Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Rd 1 Central Coast Mariners Vs Newcastle Jets 11/10/14 k/off 5:00pm AEDST

Well typical jets

P.s pulse yeww
    Quote Originally Posted by benfathers45 View Post
    Mangoes? You should try eating it first before you hate it. I'm sure after you have tasted it, you will love it.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Have we ever scored the first goal in a season?
    I think so. I'll get back to you
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    I thought on the whole we played like we cared for the first time in 5 years.
    But I did have a restricted view and sun was in my eyes.
    I thought the same and was watching from home. Personally I saw enough today to be reasonably optimistic.

The pressing of the Mariners backline worked a treat. However if a team does that to us we'll struggle. We have got the squad to play out under pressure.

I thought pepper and Gallagher played well. Griff did alright and montano is solid. Virgilli was predictable in always going right. He needs to vary it up. Playing him so wide restricted the opportunities for Neville to press higher or run through.

Carney, I thought, didn't show near enough urgency tracking back after a foray forward. We'll get exposed there too. At least if he turns it over, Gallaway chases after it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Um, i think you'll need to do this alone.
    Lol
    Damn phone.

Game last night was an early indication that we will be bottom dwellers again, with the mariners. City v sydney was a far higher quality, as was wanderers v victory.

Comments as I'm watching the replay:

- E&C strip this year is truly awesome
    - Jets started very well. Montaño mobile and lively
    - Regan yellow undeserved
    - the ideas are there but the passes aren't sticking. Hopefully just early rust.
    - Steele with a few loose touches, crosses and shots. Needs to sharpen up a bit.
    - Both wide men Virgilli too needs to take his chances. Seems to shoot without placement. Commentators said he hasn't scored in 50 games. Is that right?
    - Virgilli seems to lose concentration and ball watch. CC should have scored when he failed to track Josh Rose. His centring ball just didn't find feet.
    - what does everyone else think of defensive mid. I think the Pepper/Reagan combination was pretty good.
    - overall impression was really good one for the team. Love Neville and Carney out wide. Jaliens was great. Play was a lot more creative than we have seen in years. I think the only thing is that the wide men need to sharpen up (Steele, Virgilli, Hoole). Particularly Steele as we have a real potent weapon in Carney down the left and he needs someone down that side who is going to hold onto the ball and not give it away cheaply. Steele put the team under way too much pressure by giving away the ball cheaply. Steele, Gallaway take your pick. I'd give Steele a chance to improve his touch because he seems to be a bit more creative than Gallaway.
    Last edited by hausmann; 12-10-2014 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    I thought on the whole we played like we cared for the first time in 5 years.
    But I did have a restricted view and sun was in my eyes.
    +1. Easily the most passion the team has shown as a whole for this fixture in recent memory.

Plenty of positives to draw from this performance. Have faith

Virgilli is not HAL level . The sooner people start to realise if it were not for his speed he has nothing else going for him.

Should be back in interdistrict playing all age , Has no football brain whatsoever.

I do massively applaud that nearly all here and in the stands can be positive in our constant situation BUT
    for me at the moment....

most passion, played well, promising signs, will improve,
    need some luck, switch a couple of positions, tried hard,
    some good touches, fix some passing, have players to do the job.

always almost...fk the talk, still fkn losers

ok, back to finding the fixes
    Last edited by hawk; 12-10-2014 at 12:42 PM.

Didn't deserve to lose. They weren't great but they could have easily snatched it on another day. Ref was ordinary - 4 yellows to us and not one to the scum? How about the professional fouls on Flores to consistently break up our play? We've got a lot more in the front 3rd then we have in years - we just need the combinations to click. 25 crosses to 10, 7 corners to 0 suggests we're finally getting the ball up there - just need to work on that final step.

I liked Steele in pre-season but he was sloppy yesterday - I get the feeling he's the sort of player that will really fire in front of home fans.

All you ****ers in doom and gloom mode should go and support Perth. This club is in the state it's in because of a range of factors, pessimistic fans being one of them.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    spewing
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    Didn't deserve to lose. They weren't great but they could have easily snatched it on another day. Ref was ordinary - 4 yellows to us and not one to the scum? How about the professional fouls on Flores to consistently break up our play? We've got a lot more in the front 3rd then we have in years - we just need the combinations to click. 25 crosses to 10, 7 corners to 0 suggests we're finally getting the ball up there - just need to work on that final step.

I liked Steele in pre-season but he was sloppy yesterday - I get the feeling he's the sort of player that will really fire in front of home fans.

All you ****ers in doom and gloom mode should go and support Perth. This club is in the state it's in because of a range of factors, pessimistic fans being one of them.
    What do you mean we didn't deserve to lose??

Mariners controlled the game. They keep it tight at the back and play on the counter. That is their style they were not at their most fluid yet still played the game the way they wanted it played

Yeah we had field position and more ball but they looked more dangerous than we did when going forward. FFS despite all our ball we rarely looked like scoring. Reddy made what one save of note from the disallowed goal. The rest of the time he was having a ****ing beer

You can blow as much smoke up the clubs arse as you like. End of the day the Gypos were not that good and with the score at 0-0 with us looking reasonably comfortable the chance was there for us to push on and win it and get the elephant off the back. No we didn't even really look like we we gonna do that. We ballsed it up and couldn't even hold onto a draw.

To blame fans for being pessimistic is a reason for our predicament is complete BULLSHIT. The fans ripped in and did their part as they do week in week out.

If the club want their fans being in a better frame of mind how about getting their shit in order and giving us something to cheer for instead of the usual tried hard we was robbed mantra.

NEVER SURRENDER >> Fans don't >> Club though would fold if they drew pocket aces

the mariners did not control the game.

at all.

Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    the mariners did not control the game.

at all.
    Field position and possession do not mean you control the game. Except if you are GVE

The game was played on the the Gypos terms not ours

yeah not really though

The big thing to take from that is that we have the players to make this season work. Everyone on that pitch, minus Virgili and Regan were either consistently impressive or showed flashes of brilliance.

I would say Birraz, minus the slip up at the end where he terribly mis-judged play was good.

The back line was solid. Jaliens was the highlight of the team for me, Neville and Carney were good running down the flanks and I'd say with a better player to link up with Neville can show off more of what he was doing last season. Carney does need to get a bit more urgency getting back, but I still would choose him over Gallaway. Gallagher I didn't notice much but for my money that means he made few mistakes so I'd say he also performed quite well.

Regan was very unimpressive for me, he showed heart but not much else, whereas Pepper was quality and was getting the ball forward more often than not, which is what a player in his position should be doing. Steele was sloppy in parts but showed off flashes off brilliance that make me believe that with some tightening up he will be a powerful asset. Virgili was typical Virgili. I'd say Hoole or Flores would be better option to replace Virgili for the start and Caravella would make a better start over Regan

Up front I thought Griff and Montano did very well. Griff did what we all know he could and Montano looked like a good addition to the squad, with Jeronimo coming on too late to really make an impression for me

^^^ fair call..

I mentioned to few too that they all look a lot trimmer, especially Kew.

It was a massive step in the right direction.

Gotta back it up now.

did anyone notice that we were avoiding Regan when passing around in midfield and defence?

My favourite part of the game was the mariners crowd singing, "Who do we sing for? We sing for yellow!"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    My favourite part of the game was the mariners crowd singing, "Who do we sing for? We sing for yellow!"
    Yeah It was bad

The marching band was a ****ing joke also. Far too ****ing American and plastic but hey its the Coast who have NFI

Still can't work out why they are allowed to fire a cannon and firecrackers yet the fans are allowed no pyro