Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Miller - He's Out (pg 25)

Ill give miller credit for the way he treats the fans and has reconnected the club and players with the community but that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Ill give miller credit for the way he treats the fans and has reconnected the club and players with the community but that's it.
    Really???.... From best post to worst post ...
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

He makes the players applaud the fans after games and has helped the jets establish good community outings.

He makes the players applaud the fans after games and has helped the jets establish good community outings.
    In 10 years I've never felt so disconnected
    Dare to Zlatan

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    New to the forum and ive seen alot of interesting comments regarding Miller. Unfortunately ive lost faith in Miller and JPM and ill tell you why. We have a Head Coach who was a fitness and assistant coach for almost a decade (not sure exactly how long he was at fullham) in England and an assistant coach who last season coached a team to a grand final win yet these two coaches can't come up with any better tactic than sit deep, don't commit man forward and hope for the best.

This head coach also plays people out of position, refuses to give youth a chance over certain first team players who have been beyond rubbish this season Watson Trifunovic Alidovic etc yet still play every game and ALMOST always makes defensive substitutions when we are trying to win a game or the game is in the balance and we need a spark. Also this so called defensive stability he has brought to the team is rubbish. We don't apply pressure to the ball carrier concede shots galore and rely on Birraz and BK to fingers crossed save everything or lets face it we lose 4-0 every week. Also if were going to play so defensive we need all 11 players working their buts off to defend and contain the opposition so by playing Carney and Trifunovic who are some of the laziest players I have ever seen were always 2 man down we when lose the ball.

My last point will be that Miller singed Trifunovic and Leonardo so as if he didn't know leonardo had a chronic knee problem and Trifunovic wasn't a lone striker type of player. Ill finish with we play in a league where there is no relegation so there is nothing to lose by setting up the team to have a dig push forward and maybe nick a goal or even TRY DIFFERENT TACTICS FOR ONCE.
    love at first sight
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Welcome - great post.

Only thing Ill say is the injury to Haliti might have forced the whole sole striker thing. No excuse though as we have other options for that role beside Trifunovic - they are just being ignored

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Did anyone see the Leicester v City game this morning?
    Did anyone see what happened around the 60min mark?
    Did anyone see Ranieri, and his £17m squad against a £309m squad comfortably holding a 0-0 draw?
    Did anyone see at the 60min mark, knowing a point would take him equal top of the EPL, Ranieri decide he didn't want a draw, so he subs on a 2nd striker and tries to win the damn game.
    So while a bunch of you would have cried into your weet-bix about squad sizes and money, a coach showed some balls and went out there to win the game regardless of what others thought of his squad.

Ranieri just clowned all of you defending Miller and his cowardly tactics.
    Accept it, the bloke demands way more courage from his players than he's ever willing to supply himself.
    I love this and its one of the things that i have critizised miller for. A good coach with good tactics can make any squad decent and competitive

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Facts are you aint improving as a coach
    Facts are the team are not improving as a group
    Facts are the players Birraz aside are showing no signs of improving as players

Facts are 8 games at home ONLY 4 goals scored

Facts are your failing
    Away to Adelaide he quoted the stats and said we had 60% possession away from home so we did ok. He did this to hide the face we didnt shoot once or get out of our half. So Mr Miller YOU DO FOCUS ON STATS jesus our coach spouts soo much BS. Its like The Special One without the coaching ability to back it up. He also mentions the pass completion and possession every week but its easy to pass between centrebacks every week
    Last edited by StannyCFCJET; 20-01-2016 at 04:31 PM.

Sign him up to a 5 yr contract.

Quote Originally Posted by rhysd View Post
    Sign him up to a 5 yr contract.
    along with watson and leonardo

'sup boys?
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

i do enjoy that for a bloke who has worked ever so hard to get our defence in order has quite the terrible time defending a 1-0 lead.........
    or a 1-1 draw.
    or a 2-1 deficit.
    or a 3-1 deficit.
    or a 4-1 deficit.
    or a 5-1 deficit.
    or a 6-1 deficit.

Give him credit though there was no way that 7th goal was getting through his WALL OF AWESOME DEFENSIVENESS!!!!
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    i do enjoy that for a bloke who has worked ever so hard to get our defence in order has quite the terrible time defending a 1-0 lead.........
    or a 1-1 draw.
    or a 2-1 deficit.
    or a 3-1 deficit.
    or a 4-1 deficit.
    or a 5-1 deficit.
    or a 6-1 deficit.

Give him credit though there was no way that 7th goal was getting through his WALL OF AWESOME DEFENSIVENESS!!!!
    I love you Plague
    Dare to Zlatan

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    I love you Plague
    me too.
    Seems like I am WRONG

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    one step forward, six steps back
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Tried to chase the game after going down to 10 by keeping 2 up front and getting some more pace in midfield with Cowburn. It obviously went horribly wrong but I thought you all wanted us to go and attack?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by idontwannaplaywithhowey View Post
    Tried to chase the game after going down to 10 by keeping 2 up front and getting some more pace in midfield with Cowburn. It obviously went horribly wrong but I thought you all wanted us to go and attack?

I ain't gonna be critical of him for one thing yesterday.

Yesterday we were trying to attack. Can't fault that.

Can't fault it at all.

Even when down 4-1 5-1 6-1 etc we were trying to score. Can not fault that at all.
    A positive to come out of yesterday for certain

Their application without the ball though was a disgrace.

Says something that we have got 3 reds and a shit load of yellows this season and we aren't even a dirty side. We barely make a tackle FFS

Just a stupid side who give away dumb free kicks repeatedly.

Where is the discipline and commitment??

Millertime though has a lot to answer for what happened between 15 mins and 45 mins
    The last 45mins and the score blowing out to 6-1 is not the issue

Where Miller failed yesterday was his inability to stop a side as shit as Perth are and were playing in the first 15mins and who was on the back foot from turning it around and ****ing us up the arse constantly for the last 30 mins of the half

There were plenty of easily spotable issues that were not dealt with on the run.

That is what cost us the game.

The second half debacle was just more evidence of why our senior players are shit and need to go
    Mullen Carney Milos Poljak etc
    Where the **** was the leadership from any of them???

To give one bloke credit yesterday have to take hats off to the Hoff. Busted his arse

I ain't gonna be critical of him for one thing yesterday.

Yesterday we were trying to attack. Can't fault that.

Can't fault it at all.

Even when down 4-1 5-1 6-1 etc we were trying to score. Can not fault that at all.
    A positive to come out of yesterday for certain

Their application without the ball though was a disgrace.

Says something that we have got 3 reds and a shit load of yellows this season and we aren't even a dirty side. We barely make a tackle FFS

Just a stupid side who give away dumb free kicks repeatedly.

Where is the discipline and commitment??

Millertime though has a lot to answer for what happened between 15 mins and 45 mins
    The last 45mins and the score blowing out to 6-1 is not the issue

Where Miller failed yesterday was his inability to stop a side as shit as Perth are and were playing in the first 15mins and who was on the back foot from turning it around and ****ing us up the arse constantly for the last 30 mins of the half

There were plenty of easily spotable issues that were not dealt with on the run.

That is what cost us the game.

The second half debacle was just more evidence of why our senior players are shit and need to go
    Mullen Carney Milos Poljak etc
    Where the **** was the leadership from any of them???

To give one bloke credit yesterday have to take hats off to the Hoff. Busted his arse
    Miller was probably as perplexed as the rest of us as to the turnaround after 15 minutes. Out of curiosity, did anyone notice Perth change anything at that point to counter what was happening? Or did our players simply stop playing and stop giving a ****. Even Birraz didn't seem concerned when the ball was flying past him - although my mate later told me that he almost broke his foot kicking the goalpost when #6 went in. I'd left by that point.

I'll just put this here

Jets Coaching Summary
    Coach Matches Goals For Goals Conceded 1st Half For 1st Half Conceded YC Second Yellow Straight Red RC Win Draw Loss WIN % DRAW % LOSS % Average Goals For Avg Goals Conceded Average YC
    Scott Miller 16 13 25 4 8 35 3 0 3 4 4 8 25% 25% 50% 0.81 1.56 2.19
    Phil Stubbins 27 23 55 9 15 67 1 1 2 3 8 16 11% 30% 59% 0.85 2.04 2.48
    Branko Culina 59 63 81 31 37 101 4 4 8 20 12 27 34% 20% 46% 1.07 1.37 1.71
    Gary Van Egmond 129 161 181 70 77 278 7 6 13 46 32 51 36% 25% 40% 1.25 1.40 2.16
    Clayton Zane 12 19 17 8 9 30 0 1 1 5 2 5 42% 17% 42% 1.58 1.42 2.50
    Nick Theodorakopoulos 7 6 16 3 9 8 2 1 3 0 3 4 0% 43% 57% 0.86 2.29 1.14
    Craig Deans 3 4 4 3 2 5 0 0 0 2 0 1 67% 0% 33% 1.33 1.33 1.67
    Richard Money 23 28 31 16 8 40 1 2 3 9 5 9 39% 22% 39% 1.22 1.35 1.74
    Terry Venables* 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 - - - - - -

* He's still waiting for a pick up at the airport
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

67%? Bring back Deans!

Or for entertainment value... bring back Clacka! 1.58 goals per game... almost double what we are doing now. And a better defensive record too.