Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Socceroos Friendlies

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    commentators fappin over davidson...I know we're strugglin for a LB but I thought he was ordinary

Agreed. Fappin because they are all good mates with his old man from yesteryear.

Average at best he was.

I may actually be able to find some enjoyment in the national team again.

I posted this elsewhere. Will just C+V it:

Might as well go player-by-player too..

Ryan - in the battle between Ryan & Langerak, under Ange, Ryan is always going to win. Ange's biggest thing he wants from a keeper is good distribution, with a lot of touches on the ball. Ryan is only the best distributing goalkeeper I've seen Australia produce. The problem with Ryan is he lacks with his catching/high balls/crossing, whereas I think Langerak is better than that. But Ryan is always going to win out v Langerak solely because of his distributing. For reference, see what Ange did when he came to Victory. Velaphi was better at keeping than Thomas (and I REALLY don't rate Velaphi at all), but Thomas could actually play the ball whereas Velaphi is scared to play. A distributor is always going to be first picked for Ange. It's also hard to validate picking Langerak when, although he's at the best club in the world (or one of), he's not getting regular playing time. Whether keepers need this, I'm not sure. But he definately doesn't get the year-round pressure that a starting keeper would get. And Ryan is playing reg for Brugge, so all the stars align for him currently.

Franjic - I have a mate who genuinely believes that Franjic is the best RB in the world, in the sense that he believes you could chuck him into any team & he'd perform. While that may be a bit of a stretch, I'm yet to see him out of his depth. Coming from state league as a centre mid, he has the ball-playing & smarts ability to be a good distributor. And his touch on the ball and pace makes him lethal forward. While he does get caught out defensively a tiny bit, it's not as much as most rightbacks who are given that kind of freedom to bomb forward. Also, with two holding mids, you'd hope he gets covered. Love him!

Neill - I was on the edge of my seat when he got interviewed at the end of the match. I was certain I was witnessing Aus football history by him announcing his retirement. But, he let me down. Basically once that guy decided West Ham was a better choice than Liverpool, he lost me. He chose to walk alone, when he could have chosen to never walk alone. His career post-Blackburn has been a money&greed-driven trainwreck. While I genuinely believe in the 3 msot recent qualifiers (Jap, Jordan, Iraq) he was the best player, I can't see value in keeping him in the squad and others out. But still, handy player. Did get caught out defensively a few times though - they loved running off the back of him.

McGowan - dafuq are you doing mate. Win a Scottish trophy one minute, nek minnit you're chasing dollars in Asia. Get yourself back into Europe where you belong.

Williams - love him, can't help but be frustrated by his injuries. Sort it out, son.

Davidson - I've always known he is Japan-Australian, but man he looks Asian! He needs a silkier touch on the ball - too many times his first touch bounced up and made for some comical passes. Looks proactive & lively though. Way better option than Carney.

Milligan - did OK. Thought his passing was a bit heavy, and sometimes his teammates struggled to control them.

Jedi - still love the guy. A real captain in my eyes. May have had some wayward passes, but did a heap too.

Kruse - is exactly the same as Henrique for Brisbane Roar. Has the skills, has the pace, is known to have some absolute quality moments. But I can't look at his face without thinking it needs a good reconfiguring. Plus he's the source of so many frustrating moments. Sometimes, just when you think he's done all the work in the world to set up a brilliant chance, he'll fxxx it up. And it'll all be wasted. All of these traits I think Kruse & Henrique fit perfectly.

Bresc - so tidy. The best of our [g]old generation still. Was surprised to see him out there though - thought the scandal would have made us scared to play him.

Leckie - looked lively. Obviously should have scored that cross. Stupid tackle to get injured. More suited to two up front to one IMO.

Rogic - love the guy. For such a tall frame, how dafuq does he move like he does??? A true talent.

Kennedy - love the hair.

Cahill - you can't put a price on how valuable he's been to Australia.

McKay - only saw him do one thing, and he turned it over. Very unlike him.

Vidosic - barely noticed him tbh.

Wilkinson - what is the value in having him in the side? There are way better prospects than him coming through.

An interesting stat - ten of those names I mentioned have played A-League. This is only a testament to the strength of the league in how it develops players. I look at the youngsters in the HAL now, and I think they're better than a lot of the above guys were when they played HAL, and it shows me that the future is bright, really bright. Chapman, Sainsbury, Taggart, Brillante, Goodwin, Pain, heaps more. Looking good!

Since Dukes retired, we've had a real striker shortage. Kennedy always injured, McDonald too much of a footballer for any of our coaches at the time, Cahill more a fake striker, Brosque is dreadful, Joel Griffiths misunderstood. With Leckie, Juric, Duke, Taggart, Gameiro, Babalj all coming through, i see more of a striker choice headache than shortage on our hands! Out of all them I reckon Duke will go the furthest - he's insanely good. His attitude will be the only thing to stop him going big time IMO. When the F3 derby was on, Jaliens had him covered all game. And Duke didn't take kindly, and lashed out a bit. If he can calm his temper, he'll be terrific.

Speaking of McDonald - man I wish he was 4 years younger. Him, in this system, would score more goals than Berisha did under Ange. He'd score a goal a game, and be called on as a national hero.

What this team needs - Spira. We have, and always will, need Spira. He's a reincarnation of Ljubo, without the attitude. That dude is the gem of Australian football. I have only seen him play once for WSW, but it was magical. Until Sainsbury & Chapman are ready to take over, which I give 5 years, Spira needs to be leading us from the back.

Overall though, I don't see CR as a great world force. I still think we have A LOT of work to do to get as tidy as we were, against top teams. Our 1-touch play around is nice, but we couldn't do that against Japan (who I rate so highly - if they make the WC semis I will not be surprised at all). Nor any top seeded teams. But overall we're finally playing a proactive game, and I finally have faith in our coach. Love it!
    OK

The last thing I wasn't to see on the foz is people fapping over gypos.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    I posted this elsewhere. Will just C+V it:

Might as well go player-by-player too..

Ryan - in the battle between Ryan & Langerak, under Ange, Ryan is always going to win. Ange's biggest thing he wants from a keeper is good distribution, with a lot of touches on the ball. Ryan is only the best distributing goalkeeper I've seen Australia produce. The problem with Ryan is he lacks with his catching/high balls/crossing, whereas I think Langerak is better than that. But Ryan is always going to win out v Langerak solely because of his distributing. For reference, see what Ange did when he came to Victory. Velaphi was better at keeping than Thomas (and I REALLY don't rate Velaphi at all), but Thomas could actually play the ball whereas Velaphi is scared to play. A distributor is always going to be first picked for Ange. It's also hard to validate picking Langerak when, although he's at the best club in the world (or one of), he's not getting regular playing time. Whether keepers need this, I'm not sure. But he definately doesn't get the year-round pressure that a starting keeper would get. And Ryan is playing reg for Brugge, so all the stars align for him currently.

Franjic - I have a mate who genuinely believes that Franjic is the best RB in the world, in the sense that he believes you could chuck him into any team & he'd perform. While that may be a bit of a stretch, I'm yet to see him out of his depth. Coming from state league as a centre mid, he has the ball-playing & smarts ability to be a good distributor. And his touch on the ball and pace makes him lethal forward. While he does get caught out defensively a tiny bit, it's not as much as most rightbacks who are given that kind of freedom to bomb forward. Also, with two holding mids, you'd hope he gets covered. Love him!

Neill - I was on the edge of my seat when he got interviewed at the end of the match. I was certain I was witnessing Aus football history by him announcing his retirement. But, he let me down. Basically once that guy decided West Ham was a better choice than Liverpool, he lost me. He chose to walk alone, when he could have chosen to never walk alone. His career post-Blackburn has been a money&greed-driven trainwreck. While I genuinely believe in the 3 msot recent qualifiers (Jap, Jordan, Iraq) he was the best player, I can't see value in keeping him in the squad and others out. But still, handy player. Did get caught out defensively a few times though - they loved running off the back of him.

McGowan - dafuq are you doing mate. Win a Scottish trophy one minute, nek minnit you're chasing dollars in Asia. Get yourself back into Europe where you belong.

Williams - love him, can't help but be frustrated by his injuries. Sort it out, son.

Davidson - I've always known he is Japan-Australian, but man he looks Asian! He needs a silkier touch on the ball - too many times his first touch bounced up and made for some comical passes. Looks proactive & lively though. Way better option than Carney.

Milligan - did OK. Thought his passing was a bit heavy, and sometimes his teammates struggled to control them.

Jedi - still love the guy. A real captain in my eyes. May have had some wayward passes, but did a heap too.

Kruse - is exactly the same as Henrique for Brisbane Roar. Has the skills, has the pace, is known to have some absolute quality moments. But I can't look at his face without thinking it needs a good reconfiguring. Plus he's the source of so many frustrating moments. Sometimes, just when you think he's done all the work in the world to set up a brilliant chance, he'll fxxx it up. And it'll all be wasted. All of these traits I think Kruse & Henrique fit perfectly.

Bresc - so tidy. The best of our [g]old generation still. Was surprised to see him out there though - thought the scandal would have made us scared to play him.

Leckie - looked lively. Obviously should have scored that cross. Stupid tackle to get injured. More suited to two up front to one IMO.

Rogic - love the guy. For such a tall frame, how dafuq does he move like he does??? A true talent.

Kennedy - love the hair.

Cahill - you can't put a price on how valuable he's been to Australia.

McKay - only saw him do one thing, and he turned it over. Very unlike him.

Vidosic - barely noticed him tbh.

Wilkinson - what is the value in having him in the side? There are way better prospects than him coming through.

An interesting stat - ten of those names I mentioned have played A-League. This is only a testament to the strength of the league in how it develops players. I look at the youngsters in the HAL now, and I think they're better than a lot of the above guys were when they played HAL, and it shows me that the future is bright, really bright. Chapman, Sainsbury, Taggart, Brillante, Goodwin, Pain, heaps more. Looking good!

Since Dukes retired, we've had a real striker shortage. Kennedy always injured, McDonald too much of a footballer for any of our coaches at the time, Cahill more a fake striker, Brosque is dreadful, Joel Griffiths misunderstood. With Leckie, Juric, Duke, Taggart, Gameiro, Babalj all coming through, i see more of a striker choice headache than shortage on our hands! Out of all them I reckon Duke will go the furthest - he's insanely good. His attitude will be the only thing to stop him going big time IMO. When the F3 derby was on, Jaliens had him covered all game. And Duke didn't take kindly, and lashed out a bit. If he can calm his temper, he'll be terrific.

Speaking of McDonald - man I wish he was 4 years younger. Him, in this system, would score more goals than Berisha did under Ange. He'd score a goal a game, and be called on as a national hero.

What this team needs - Spira. We have, and always will, need Spira. He's a reincarnation of Ljubo, without the attitude. That dude is the gem of Australian football. I have only seen him play once for WSW, but it was magical. Until Sainsbury & Chapman are ready to take over, which I give 5 years, Spira needs to be leading us from the back.

Overall though, I don't see CR as a great world force. I still think we have A LOT of work to do to get as tidy as we were, against top teams. Our 1-touch play around is nice, but we couldn't do that against Japan (who I rate so highly - if they make the WC semis I will not be surprised at all). Nor any top seeded teams. But overall we're finally playing a proactive game, and I finally have faith in our coach. Love it!
    I agree with basically every single word of that summary.

I think your goal keeper theory is 100% spot on. Ryan and can play out well and he is very effective with both feet.
    I would still prefer langerak though, he wasn't a dirty gypo!
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

costa rica were half pace, straya were very lucky

these two teams will get raped at the world cup, mark my words

Banned
    PV4 you are so full of shit.

Birraz has much better distribution, is a better keeper, has better hair, and doesn't sound like a transvestite when being interviewed. So as far as I am concerned Birraz is a better keeper than Mat ****ing Ryan

Wilkinson is a ****ing useless hack. Taylor Reagan is a better player than him. Poor bloke is just being held back by Gary

Jedinak is a complete ****ing hack. Can't pass, can't shoot, can't ****ing play can't tackle. Seriously how the **** is this bloke playing in the EPL when he is barely an NBN Level player. Feel the Aussie midfield was completely ****ed last night and it started with the **** Jedinak and the other useless **** Milligan. Zadkovich is 5 times the player Jedinak is

As for Rogic the bloke is a deadset waste of space. Fancy not being good enough to get into a team behind some bloke who is like 33 years old and slow and about to be retired by FIFA. Bloke has no ****ing end product other than to dive on the floor ADP style cause he has NFI what to do when a decision needs to be made.

Bloke wouldn't even get a start at the Jets behind the Beard.

FFS Stop using the forum as a place to Fap over ****ing Gypo scum

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    PV4 you are so full of shit.

Birraz has much better distribution, is a better keeper, has better hair, and doesn't sound like a transvestite when being interviewed. So as far as I am concerned Birraz is a better keeper than Mat ****ing Ryan

Wilkinson is a ****ing useless hack. Taylor Reagan is a better player than him. Poor bloke is just being held back by Gary

Jedinak is a complete ****ing hack. Can't pass, can't shoot, can't ****ing play can't tackle. Seriously how the **** is this bloke playing in the EPL when he is barely an NBN Level player. Feel the Aussie midfield was completely ****ed last night and it started with the **** Jedinak and the other useless **** Milligan. Zadkovich is 5 times the player Jedinak is

As for Rogic the bloke is a deadset waste of space. Fancy not being good enough to get into a team behind some bloke who is like 33 years old and slow and about to be retired by FIFA. Bloke has no ****ing end product other than to dive on the floor ADP style cause he has NFI what to do when a decision needs to be made.

Bloke wouldn't even get a start at the Jets behind the Beard.

FFS Stop using the forum as a place to Fap over ****ing Gypo scum
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Out of all them I reckon Duke will go the furthest - he's insanely good. His attitude will be the only thing to stop him going big time IMO. When the F3 derby was on, Jaliens had him covered all game. And Duke didn't take kindly, and lashed out a bit. If he can calm his temper, he'll be terrific.
    Could not disagree more, I think Duke is overrated.

Also yes we have options at striker, but none of them are anywhere near the level we previously had so I'm not sure it's really that much of a positive...

Kruse has been great for the national team of late imo, one of the few shining lights going forward over the last few games, actually wanting to get in behind and be positive.

Can see the likes of Oar, Kruse, Leckie and even Ruka getting a decent looking with Ange, IF they can get game time at their clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by russjaybee View Post
    Could not disagree more, I think Duke is overrated.

Also yes we have options at striker, but none of them are anywhere near the level we previously had so I'm not sure it's really that much of a positive...

Kruse has been great for the national team of late imo, one of the few shining lights going forward over the last few games, actually wanting to get in behind and be positive.

Can see the likes of Oar, Kruse, Leckie and even Ruka getting a decent looking with Ange, IF they can get game time at their clubs.
    That's fair, I just see a lot in Duke. We just have to find the "next Dukes"

MFKFC - allegiances out the window for NT, smh ops:
    OK

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Gypo or not - Jedinak is awful
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Jedinak is brilliant. Not sure if people actually watch games or just hate him because he is a gypo.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Jedinak is brilliant. Not sure if people actually watch games or just hate him because he is a gypo.
    He does give the ball away here and there but who doesn't, he is so valuable to the team. If he can manage to cut out those few cheap turn overs each game he would easily be an amazing player.
    I actually believe he will go close to being next captain... though i would love to see it given to someone even younger like Williams, who will hopefully, under Ange, become number 1.
    Central pairing of williams and spirra would be ideal.

If that is the standard you want from our central midfielders then you're in luck but I'd prefer someone who can make a simple pass and is not so reactive.

Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

tim cahill had 8% of the man of the match votes at half time and the bloke wasn't even on the pitch

twitter and mobile phones have made this country dumb as dog shit

You need to get better at watching football, parksey. The off the ball work he does, the positioning, his work rate... it's all of a higher standard than almost the entire squad.

You would think we were talking about Michael Carrick here.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    You need to get better at watching football, parksey. The off the ball work he does, the positioning, his work rate... it's all of a higher standard than almost the entire squad.
    Its not just his positioning, he organises everyones positioning around him when we dont have the ball. There was a few times just before he won the ball he told vidosic/leckie/kruse where to go/hold the opposition to force them his way.

It's a pity he inevitably turns the ball over seconds after this great piece of work.

All we need to do is teach a pro footballer how to not panic on the ball and pick a pass and he'll be unstoppable!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    Dylan taking capo duties from the disabled section of bay 2 all the way to the international stage!

Man cannot be stopped
    Least I had a go Toby. They gave several people a go at megaphone duties last night.

Ta was very disorganized compared to the Iraq game.
    Quote Originally Posted by benfathers45 View Post
    Mangoes? You should try eating it first before you hate it. I'm sure after you have tasted it, you will love it.