Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2016

Pepz has left the Wanderers
    Bring him home Middleby.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Pepz has left the Wanderers
    Bring him home Middleby.
    Nice Joke
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Nice Joke
    Would've MUCH preferred Pepper over some on the boneheads in the team last year... Eg Watson

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Nice Joke
    Who's joking?

Middleby missed the chance to sign Lustica.
    Asleep at the wheel again missing another big name.

Quote Originally Posted by tomo View Post
    Would've MUCH preferred Pepper over some on the boneheads in the team last year... Eg Watson
    pepper isnt much better than watson
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

So has the criteria for the FFA Cup draw changed this year??
    Why do the Jets play last years winners, but the Mariners get Green Gully? We didnt get a non A-League team after getting the spoon last year, so why should they?
    I thought the bottom 4 or 6 A-League teams play against each other, and one side of the draw is rigged so that a non A-League team is guarantee'd a semi final?

Why do the Jets play last years winners, but the Mariners get Green Gully? We didnt get a non A-League team after getting the spoon last year, so why should they?
    I thought the bottom 4 or 6 A-League teams play against each other, and one side of the draw is rigged so that a non A-League team is guarantee'd a semi final?
    They announced the change earlier this week.. All A-league teams went together

Quote Originally Posted by football_macigian23 View Post
    They announced the change earlier this week.. All A-league teams went together
    Aaah ok, i must've missed that!
    Dont have a link?

Aaah ok, i must've missed that!
    Dont have a link?
    http://www.theffacup.com.au/article/...XIAMEOMekTO.99

Banned
    No surprise the rules get changed and Smurfs FC get a non HAL side.

Rigged or what???

Lets just lose then not worry

Banned
    So now that Heart have managed to get rid of Mooy just a day or two after they won with their plan to get a 3rd Marquee why are they not being told to put Timmy in as a Marquee and sticking to Two Marquees??

Also I find the timing of Mooys departure a rather sad reflection on the Heart.

They could have easily moved Mooy on and brought Timmy in and kept the 2 Marquee situation

Looks to me the politics of tampering with the salary cap were more of a factor than any great desire to bring Timmy home

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    So now that Heart have managed to get rid of Mooy just a day or two after they won with their plan to get a 3rd Marquee why are they not being told to put Timmy in as a Marquee and sticking to Two Marquees??

They could have easily moved Mooy on and brought Timmy in and kept the 2 Marquee situation

Looks to me the politics of tampering with the salary cap were more of a factor than any great desire to bring Timmy home
    They upgraded Bruno already and it's been widely reported that they've already signed a 2nd marquee but the announcement wouldn't be until Mooy left

I just read that FFA wont help the Roar out with $300,000 out of their fund to sign Brett Holman because they want to use most, if not all, to help City sign Cahill. What a fvckin joke!

I just read that FFA wont help the Roar out with $300,000 out of their fund to sign Brett Holman because they want to use most, if not all, to help City sign Cahill. What a fvckin joke!
    If that is true it would set a dangerous precedent - we could offer Messi a squillion and run to FFA saying, you can pay for it, look at the benefits to the A-League.

Can see Mooy coming back in January as said "guest" after Timmy becomes marquee two.

Why?

Cahill may bring in extra crowds (though I'm unconvinced the effect will be significant). Holman will not bring in extra crowds. Given that the FFA's spending here is essentially marketing, what's wrong with spending on Cahill over Holman?

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    Why?

Cahill may bring in extra crowds (though I'm unconvinced the effect will be significant). Holman will not bring in extra crowds. Given that the FFA's spending here is essentially marketing, what's wrong with spending on Cahill over Holman?
    I think Harry Kewell at MV did ok marketing wise but at City [Heart] not so great. I'd expect Timmy to generate less interest than Kewell but for a much larger chunk of cash.

Holman you'd buy for what he offers on the park not off it - So anythng more than 450k would be ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post

I wouldn't be suprised if Mooy comes back to Melb City on some bullshit loan deal to make sure the Timmy experiment works.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I wouldn't be suprised if Mooy comes back to Melb City on some bullshit loan deal to make sure the Timmy experiment works.
    Spot on, Mooy will be playing in the a-league this season..

Banned
    Explain to me why Mooy will be playing in the HAL??

If the plan was for him to play for Heart then why he sign for Man City??

Being Heart are owned by City if the plan is to push his development along then nothing stopping him heading to Manchester and training with City. Being the HAL doesn't start until October he could skip Heart pre season and just train with Man City until then

Why go to the hassle of transfering him to Man City only to loan him back??

Up until a few days ago they had him as a Marquee and could pay him as much as they want and could also bring in the 3rd Marquee due to the rule change

I will offer he has only been moved to Man City with the express intention of having him train at City for a bit before getting loaned out to someone with the intention of getting a Transfer Fee for him

Reality is Aaron Mooy of Man City goes for much more money than Aaron Mooy of Melbourne Heart when a Euro Club offers coin.
    This move is just a restructuring of assets for the City Group to maximise profit

The bloke ain't playing EPL under Pep and he ain't coming back to Heart this year.
    A year or two proving he can do it in Europe and the City Group get more coin for his transfer

The bloke has just been used as a pawn by City to exploit this 3rd Marquee rule that has come in.
    Heart will not be bringing him back. They will bring Timmy In and use him as the Aussie Marquee not as a Guest Player.. The guest player Heart will bring in will be a Foreigner

That way they are getting 2 Foreign Marquee and 1 Aussie Marquee in Timmy

The truth is out there

This was just as an elaborate con job by City