Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rudes In

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Have to agree with you on this one, we have enough squad players as it is and this is what these two are.
    Chianese at least has pace. Wouldn't be the worst squadie, but Pasfield is ****ing useless.

Few whispers that Rudan's last game this weekend, announced shortly that Rudan signing as coach with Juric as marquee.

I'm not getting the Rudan thing. The FFA need to get it right with us and it is a big risk appointing any coach, and even riskier appointing an unproven one.

We have a massive roster to fill and is Rudan going to be a drawcard? Personally, I'm not convinced.

As I always take the line are the FFA need us to succeed for the sale of the product both to TV and potential owners.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Rudan talks the talk but I would prefer someone with experience. We are essentially starting from scratch and we need an experienced head. A Merrick, Arnold, JPDeM, Vidmar. I think Jones would be a better option than Rudan but he doesn't have Rudan's public profile. I suspect Rudan will go okay, but he is a high risk candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Rudan talks the talk but I would prefer someone with experience. We are essentially starting from scratch and we need an experienced head. A Merrick, Arnold, JPDeM, Vidmar. I think Jones would be a better option than Rudan but he doesn't have Rudan's public profile. I suspect Rudan will go okay, but he is a high risk candidate.
    Yeah an "experienced head" is what we need but Merrick and Arnold have A League jobs already. JP has returned to Sydney because of a sickness in the family and Vidmar is happy to stay with the Socceroos. Heard that Ian Ferguson's name was also mentioned but we know what he is about and I don't think most supporters are fussed by his whole style as a manager and the style his teams play.
    I agree with Jones as an option but like you said he just doesn't have the profile and probably the contacts that Rudan has to be able to attract quality players to the club initially....and the way our squad is at present this is something of paramount importance, being able to attract players to a club which is virtually starting over again. The new manager will almost have to be like a salesman, trying to make new players see that there is something worthwhile and to be a part of at the Newcastle Jets again....not the pile of stinking faeces that Tinkler and Stubbins had left it in!!!

I really don't get all the Jones love on here.. Fvck that guy..

Donkey Juric as Marquee? **** me, bloke has 1 good season and suddenly he's the second coming of Griff. If the ffa are serious they won't allow him as either marquee.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

And what Bon said, **** Jones. Didn't he try to destabilise Branko when Branko was appointed as GvE's 1st successor because he wanted the top job?
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

juric got dat swag doe

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Donkey Juric as Marquee? **** me, bloke has 1 good season and suddenly he's the second coming of Griff. If the ffa are serious they won't allow him as either marquee.
    Why not a marquee? He is firmly in the National team squad, that pretty much qualifies him according to the ffa doesn't it?
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Why not a marquee? He is firmly in the National team squad, that pretty much qualifies him according to the ffa doesn't it?
    Coz he's not worth it?

after the nonsense we've had playing up front for us bar griff since tagz left - i'd take yoorick any day of the week

you blokes are deadset kidding yourselves that we can get any better

we are broke, ran last, have no coach and you're holding out for some pie in the sky bullshit to occur, fmd

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    after the nonsense we've had playing up front for us bar griff since tagz left - i'd take yoorick any day of the week

we are broke, ran last, have no coach and you're holding out for some pie in the sky bullshit to occur, fmd
    Yep
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

The FFA are rolling the dice with Rudan. It's like they want the club to fail again so they can destroy it for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    And what Bon said, **** Jones. Didn't he try to destabilise Branko when Branko was appointed as GvE's 1st successor because he wanted the top job?
    maybe it was because promised him the job after GVEs first spell
    also culina wanted to bring in his mate as assistant (cant remember his name)

grand final winning year squad players always said jones was the tactics man and GVE was the trainer that got you right for match day
    we didn't suck as bad after he came back on board this year

Obviously hasn't been enough negativity surrounded the club for a week or so so forumers are deciding to provide the negative nonsense we usually get from the club.

Why would a top coach want to join this club with the amount of useless, know-it-all 'fans' it has?

Quote Originally Posted by Nou Camp View Post
    maybe it was because promised him the job after GVEs first spell
    also culina wanted to bring in his mate as assistant (cant remember his name)

grand final winning year squad players always said jones was the tactics man and GVE was the trainer that got you right for match day
    we didn't suck as bad after he came back on board this year

tell em ivan

Hail Body!

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar

i've found that some people on here slowly become brainwashed after enduring countless rants by mfks

juric is a good footballer and one of the best number 9s in the league in my opinion
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    i've found that some people on here slowly become brainwashed after enduring countless rants by mfks

juric is a good footballer and one of the best number 9s in the league in my opinion
    is he as good as babalj? who you rated

Hail Body!

Yeah but apart from that........