Page 61 of 242 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 4840

Thread: The Politics/Religion/Conspiracies Deathmatch Thread

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    oi Member, so what are your thoughts on the likes of the Westboro baptist church?
    cool with it, not cool?
    interested to hear a religious mans perspective as id assume all non believers would think they are the worst humans on the planet.
    Worst humans on the planet probably not. Christian Extremists more like it. Christian version of the Islamic extremists the media loves scaring the world about

I definitely don't agree with the way they operate.

They do though take parts of the good book on board with their abortion homosexuality stances but a lot of what they do is going against the bit about god judging each man for his sins and it not being really their place to do so.

I feel it does definitely contravene this.

They also have pretty strong and damning views on other religions/churches that I don't agree with.

They do believe in god and are doing what they believe is right in delivering gods message.

Not my cup of tea but not my place to condemn them for it.

God will be their judge

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    It was me.
    I find it hard to believe someone that only believes in half a story. If they only believe in the part of something that suits them then I believe when they are to portray something then they will only portray what suits them, hardly the full scope on something. How's the expression you can't have your cake and eat it.

The Church is built on foundations of hearsay and depictions of people who only portray part of the good book. Ministers, Fathers what ever name they want to go by are happy to preach stories from a book but are quick to tell us not to take all those stories literal, surely one can forgive me for not knowing what stories to take literal and what stories to not.
    You are quoting a part of the bible though that has no bearing on me as an individual.

The Good Book is quite clear on its stance that killing is a no no.

That passage in Chronicles is not giving me the green light to go kill any non believers.

It is referencing a group of people getting together and making a pact with god to go forth and kill any non believers

Try reading the thing in its entirety

Sweet Jebus..
    What a catch-up read this thread has been.. 5 stars..

Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    then the Ibrahimavic god exists, cares about us, will judge us etc. if ghe bible is unreliable,
    Quick question though, was I the only one thinking of Zlatan while reading this part?

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    So you believe in the possibility of little green men.

Ok

I will leave the insults of you being loopy crazy etc alone but lets at least take note that your position on this subject would leave some severe doubts on your level of sanity in the modern world.

Now as far as your science goes Why has Science not been able to prove the existence of these little green men??

I am taking the answer to this is that science is not complete yet?? Ie Science has not discovered its limit and is still a long way from achieving it

Would this be a fair narrative to explain the situation as to why Little Green Men are not confirmed as legit just yet
    sorry to say, but this is a genuinely bad argument member
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

also if you don't think westboro baptist church is ****ed up you're straight up crazy

Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sorry to say, but this is a genuinely bad argument member
    Argument???

We are just clarifying his position on things

You are quoting a part of the bible though that has no bearing on me as an individual.

The Good Book is quite clear on its stance that killing is a no no.

That passage in Chronicles is not giving me the green light to go kill any non believers.

It is referencing a group of people getting together and making a pact with god to go forth and kill any non believers

Try reading the thing in its entirety
    That's exactly what I was saying you only use parts of a story that are beneficial to you, I would be pretty just to think that it's not just the bible were you use this method. Hence why I find it difficult to trust people who only use parts of a story that are beneficial to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Argument???

We are just clarifying his position on things
    no you were using his stance on the possibilities of extraterrestrial life to make a point on how some people might think his beliefs are weird, just as he believes your religious views are.

Banned
    no you were using his stance on the possibilities of extraterrestrial life to make a point on how some people might think his beliefs are weird, just as he believes your religious views are.
    I am??

Gee Whiz your good.

Maybe I haven't finished yet

Banned
    That's exactly what I was saying you only use parts of a story that are beneficial to you, I would be pretty just to think that it's not just the bible were you use this method. Hence why I find it difficult to trust people who only use parts of a story that are beneficial to them.
    My non acceptance of the bit about killing non believers has nothing to do with picking and choosing which parts I choose to believe.

More so a case of your only putting half of the story in there.

If your point had any relevance you will find a passage where the bible is interpreted as a message for people who believe to kill non believers. Go find it for me

also if you don't think westboro baptist church is ****ed up you're straight up crazy
    Without using science to make your point Parksey you might as well be travelling down the religous road yourself.

Simple. WBC essentially beleive in a clockwork universe whereby all events are determined as per Laplaces example in his Philosophical Essay on probabillities:

"We may regard the present state of the universe as the effect of its past and the cause of its future. An intellect which at a certain moment would know all forces that set nature in motion, and all positions of all items of which nature is composed, if this intellect were also vast enough to submit these data to analysis, it would embrace in a single formula the movements of the greatest bodies of the universe and those of the tiniest atom; for such an intellect nothing would be uncertain and the future just like the past would be present before its eyes."

Big problem for WBC here is that not only is such a situation intractable at the classical level it is indeed impossible at the Quantum level because Plancks Constant is a non zero number.

For over eighty years people have been trying to prove Quantum Mechanics is wrong and so far absolutely nothing has scratched let alone destroyed its foundations.

Hence WBC are reasoning from a set of assumptions [axioms] which are known to be false.

GAME OVER WBC.

I am??

Gee Whiz your good.

Maybe I haven't finished yet
    that's how it came across at least

why else would you even bring conspiracy theories up if not to defend yourself?

not that i really think you need to defend your beliefs
    Last edited by parksey; 09-06-2015 at 02:05 PM.

If they are referred to in the bible and I believe in the good book the answer should be pretty straight forward shouldn't it???
    No picking and choosing which parts.
    My non acceptance of the bit about killing non believers has nothing to do with picking and choosing which parts I choose to believe.
    Acceptance: the action of consenting to receive or undertake something offered.

Please explain to me how your non acceptance wasn't your choice?
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Banned
    Acceptance: the action of consenting to receive or undertake something offered.

Please explain to me how your non acceptance wasn't your choice?
    Probably because the passage you have brought up does not imply nor literally present that I as a believer in god are to kill non believers.

You have taken the act of something someone done in the bible and implied that I have to do it.

By your assumptions of a believer doing everything in the bible I should head to beach and part the seas, Spend my week at SD's walking on water and turning his pool to wine, should have taken a Slingshot to Middleby Muppet and Tinkler and should hang myself when I betray someone.

Probably because the passage you have brought up does not imply nor literally present that I as a believer in god are to kill non believers.

You have taken the act of something someone done in the bible and implied that I have to do it.

By your assumptions of a believer doing everything in the bible I should head to beach and part the seas, Spend my week at SD's walking on water and turning his pool to wine, should have taken a Slingshot to Middleby Muppet and Tinkler and should hang myself when I betray someone.
    I never implied you have to do it I only asked if you believe I should be put to death.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

I should head to beach and part the seas, Spend my week at SD's walking on water and turning his pool to wine, should have taken a Slingshot to Middleby Muppet and Tinkler and should hang myself when I betray someone.
    Most impressed how the Member has brought the Pool and Tinkler / Middleby out threads into the mix as well.

Genuine - Five star post.

I am taking the answer to this is that science is not complete yet?? Ie Science has not discovered its limit and is still a long way from achieving it

Would this be a fair narrative to explain the situation as to why Little Green Men are not confirmed as legit just yet
    m8, if you could show me one scientist who is willing to say that science is complete, i'll show you a scientist who isn't getting funded anytime soon

of course it's not complete, you silly sausage.
    we will loose

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    so Snake, (or others) have you ever come across anything you would legit think is proof of life out there?
    blows my mind to think one day its going to be discovered.
    if i came across anything like this, i would legit be more famous than joey johns and super hubert combined.

and jamieson would be frothing over me, not the other way around.
    we will loose

pretty much. but he's so insular he doesn't actually realise that my opinions are actually pretty mainstream.

i mean, we are dealing with pretty large numbers.

100 billion stars in our average sized galaxy, and about 100 billion galaxies in the observable universe.

(10^11)*(10^11) = 10^22 suns out there. and the member thinks it's not a good enough excuse to not have checked them all yet

bloody bludgers

question for member just to show he understands how big the above number is:

if the average male produces 85 million spermatozoa per day (8.5 x 10^7), how many years would a man have to live to produce 10^22 sperm? as a follow up question, in your calculation, does it really matter at what age you assume the male to have gone through puberty?

I won't answer a single thing from you until you provide me with an answer (or an attempt) to the question in green. failure to attempt to do so will demonstrate that it's not worth my time dealing with someone of limited curiosity or intellect. asking for hints/help is permissible. please, show your working.
    we will loose

if i came across anything like this, i would legit be more famous than joey johns and super hubert combined.

and jamieson would be frothing over me, not the other way around.
    Sorry didn't mean you finding it, rather you reading or hearing about something where you've gone 'dang, that's some pretty compelling shit right there'.

Also:
    more famous that Joey in Newy?

You could cure cancer and blokes at the pub would be like "YEAH BUT WOULD HE HAVE GONE BLIND SIDE TO ALBERT IN '97?".