Page 71 of 73 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 1445

Thread: Russia 2018 World Cup - AFC Qualifiers

Anybody else going for ticket tonight?

The question is : Except for Europe can 2 teams from same confederation meet in group stage?...couldn't happen in recent previous WC... anyone knows?... FIFA doesn't know ...
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Glad we qualified but we aint troubling anyone in Russia. This system is ****ed. Stack the midfield to create chances for good football, Only create crossing chances, Have no one that can cross. Playing Cahil upfront gives us no movement and leaves Mooy and Rogic with no one to play balls through for.

Leckie at RWB WTF Ange, Bloke is scoring goals and whatnot playing on the wing in germany and you play him as a RB. We saw how this system goes against WC level opposition at the Confeds Cup. Germany and Cameroon shouldve beat us by 5 goals both games and Chile for what ever reason were off their game allowing us to play.

That wont happen at the world cup and teams will steal the ball of us race through un challenged on goal and score past that arms flapping gypo in goal
    This x 1000

Leckie up front. Juric on if we go up. Balls from Mooy and Rogic in behind all day, still dangerous with wide crosses as Leckie can actually head a a ball.

Ok answer is except Europe Same as before 2 teams from same confederation can't meet in group stage... max 2 teams from UEFA in any group. So we can't meet Iran... I wouldn't mind Poland, Peru and Tunisia
    Dare to Zlatan

Glad we qualified but we aint troubling anyone in Russia. This system is ****ed. Stack the midfield to create chances for good football, Only create crossing chances, Have no one that can cross. Playing Cahil upfront gives us no movement and leaves Mooy and Rogic with no one to play balls through for.

Leckie at RWB WTF Ange, Bloke is scoring goals and whatnot playing on the wing in germany and you play him as a RB. We saw how this system goes against WC level opposition at the Confeds Cup. Germany and Cameroon shouldve beat us by 5 goals both games and Chile for what ever reason were off their game allowing us to play.

That wont happen at the world cup and teams will steal the ball of us race through un challenged on goal and score past that arms flapping gypo in goal
    aka Ange scraped us through quals, but a better coach would have had us through earlier and will be much stronger to challenge at the big disco.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    aka Ange scraped us through quals, but a better coach would have had us through earlier and will be much stronger to challenge at the big disco.
    If your saying well be stronger at the world cup then maybe and thats a big maybe if ange plays to the players strengths not this current system
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Ok answer is except Europe Same as before 2 teams from same confederation can't meet in group stage... max 2 teams from UEFA in any group. So we can't meet Iran... I wouldn't mind Poland, Peru and Tunisia
    Actually we can. Pots are determined by FIFA ranking only now. Confeds dont matter anymore.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    Actually we can. Pots are determined by FIFA ranking only now. Confeds dont matter anymore.
    Yeah the pots are. But when it comes to the draw its as mentioned, two teams from same confed can't be in the same group except Europe which can have two.

POT 1: Russia (hosts), Germany, Brazil, Portugal, Argentina, Belgium, Poland, France

POT 2: Spain, Switzerland, England, Colombia, Mexico, Uruguay, Croatia, Peru

POT 3: Denmark, Iceland, Costa Rica, Sweden, Tunisia, Egypt, Senegal, Iran

POT 4: Serbia, Nigeria, Australia, Japan, Morocco, Panama, South Korea, Saudi Arabia

Not really any easy games, but if we can jag one or two of the highlighted teams in our group we may be a chance. None of the pot 3 teams really strike me as "easy", neither do any strike me as unbeatable.
    I hope we either get a good draw with chance of progressing, or get absolutely screwed and get Brazil, Spain and Denmark/Senegal just so we can watch some quality teams (not ours)
    Last edited by Macca; 17-11-2017 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    POT 1: Russia (hosts), Germany, Brazil, Portugal, Argentina, Belgium, Poland, France

POT 4: Serbia, Nigeria, Australia, Japan, Morocco, Panama, South Korea, Saudi Arabia

Not really any easy games, but if we can jag one or two of the highlighted teams in our group we may be a chance. None of the pot 3 teams really strike me as "easy", neither do any strike me as unbeatable.
    I hope we either get a good draw with chance of progressing, or get absolutely screwed and get Brazil, Spain and Denmark/Senegal just so we can watch some quality teams (not ours)
    Are you saying Portugal are an easy team from that pot?

Cause i would say they are probably 3rd favourite to win the world cup given the squad they have and how they have been playing for the last 2-3 years.

I can see a few teams that we could compete with from pot 3.
    Maybe Peru, Mexico and England wouldn't be too bad from pot 2.
    In Pot 1, Russia would be nice, but Poland and Argentina aren't in amazing form at this stage. Poland drew against Kazakhstan and got spanked by Denmark after they had qualified. Other than Messi, Argentina can't score goals. If you had to pick a giant to face i'd pick them right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post

I would love to draw Italy to get some revenge.... oh wait!!!
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Have you ever watched Mexico in the group stages (not after that phase) in the WC? Get them the hell away from us IMO.

Dream Group is surely Russia, Peru, Denmark.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Have you ever watched Mexico in the group stages (not after that phase) in the WC? Get them the hell away from us IMO.

Dream Group is surely Russia, Peru, Denmark.
    Russia at home..hummmm maybe not.... and Denmark just made a fool of Ireland in Dublin. Would still prefer Poland and Tunisia.
    Dare to Zlatan

and Denmark just made a fool of Ireland in Dublin.
    Both trash teams.

Denmark have one (outstanding) player and that's it. Nothing Jedi & Milligan can't handle
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Are you saying Portugal are an easy team from that pot?

Cause i would say they are probably 3rd favourite to win the world cup given the squad they have and how they have been playing for the last 2-3 years.

I can see a few teams that we could compete with from pot 3.
    In Pot 1, Russia would be nice, but Poland and Argentina aren't in amazing form at this stage. Poland drew against Kazakhstan and got spanked by Denmark after they had qualified. Other than Messi, Argentina can't score goals. If you had to pick a giant to face i'd pick them right now.
    I probably overestimate Poland, they would perhaps be doable.
    Personally I just don't think Portugal are very good, I thought their Euro win was pretty lucky and if that same tournament was played again another 10 times I don't think they'd win it. Argentina are underperforming but they still have way too much individual talent for us to handle imo, even disregarding Messi.
    I think Mexico are pretty solid.

Starting to think that if someone offered you Jessica Alba for the night you'd complain about the food at dinner.

I hope we get England in our group. Would love to have a shot at knocking them over in a World Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I hope we get England in our group. Would love to have a shot at knocking them over in a World Cup.
    Yeah England would be good.....My worst nightmare would be if we get France....
    Dare to Zlatan

Banned
    Yeah England would be good.....My worst nightmare would be if we get France....
    Least you be on the winning team