Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Meeting With Northern

I hope I'm wrong, but Peter Haynes appointment looks like a' job for the boys' appointment.
    NNSW football needs big changes, maybe fresh blood could have helped that. What's the average community footballer see from them for their $100 plus rego component?

Is there a particular issue with him (I don't know who he is)

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    I hope I'm wrong, but Peter Haynes appointment looks like a' job for the boys' appointment.
    NNSW football needs big changes, maybe fresh blood could have helped that. What's the average community footballer see from them for their $100 plus rego component?
    Considering NNSWF stated they would search the world for a replacement and that a friend of a board member owned a employment agency 🤷*♂️🤦*♂️ I?d have to agree, although nothing against Peter as he is a fine human but the world wide search probably didn?t happen unfortunately

Mind boggling appointment Red that?s all I can say.

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Mind boggling appointment Red that?s all I can say.
    I have to agree, it lacks desire

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Considering NNSWF stated they would search the world for a replacement and that a friend of a board member owned a employment agency 🤷*♂️🤦*♂️ I?d have to agree, although nothing against Peter as he is a fine human but the world wide search probably didn?t happen unfortunately
    To Northern the world ends at the Swansea Inlet.

Just read through this...Queensland's president's farewell letter...as we're talking about leadership in NNSW, thought some might find it interesting...so thought I'd share

https://footballqueensland.com.au/20...all-community/

Interesting letter

What I hadn’t anticipated was what I was walking into at the time, an archaic organisation, with individuals throughout the game trying to maintain fiefdoms of perceived power.
    Happens here in Newcastle all the time as well, the zone boards got rid of Northern's board when they saw their cushy spots and power would be taken from them.

As the popularity and success of FQ Grand Finals continues to grow each year, 2023 will see the NPL Queensland and FQPL 1 Grand Finals join the ranks of competitions held at Suncorp Stadium.
    That's awesome, shame there is always people complaining whenever discussion of having the finals at McDonalds Jones or #2.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    That's awesome, shame there is always people complaining whenever discussion of having the finals at McDonalds Jones or #2.
    I like the idea of the marquee games being played at the best possible venue but there is valid criticism to be made of running of these events.Playing at McDonald Jones at night in the middle of winter is always going to deter crowds.The debacle at #2 last year should have embarrassed everyone involved with running that event but it didnt seem to matter to them.From the lack of information regarding tickets,the lineups trying to get in before kickoff and the complete lack of catering options should all be addressed and rectified this year.Add to that there only being 1sts and Womens rather than all 3 grades was another oversight.NPL grand final day is one of the best days of the year for fans to get out and support the game and their club if involved.

Moved the jets conversation to the appropriate thread.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin