Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2015

Just listened to kofm with murphy worth a listen
    http://www.kofm.com.au/shows/rush-ho...on-in-history/

Quote Originally Posted by LiverJet View Post
    Key points?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by LiverJet View Post
    That was quite amusing

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Key points?
    Collins giving murphy a mouthful asking how we can keep a coach with 2 in 24 record

Just had a listen. Murphy wasn't impressed but Collins held his ground and line of questioning.

"Supposed fans" was something I think Murphy was going to come back to but never did. If he'd had a go at the fans I was gone.

There is a lot of anger surrounding this club at the moment and the fans, players and coaching staff, I feel, are 3 distinctly separate groups at the moment. A successful club needs all 3 on board and moving in the same, forward, direction.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Think the only question he missed was how are you going to attract members to resign next year with the same coach

Banned
    Just had a listen. Murphy wasn't impressed but Collins held his ground and line of questioning.

"Supposed fans" was something I think Murphy was going to come back to but never did. If he'd had a go at the fans I was gone.

There is a lot of anger surrounding this club at the moment and the fans, players and coaching staff, I feel, are 3 distinctly separate groups at the moment. A successful club needs all 3 on board and moving in the same, forward, direction.
    We have only 1 thing going for us fans support the players. That's it

The players don't support the fans though. Their is no bond

As for the Muppet Universally hated and he hates the Universe equally

Banned
    Supposed fans. These ****s calling me plastic again

Murphy out of his depth just like Mr 2 from 24.

When the going got tough with the line of questioning Murphy quickly went from " we " and " us " to " was not here David ".

I thought Stubbins made himself appear more of a goose each and every time he speaks to the media but Murphy is giving him a real run for his money.

Only at this club could we have a Rookie CEO of a HAL club and a Muppet impersonating as a rookie head coach.

Banned
    We also seem to have a rookie owner as well

Interesting quote.....but after all I think there are 3.5 groups here: 1. Fans hate Muppet...... 2. Muppet hates Fans....... 0.5. Some players hate Muppet..... 3. players like fans.........
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Also wish Collins had asked about Carney

Banned
    COACH MUPPET declared the Jets’ plan is to recruit international and Australian marquees next season and they will spend the entire $2.55million salary cap to lift themselves out of the A-League cellar.

Two victories in 24 games has left the Jets at the bottom of the ladder with three games remaining.

The Jets have been reduced to a threadbare squad since MUPPET oversaw a clean-out of five senior players and four support staff in January.

On Friday night the Jets face competition leaders Melbourne Victory at AAMI Park in a mismatch in quality and experience.

In recent months MUPPET, who is increasingly under pressure from disillusioned supporters particularly one bloke, has promised all attempts would be made to turn the club into a force next season.

On Thursday, the embattled MUPPET said Jets owner Nathan Tinkler had agreed to provide him with the finances needed to put together a winning squad.

‘‘We’ll definitely be going for a marquee, possibly two if we can get hold of the right one, who is Australian as well,’’ MUPPET said.

‘‘We’ll be filling the roster and maxing out the salary cap.

‘‘We need to do it in a way that we’re effectively spending our money and putting a squad and team together again that can play possession-based football, can press when it needs to, can score when it needs to score and can also be defensively strong.’’

The Jets have not employed a marquee player, whose wages are outside the salary cap, since former English Premier League striker Emile Heskey completed his two-year stint last season.

Winger Ryan Griffiths was the last Australian marquee in 2012-13.

Tinkler’s stressed financial position has been well documented, including a garnishee order that allows the Australian Tax Office to intercept the monthly grant the club receives from FFA.

This has resulted in players and staff being paid late in the past two monthly wage cycles.

MUPPET said finding a midfielder or striker would be the focus of his marquee recruitment.

‘‘We’ve got Ki-je Lee and Nigel Boogaard signed and Daniel Mullen is another that’s been documented as close to being over the line,’’ MUPPET said.

‘‘We’ve got enough covering at the back and obviously the midfield and going forward with some cutting edge, that’s what we need to look at.

‘‘We need to be a team that is able to score goals and get on the front foot, not only being strong defensively, but able to score goals as well.’’

Scoring goals has been a major problem all season.

The Jets have been kept scoreless in their past two games and have struck only twice in their last six A-League matches.

Their 18 goals from 24 games is the worst strike rate in the competition and four fewer than the next club, Central Coast.

At the other end, they have conceded a league-high 49 goals. On Friday night they face the league’s most potent attacking unit.

The Victory have netted 50 goals and boast a triple threat up front in Besart Berisha (11 goals), Archie Thompson (nine) and Gui Finkler (seven).

‘‘We’ve got everything to prove, and to ourselves, that we have the intent in the group to try our very best and win the game,’’ MUPPET said.

‘‘We’re not going to go there fearful of what they’ve got.’’

The Jets will be light on experience for the Victorian trip.

Senior midfielders Zenon Caravella (ankle strain) and Ben Kantarovski (groin) are ruled out with injuries and will be replaced by Allan Welsh and Jacob Pepper.

There were initial fears Caravella may miss the remaining two games, but after visiting sports doctor Neil Halpin on Thursday afternoon, he is now expected to return to training on Monday.
    All the money in the world to be wasted to turn us around yet the simplest solution is to pay the MUPPET out his 200k and move forward without him and with a competent Manager

and they will spend the entire $2.55million salary cap to lift themselves out of the A-League cellar.
    What about this!??! We aren't already!!!

I know the current crop don't deserve it because it inflates their true worth but FMD, why aren't we using all the money the FFA give us!!!!???

Banned
    What about this!??! We aren't already!!!

I know the current crop don't deserve it because it inflates their true worth but FMD, why aren't we using all the money the FFA give us!!!!???
    See the sad thing is even if we max out our salary cap and turn things around on the park and are flying (BIG IFS I KNOW) the competence levels at this club are such we will be getting done for salary cap breaches anyway as you know they will most likely **** their sums up and not carry the 2 or some shit like that and find we are 3 million over a 2.55million salary cap

Robbie Middleby promised me that Ryan Griffiths was not ever the Australian marquee, on one of those online fan forum things they did. Either he lied to me, or the article is mislead. Not that this affects anything, but just thought I'd point out that according to the club, we have not had an Australian marquee since our attempt to have Jason Culina as it.
    OK

Did everyone notice Murphy saying dominating possession last 2 games is a positive?
    Aint got no idea about football

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    There is literally no reason at for us to not spend the entire cap on players, seeing as the FFA give us that money on a platter every year.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    There is literally no reason at for us to not spend the entire cap on players, seeing as the FFA give us that money on a platter every year.
    This

the tax office will be even further stoked knowing that part of the grant wasn't even going to the players.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!