Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: The Joke that is the Emerging Jets Program

Quote Originally Posted by evanhayes5 View Post
    I just dont get how someone like Paul Gomez hasnt been given a position with the youth team, despite being there for ages
    What has he ever achieved ? How does being there for ages qualify you for a position? Maybe the fact he has been there for ages and hasn't been offered anything tells you all you need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    On another note is it any coincidence that as soon as Zane gets punted from the role the Yoof team start getting results??

How the bloke retains a gig with the first team after how many runs as assistant coach defies logic

Bloke has been Assistant to Stubbins GVE Miller Jones and now Merrick

How he avoid the cull??
    Maybe be a very capable assistant but can't make the step up to leadership - Stubbins a case in itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Onehunglow View Post
    What has he ever achieved ? How does being there for ages qualify you for a position? Maybe the fact he has been there for ages and hasn't been offered anything tells you all you need to know.
    What has Labi done (coaching wise) to be given the mantle

Nothing that I can see either.

Everyone starts somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Banned
    Seems to be doing a much better job than the previous incumbents already

From what I heard Zane barely attended the Yoof training much and Gomez was running the training

If that the case then both need the flick well away from the EJ as Zane not giving 100% and Gomez found wanting on results

Seems to be doing a much better job than the previous incumbents already

From what I heard Zane barely attended the Yoof training much and Gomez was running the training

If that the case then both need the flick well away from the EJ as Zane not giving 100% and Gomez found wanting on results
    Yeh Clacka attended 1 youth session every couple of weeks, wasnt even at all of the games.

What I mean is maybe if Gomez had been given full control he could've got the best out of the boys. Imagine playing for a coach who only sometimes rocks up on gameday.

100% those boys would have more respect for Gomez then they do for Clacka, Lawrie and Labi.

Banned
    Yeh Clacka attended 1 youth session every couple of weeks, wasnt even at all of the games.

What I mean is maybe if Gomez had been given full control he could've got the best out of the boys. Imagine playing for a coach who only sometimes rocks up on gameday.

100% those boys would have more respect for Gomez then they do for Clacka, Lawrie and Labi.
    From what I heard Gomez is out there at the coal face trying to make it

I ain't knocking his efforts trying to make it in football but exactly what has he achieved so far in the game ??

That not a belittling statement but a question as I have no idea what they are

I though don't really see what your issue is with Labinot??

I don't give a **** if he don't have his certificates just yet
    We both know they just regulatory bullshit from the FFA and a professional footballer can coach a side successfully without them

Banned
    Went in early yesterday to watch the NPL Grand Final and caught the Jets v Olympic clash

Finished 4-0 to Olympic

Now I understand that GAVE is on his way to **** up southern NSW Football and Northern are getting their hands off ****ing it up and the Jets are taking over but Gypo McKinna has a lot of work to do to get the right people employed here as there was a hell of a lot wrong with that result ysterday and I not talking the 4 goal defecit

I didn't see one kid in the team with a bit of flair/skill talent outside the box that makes you think they going to make it to HEAL level

I seen 4 goals come from brain dead mistakes. Yes I undstand mistakes happen but the nature of these defies belief from an organisation trying to produce HAL players unless the aspiration is to produce clumsy defenders like Boogaard

What was though the most depressing thing was even at 4-0 down a ton of field position and dominance in general play the Jets continued to fail to create chances playing the same bullshit of passing side to side hoping to find space until they coughed it up

Not really good enough what has been going on at the EJ the last two to three years and high time they started getting their shit together

Sounds like they are setting up to bypass HAL and go straight to Socceroos with that assessment.

Went in early yesterday to watch the NPL Grand Final and caught the Jets v Olympic clash

Finished 4-0 to Olympic

Now I understand that GAVE is on his way to **** up southern NSW Football and Northern are getting their hands off ****ing it up and the Jets are taking over but Gypo McKinna has a lot of work to do to get the right people employed here as there was a hell of a lot wrong with that result ysterday and I not talking the 4 goal defecit

I didn't see one kid in the team with a bit of flair/skill talent outside the box that makes you think they going to make it to HEAL level

I seen 4 goals come from brain dead mistakes. Yes I undstand mistakes happen but the nature of these defies belief from an organisation trying to produce HAL players unless the aspiration is to produce clumsy defenders like Boogaard

What was though the most depressing thing was even at 4-0 down a ton of field position and dominance in general play the Jets continued to fail to create chances playing the same bullshit of passing side to side hoping to find space until they coughed it up

Not really good enough what has been going on at the EJ the last two to three years and high time they started getting their shit together
    Sounds like our A-League side
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Surely they created plenty of opportunities to pass backwards. Never mind the score it does not matter.

for 2 years difference they did a pretty good job against a solid Hamo side. Yeah around box they did lack attack on ground and air

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    for 2 years difference they did a pretty good job against a solid Hamo side. Yeah around box they did lack attack on ground and air
    It though around the box that they should actually be superior

There defenders and attackers should be sharp as speed and talent wise they not

Goal 1 - **** up Goal keeper parries a left wing cross to the penalty spot and watched it go past him on the follow up shot

Goal 2 Belter of an own goal with a great header giving the keeper no chance when it safer to put it out for a corner

Goal 3 Needless Free kick given away on the edge of the box after a poor Hamilton touch the defender panicked and hacked him down

Then keeper sets up wall and gets beaten on his side

Goal 4 Striker backed to goal on the penalty spot struggling to control the ball is barged in the back by defender and promptly falls over as you would expect

Reality is that is amatuer work from them and leaves some serious questions to be asked if the coaching staff as to what they are actually taught

It though around the box that they should actually be superior

There defenders and attackers should be sharp as speed and talent wise they not

Goal 1 - **** up Goal keeper parries a left wing cross to the penalty spot and watched it go past him on the follow up shot

Goal 2 Belter of an own goal with a great header giving the keeper no chance when it safer to put it out for a corner

Goal 3 Needless Free kick given away on the edge of the box after a poor Hamilton touch the defender panicked and hacked him down

Then keeper sets up wall and gets beaten on his side

Goal 4 Striker backed to goal on the penalty spot struggling to control the ball is barged in the back by defender and promptly falls over as you would expect

Reality is that is amatuer work from them and leaves some serious questions to be asked if the coaching staff as to what they are actually taught
    Harsh on the keeper for the free kick. It was very well taken.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Harsh on the keeper for the free kick. It was very well taken.
    Harsh to be critical of keeper not doing his job??

No dispute it was well taken but any keeper worth his salt would be unhappy getting beaten on that side from that distance without a deflection

Keeper seen it all the way and just didn't get close to it

Keeper dive or nah?

Hashtagaskingthebigquestions

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Keeper dive or nah?

Hashtagaskingthebigquestions
    If that was BK back in the day the GK thread would have seen 10 pages added to it overnight

Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

thread needs title change