View Poll Results: Which Import player is our #1 priority to Re-sign?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alivodic

0 0%
  • Leonardo

9 19.15%
  • Nordstrand

28 59.57%
  • Trifunovic

3 6.38%
  • Slobs

7 14.89%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Import Is Our #1 Priority To Re-sign?

Keep Nobby, Poljak & Milos.

Dump Leo, he's not happy here & homesick (obs from social media) and not worth the coin for sporatic appearances.

Enver lacks quality, and a suitable local can fill his spot.

Milos should be retained as at least he has been scoring. He's wasteful but I doubt we're paying overs and at least he's done a job in a difficult season. Poljak, like most water carriers, is underrated by the masses.

Nobby is worth a punt at Leo's expense.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    Comparing Cooper to Leo

I thought you would have gotten the dripping with sarcasm bit when I suggested we ask GvE to give us a player with good engines.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post

I thought you would have gotten the dripping with sarcasm bit when I suggested we ask GvE to give us a player with good engines.
    GvE's eye for young talent is only matched by his inability to manage a dressing room.

Keep Morten. If no better 10 is around/available then keep Leo.

Let Leo go and go for a disgruntled Finkler
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Let Leo go and go for a disgruntled Finkler
    This ever so much, would love to see finkler feeding Nobby and another striker with a bit of speed. Not the fastest around the ground but works hard for a no.10 and definitely has that 'end product'.

Realistically all of this comes down to getting new owners and what those new owners are willing to do for us. FFA is apparently gonna be trying to ship out marquees to different clubs as well which could be interesting.

I think no one is disputing Nobby, Milos and Leo are split and no one wants to keep Enver. Leo and Milos essentially come down to what is the other option, let's say we replace Milos for another player in the same vein who will also only get about 10 goals a season, then why replace him and not just give him another season to grow.

Leo is fully dependent on what he feels, if he isn't committed to the team he can leave but personally, from a players perspective we haven't had someone as creative as him before, so if we do replace him we gotta work towards signing someone of a similar skill set but preferably younger and more willing to track

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    we haven't had someone as creative as him before
    you forget Denni?

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    you forget Denni?
    We haven't had someone as creative as him in a long, long time, at the very least 5 seasons. We should've had someone in Ribiero but we never played him correctly

yeah im pretty happy to keep slobs
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Ribiero

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    Ribiero
    Just not sure what happened with this bloke. Maybe he told GVE he had pubes for hair on his head or something to that effect.

I recall the game v Brisbane away and he was one the best on the park out of both teams in the first half and was not seen in the second.

Anyways just bring Song back.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Just not sure what happened with this bloke. Maybe he told GVE he had pubes for hair on his head or something to that effect.

I recall the game v Brisbane away and he was one the best on the park out of both teams in the first half and was not seen in the second.

Anyways just bring Song back.
    Would happily have song back

Should resign James Squire on our beer taps. fk that current pi$$

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Should resign James Squire on our beer taps. fk that current pi$$
    Beer don't win you games.....I tried it believe me and 95% of time Newcastle Wholose
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Triffo has 9 goals sure but most of them are pens 3 are headers? and the rest are tap ins that anyone should score and his came off the keeper on the way in. The amount of easy and hard chances he has wasted by not firing quick enough or just by missing the target and the amount of times his lack of pace and lazy off the ball movement disrupts our play is more than enough reason not to resign him
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Triffo has 9 goals sure but most of them are pens 3 are headers? and the rest are tap ins that anyone should score and his came off the keeper on the way in. The amount of easy and hard chances he has wasted by not firing quick enough or just by missing the target and the amount of times his lack of pace and lazy off the ball movement disrupts our play is more than enough reason not to resign him
    Essentially this is where I my head is at. We need a striker with greater mobility and speed.
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Essentially this is where I my head is at. We need a striker with greater mobility and speed.
    Take drogba for example forget about his world class ability for second. He was a Target Man who was strong and quick, could hold up the ball and never hesitated to shoot when given the opportunity. Thats the kind of player we need. Im sure we can find a decent player who is quick and strong and miller can install the confidence to shoot when you see an opportunity
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

I think it's time for the forum to ditch the GVE digs. At least while he remains our only championship-winning coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    I think it's time for the forum to ditch the GVE digs. At least while he remains our only championship-winning coach.
    I always thought that Griffo was player coach when we won?..