Page 83 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 1953

Thread: You know what really grinds my gears?

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    100%

And I believe we'll find there is no gender pay gap when looking at it that way.

Anyone feel free to show me relevant examples to prove me wrong.
    and in certain places actually more for women.
    Amigos Aarau

Workplace equality works both ways. When did you last see a young guy as a receptionist?

The quota ideas - which could result in women getting jobs even if there are 20 blokes far better qualified are bizarre.

And shock of shocks, there are still a host of girls out there whose ambition in life is to be a yummy mummy and grab a husband in a high paying job and never work again.

Banned
    Airports

Nothing I think brings out the stupid in society more than airports

Currently in an an international departure terminal and some dumb **** is trying to negotiate a purchase not in the local currency but in US $$

Now the staff are happy to take his US$$ but the dumb **** wants to argue with them on the FX exchange rate and what they offering ain't fair etc

15 mins of arguing with them later he just takes their offer and gets his food

#Dickhead

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Workplace equality works both ways. When did you last see a young guy as a receptionist?
    agree.

when did you last see a young guy wanting to be a receptionist. It isnt a comfortable fit for most/ nearly all men imo.

The council did have one because he was moved into it and he was good. Not there now.

We have govt work places bringing in several minority positions regardless of academic attainment or job experience. Bad enough when the boss gets the nephew/niece in but this isnt equity.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    agree.

when did you last see a young guy wanting to be a receptionist. It isnt a comfortable fit for most/ nearly all men imo.

The council did have one because he was moved into it and he was good. Not there now.

We have govt work places bringing in several minority positions regardless of academic attainment or job experience. Bad enough when the boss gets the nephew/niece in but this isnt equity.
    I paid a bill the other day for some renovations and the receptionist that greeted me was a super-hot female with a magnificent rack. I'd hate to have affirmative action take this away from me and others by employing more male receptionists.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I paid a bill the other day for some renovations and the receptionist that greeted me was a super-hot female with a magnificent rack. I'd hate to have affirmative action take this away from me and others by employing more male receptionists.
    I didn't before, but I suddenly feel I need to inquire about having renovations done.. Where was this exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    I didn't before, but I suddenly feel I need to inquire about having renovations done.. Where was this exactly?
    I am guessing it was probably his house he was renovating.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    I don't have any need for renovations

But this super hot female with a magnificent rack

Where can I find her at ??

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    I don't have any need for renovations

But this super hot female with a magnificent rack

Where can I find her at ??
    The rack weighs more than your self-imposed cutoff point. Move along

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    You can have a decent rack without being fat you do realise??

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    OK

Pics or it didn't happen....

Another thing I can't stand at the moment is taking retrospective judgement on past behaviour. Don Burke is the latest example - some of that behaviour is a bit ordinary but much of it was typical of men in power 30 years ago. It was what it was - if it was actually illegal under laws at the time (such as sexual assault) then that is a different matter. Why does this come out after all this time and get judged against current standards. I know there are things I have done long ago that would be frowned upon now. Things like grabbing an arse or commenting on cleavage in the workplace or putting up a norks calendar.

Same with TV - "Love Thy Neighbour", "Till Death Us Do Part", "Black and White Minstrel Show" and even "Roots" cannot be repeated on modern TV because of their "racist" overtones. But historically that is what it was like then! Ray Martin tried to stop the last run of "Love Thy Neighbour" on Seven because it was "disrespectful to the Aboriginal community" - ffs.

Yet extreme violence, sex and swearing are all fine on TV now.

are you saying she's not really a nurse?

The issue is with shift workers more so than actual occupations. Biomedical studies on time restricted eating for many years have shown that for nurses or indeed anyone working similar hours obesity and other health issues is the result. Type 2 diabetes is apparently a major issue for many shift workers as well. Precarious work hours and casulisation is found to have similar effects. But the good news is that it keeps the junk take-away and highly refined junk food manufacturers who hand bags of money to politicians cashed up. So it won't be going away anytime soon.

With respect to the article in the link it's pretty poor on economic / financial matters. The NHS doesn't have any issues with respect to funding because England's government is a monopolist supplier of its own currency - they can buy any good or service they want as long as it's available in their currency. Any budget constraints they have are self imposed / political - not economic or financial.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 02-12-2017 at 10:22 AM.

Newcastle Transport's new bus system coming next year
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    The issue is with shift workers more so than actual occupations. Biomedical studies on time restricted eating for many years have shown that for nurses or indeed anyone working similar hours obesity and other health issues is the result. Type 2 diabetes is apparently a major issue for many shift workers as well. Precarious work hours and casulisation is found to have similar effects. But the good news is that it keeps the junk take-away and highly refined junk food manufacturers who hand bags of money to politicians cashed up. So it won't be going away anytime soon.

With respect to the article in the link it's pretty poor on economic / financial matters. The NHS doesn't have any issues with respect to funding because England's government is a monopolist supplier of its own currency - they can buy any good or service they want as long as it's available in their currency. Any budget constraints they have are self imposed / political - not economic or financial.
    The irony of health and adding the female dominant work place gives it more appeal to today's outraged. Yes it is really about shift workers for all ages etc.

I hated dog watch although some permanents do love it

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Newcastle Transport's new bus system coming next year
    how so?
    Amigos Aarau

Quote Originally Posted by goaliepersempre View Post
    how so?
    All buses changing number and routes all changing pretty much
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by goaliepersempre View Post
    how so?
    They boast that they have nearly doubled the number of bus routes available without first stating that they have doubled because most of them have been cut in half and you need to catch two buses to get to your destination.

It's pretty shambolic.