Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Miller - He's Out (pg 25)

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Considering the list of Footballers that have done well since coming through our club lately maybe GVE was just a massive wanker and not useless at coaching after all.. HAHA... That said, maybe they know how to train young players up to a good level but don't know how to convert it to on-field quality.
    Sarcasm ? Because I cannot think of any players the Jets developed / produced that went on to the next level.

Taggz - club gave him game time - not much else.
    beard - See above.
    Chapman - see above
    Hoole - Club probably did more damage to the kid than help his progress.
    Goodwin: See Above
    Hoffman: See Above

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    beard - See above.
    Chapman - see above
    Another major factor here is how many of these kids that we apparently developed actually gave the club a 'return' on their leaving?

Did we get any money for any of them?
    Most of them couldnt wait to get out of here.
    We certainly didn't win anything with them.

So whether GVE lucked out with talent or not the end result is that through piss poor management at all levels within the club the entire experiment was nothing but a massive failure.

Sarcasm ? Because I cannot think of any players the Jets developed / produced that went on to the next level.

beard - See above.
    Chapman - see above
    I'd argue we developed Song.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    He was representing his country at Olympic level before he played for the Jets and pretty much slotted straight into the Jets lineup upon arrival.

I would very confidently say that he was developed long before he became a Jet.

All the Jets offered him was game time which he might have struggled to get at a big Korean club given their stock of similar type players.

He may have matured a little while a Jet but I don't think he developed technically or tactically due to any influence for GVE - unless you count learning how to deal with a dickhead coach.

He was representing his country at Olympic level before he played for the Jets and pretty much slotted straight into the Jets lineup upon arrival.

I would very confidently say that he was developed long before he became a Jet.

All the Jets offered him was game time which he might have struggled to get at a big Korean club given their stock of similar type players.

He may have matured a little while a Jet but I don't think he developed technically or tactically due to any influence for GVE - unless you count learning how to deal with a dickhead coach.
    I can accept your point. He came to the league to learn how to handle a more physical league which is something that he developed. I don't recall him being the finished article when he arrived but he certainly had something about him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

I can accept your point. He came to the league to learn how to handle a more physical league which is something that he developed. I don't recall him being the finished article when he arrived but he certainly had something about him.
    Agree - I'd trade Leonardo and Poljak for Song without any hesitation.

Would love to see him back here. He signed a 3 year contract in 2012 in Korea. Not sure of his current status.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 12-01-2016 at 02:02 PM.

Very well in JP. I'll give the Jets that one. He was better when he left, he helped us win and we maybe even got some money for him (?).

Ok that's one player in 10 years. I can totally see why Miller likes this strategy.

beard - See above.
    Chapman - see above
    On Taggz, his lucky break was Heskey getting injured....Taggz owes whoever took out big Emile in that pre-season game that led to him being out for half the season, allowing Taggz to cement his place in the starting line-up and as they say the rest is history. He got a chance and took the opportunity with both hands which is something you got to do as a young player, Jackson and Cowburn have both done and proven they are up to this level but the other just haven't stepped up to the plate.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Considering the list of Footballers that have done well since coming through our club lately maybe GVE was just a massive wanker and not useless at coaching after all.. HAHA... That said, maybe they know how to train young players up to a good level but don't know how to convert it to on-field quality.
    Having watched a bit of the EJ program you could make quite a case that they have NFI what they are doing really.

Someone has their nice new shiny KNVB approved FFA certificate that looks ****ing great but they have no ****ing idea in actually turning the kids potential into quality players.

All they can harp on with is their KNVB Mantra which actually achieves ****ing nothing.

95% of the kids in the EJ program have NFI about playing without the ball. They just run into general areas on the field.

No anticipating no tackling skills no isolating players with the ball no ****ing nothing.

The kids ain't being taught how to win a football game at all

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Very well in JP. I'll give the Jets that one. He was better when he left, he helped us win and we maybe even got some money for him (?).

Ok that's one player in 10 years. I can totally see why Miller likes this strategy.
    It makes perfect sense and provided nobody moves onto other clubs or deteriorates as they get older we should be able to develop a quality team in around 200 years.

#buildingforthefuture

It makes perfect sense and provided nobody moves onto other clubs or deteriorates as they get older we should be able to develop a quality team in around 200 years.

#buildingforthefuture
    I wish I had your kind of optimism..

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    It is down to pot luck and their own talent that got them opportunity outside of Australia because it ain't down to our club providing a quality environment for them to flourish and develop
    I'd say the Jets are doing everything in their power to help Birraz flourish at the moment. What better way then to let the other side run attacking drills for 90 minutes? Although I'd rather he stagnate in goals and not see the ****ing ball every 30 seconds...

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    I'd say the Jets are doing everything in their power to help Birraz flourish at the moment. What better way then to let the other side run attacking drills for 90 minutes? Although I'd rather he stagnate in goals and not see the ****ing ball every 30 seconds...
    Maybe the FFA understand that Birraz is their biggest asset at the moment so they've told Miller to make him look amazing so they can bank the transfer fee. We already sold Leaky G and replaced him with 2 much cheaper players and might sell Cabbage as well. Make some money off the jets to spend of Marketing in Melbourne for the Geelong team.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Camel View Post
    I agree with your first half but not the last paragraph. Carney, whilst skillful is the second laziest player in the comp (Trifunovic being lazier and never played at a decent European level) and Leonardo has played at a decent level in Europe but is never on the park.

Boogaard and Birraz are the only two players we have that could realistically go to most clubs and get a run, the rest of them are shithouse
    i meant triffo and enver, i barely even consider leonardo a jets player

yes triffo is lazy but that doesn't mean we couldn't be untilising him more effectively, instead of leaving him isolated 4-on-1 every game.

carney is the laziest player in the league, but get him in and around the box and he'll make stuff happen
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

beard - See above.
    Chapman - see above

Taggz - Did ok to go OS. Was never good enough to handle it. Will be good in HAL again
    beard - Overrated, no loss, at least having a go OS, will come back tail between legs
    Chapman - Just up to level, no loss
    Hoole - Judas, FO
    Goodwin: Fk him too
    Hoffman: LOL

New to the forum and ive seen alot of interesting comments regarding Miller. Unfortunately ive lost faith in Miller and JPM and ill tell you why. We have a Head Coach who was a fitness and assistant coach for almost a decade (not sure exactly how long he was at fullham) in England and an assistant coach who last season coached a team to a grand final win yet these two coaches can't come up with any better tactic than sit deep, don't commit man forward and hope for the best.

This head coach also plays people out of position, refuses to give youth a chance over certain first team players who have been beyond rubbish this season Watson Trifunovic Alidovic etc yet still play every game and ALMOST always makes defensive substitutions when we are trying to win a game or the game is in the balance and we need a spark. Also this so called defensive stability he has brought to the team is rubbish. We don't apply pressure to the ball carrier concede shots galore and rely on Birraz and BK to fingers crossed save everything or lets face it we lose 4-0 every week. Also if were going to play so defensive we need all 11 players working their buts off to defend and contain the opposition so by playing Carney and Trifunovic who are some of the laziest players I have ever seen were always 2 man down we when lose the ball.

My last point will be that Miller singed Trifunovic and Leonardo so as if he didn't know leonardo had a chronic knee problem and Trifunovic wasn't a lone striker type of player. Ill finish with we play in a league where there is no relegation so there is nothing to lose by setting up the team to have a dig push forward and maybe nick a goal or even TRY DIFFERENT TACTICS FOR ONCE.
    Last edited by StannyCFCJET; 16-01-2016 at 09:21 PM. Reason: wrong word choice

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    New to the forum and ive seen alot of interesting comments regarding Miller. Unfortunately ive lost faith in Miller and JPM and ill tell you why. We have a Head Coach who was a fitness and assistant coach for almost a decade (not sure exactly how long he was at fullham) in England and an assistant coach who last season coached a team to a grand final win yet these two coaches can't come up with any better tactic than sit deep, don't commit man forward and hope for the best.

This head coach also plays people out of position, refuses to give youth a chance over certain first team players who have been beyond rubbish this season Watson Trifunovic Alidovic etc yet still play every game and ALMOST always makes defensive substitutions when we are trying to win a game or the game is in the balance and we need a spark. Also this so called defensive stability he has brought to the team is rubbish. We don't apply pressure to the ball carrier concede shots galore and rely on Birraz and BK to fingers crossed save everything or lets face it we lose 4-0 every week. Also if were going to play so defensive we need all 11 players working their buts off to defend and contain the opposition so by playing Carney and Trifunovic who are some of the laziest players I have ever seen were always 2 man down we when lose the ball.

My last point will be that Miller singed Trifunovic and Leonardo so as if he didn't know leonardo had a chronic knee problem and Trifunovic wasn't a lone striker type of player. Ill finish with we play in a league where there is no relegation so there is nothing to lose by setting up the team to have a dig push forward and maybe nick a goal or even TRY DIFFERENT TACTICS FOR ONCE.
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post

Nail? Meet head.

Good to see the bloke running the Captain Obvious multi finally reveal himself.

Welcome aboard champion.

Great first post
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast