZARRE WORLD

Banned
    On another note those actually planning on going to the game Parking is a bit of an issue around Magic Park last night.

Basketball Stadium and Tennis were in full swing

Add in the crowd for the Magic Strikers game made the area a bit packed.

Being the Jets will probably get more than 1.5k for their game may need to factor this in for your arrival transport plans etc

On another note those actually planning on going to the game Parking is a bit of an issue around Magic Park last night.

Basketball Stadium and Tennis were in full swing

Add in the crowd for the Magic Strikers game made the area a bit packed.

Being the Jets will probably get more than 1.5k for their game may need to factor this in for your arrival transport plans etc
    Cheers

So here I am calling for us to do the nice thing for people not in a position to receive assistance and worse off than Alex yet apparently I am a **** of the highest order.

BIZARRE WORLD
    only because you're trying to save face with a lame attempt to recontextualise your earlier disgraceful post