Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: The Joke that is the Emerging Jets Program

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    All those expenses that the insurance does cover is also only paid out on a refund basis in other words don't hand them a bunch of unpaid medical invoices you need to pay them up yourself and claim back. From memory going back a few years now it was 80% and up to 5k. Yes you must seek to use up any or all of your private insurance first and they will not pay out on a particular item where a medicare item number exists. I think every paying parent or adult participant SHOULD be provided with a HARD COPY of this insurance policy given its questionable exclusions at the time of purchase ie registration. All players and parents need to be aware just how badly out of pocket they could be should they be seriously injured playing the game and in particular a injury with ongoing expenses not just the immediate attention required such as reconstructions etc.

Also i vaguely recall something about the insurance was brokered through a mob in Victoria and QBE at the time was the ultimate insurer. I remember at the time thinking about all this insurance business and reckoning that participants should be given the option at registration time to take up insurance via the registration process or go away and shop around for there own similar policy from other insurers and perhaps by default create competition and drive that component of registration down.

I am more than happy to be proven wrong/corrected but to the best of my knowledge this whole insurance business was a national arrangement and i guess with such a captive market arrangement you got to wonder just what and if " legally " they refer to them as rebates are involved ???????.

My whole experience re this insurance business goes back the best part of 5 yrs now so i am more then happy to be corrected if a have made any errors.
    spot on 380
    dodgy insurance, with massive kick back incentives to the associations, on reduced claims through out the year.
    tip would be-increase your on health cover, or better still, the associations deduct the cost, if you provide proof of health fund coverage. a option should be provided

Quote Originally Posted by redwah View Post
    How many of these elite programs produce any players of quality? My guess would be no more than a hand full...probably less. It shows in the results of the junior national teams....bloody rubbish.

The last few generations of players in this he national set up, before the current group, didn't have these elite programs....they played as teenagers in reserve grades with men from national league clubs or went to the uk and worked their asses off working their way through the leagues and clubs earning the right to play for bigger clubs. They didn't have a good season or two the piss off to Europe thinking they'd made by playing for fc shit kickers in the second tier of some second rate league.
    The whole concept of elite has been watered down by those running the game in the pursuit of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo Creed View Post
    spot on 380
    dodgy insurance, with massive kick back incentives to the associations, on reduced claims through out the year.
    tip would be-increase your on health cover, or better still, the associations deduct the cost, if you provide proof of health fund coverage. a option should be provided
    This x1000. It's been my argument the past few years. Now that I've dealt with the current insurance mob they're a joke. I'd even rather still pay my $300 rego and it all go to the club then a massive slab go to a useless insurance company

Any clubs looked into seeking grants for solar? Up here the plan is to collect and store (or sell back) for 12 months of the year, and only draw on the system for 5-6.

One bloke pushing it for reckons he's crunched the numbers and it'd save the local club considerable lighting costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Hard to argue with anything you have said, however if you look at the break up of where the money from registration goes (most clubs will supply this) the proportion to NNSW isn't the largest part. From memory as I don;t have the paperwork in front of me, the NPL registration for my boy has a $75 fee to NNSW. The majority goes to the club to pay all those first graders!

Don't misunderstand me, I agree wholeheartedly the NNSW is a comedy routine that is no longer funny. The whole place needs an enema.

If we want to get kids fees down, stop paying part time footballers or past it ex full time players. Let 'em play for the love of the game or as many would say "to give something back".
    Maybe have a look at NNSW 2015 Annual Report...a good insight into monies, wages etc.

http://northernnswfootball.com.au/ab...annual-report/

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    Any clubs looked into seeking grants for solar? Up here the plan is to collect and store (or sell back) for 12 months of the year, and only draw on the system for 5-6.

One bloke pushing it for reckons he's crunched the numbers and it'd save the local club considerable lighting costs.
    I know Magic have gone solar at Magic Park a few years ago

Maybe someone from their could enlighten us on the situation

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post

I would tell him to check his numbers again. The buy back tariff was slashed last November, making it doubtful you would even cover the cost of the system over the 10 year panel life.

Quote Originally Posted by Hutcho View Post
    I would tell him to check his numbers again. The buy back tariff was slashed last November, making it doubtful you would even cover the cost of the system over the 10 year panel life.
    Exactly. Solar only makes sense now if your using it as you make it (no good for lighting) or have a battery system which would need to be huge to run the lights at a ground.

Banned
    Went and watched these kids play Rosebuds on Saturday

What I saw actually showed me that the ****ers running it have nfi

These kids are not taught to win

They were 2-1 up at HT and Buds levelled it up early second half

Jets get in front and Buds get another red card and are down to 11

What do the Jets do.

Keep it tight at the back and see it out making there extra man count and put Buds on the back foot

No.

They allow the most piss weak equaliser where Buds looked like the team with the extra man with about 7 mins to go.

Then on the stroke of 90mins they Jag another lead at 4-3 as Bymora outpaces the defence and finds the bottom corner

So now it 4-3 and they have got the second chance to see it out.

They couldn't even get through the few minutes of injury time and Buds once again levelled it up with another soft goal

Seriously PSG Gypos etc aside how do you capitulate like that against 10 men twice??

Are these kids actually taught to defend
    Are these kids actually taught to fight

What though really pissed me off was the attitude of the kids and coaches at FT.

They should have been filthy at themselves
    But no it all good they played the system and made their KPI s etc

No wonder we can't get decent locals to play for the first team when they are taught to be losers before they even get to HAL level

Disgraceful

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Went and watched these kids play Rosebuds on Saturday

What I saw actually showed me that the ****ers running it have nfi

These kids are not taught to win

They were 2-1 up at HT and Buds levelled it up early second half

Jets get in front and Buds get another red card and are down to 11

What do the Jets do.

Keep it tight at the back and see it out making there extra man count and put Buds on the back foot

No.

They allow the most piss weak equaliser where Buds looked like the team with the extra man with about 7 mins to go.

Then on the stroke of 90mins they Jag another lead at 4-3 as Bymora outpaces the defence and finds the bottom corner

So now it 4-3 and they have got the second chance to see it out.

They couldn't even get through the few minutes of injury time and Buds once again levelled it up with another soft goal

Seriously PSG Gypos etc aside how do you capitulate like that against 10 men twice??

Are these kids actually taught to defend
    Are these kids actually taught to fight

What though really pissed me off was the attitude of the kids and coaches at FT.

They should have been filthy at themselves
    But no it all good they played the system and made their KPI s etc

No wonder we can't get decent locals to play for the first team when they are taught to be losers before they even get to HAL level

Disgraceful
    They lost their starting defender in Caio De Godoy a day before the game, has left the team apparently. A lot of those guys didnt play NYL also, and they had a lot of injuries as well

Member right. I can recall my young bloke just a few years ago playing a team that was in his comp playing up a year and having to play to the so called mantra. These poor kids use to get smashed most weeks doubles figures to nil and no matter what the scoreline they had to continue playing it out from the back. Any hint of any kid not doing this they got hooked.

I asked the parent of a child in the team and he said they were a development team and that the purpose of the team was to have these kids brought up playing this style of football.

Watching these kids have to play like this and coming off with there heads down at the completion of a game was a bit hard to take at times. Talk about stifling natural ability for the sake of winning the back pass stat.

Quote Originally Posted by evanhayes5 View Post
    They lost their starting defender in Caio De Godoy a day before the game, has left the team apparently. A lot of those guys didnt play NYL also, and they had a lot of injuries as well
    Caio De Godoy has left the youth team?
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    Maybe have a look at NNSW 2015 Annual Report...a good insight into monies, wages etc.

http://northernnswfootball.com.au/ab...annual-report/
    Wages and Salaries 2,053,216
    Superannuation 234,164
    Fringe benefits tax 30,882

some sizeable $ going round

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Caio De Godoy has left the youth team?
    Yeh from what i have been told

Something's rotten in the state of Northern NSW, and has been for years.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/f...06-gverql.html
    Everyone knows now

That article is reasonably spot on.
    Except for the distance on where the money runs out. I'd put that somewhere around 50km from Newcastle.
    NNSW couldn't give two ****s about clubs and players north of Maitland really.

Banned
    Apparently the club having taken over the EJ have appointed some FFA mango sucker to the role

I suppose the continued failing under The Egg will now be a thing of the past

I just dont get how someone like Paul Gomez hasnt been given a position with the youth team, despite being there for ages

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by evanhayes5 View Post
    I just dont get how someone like Paul Gomez hasnt been given a position with the youth team, despite being there for ages
    Maybe he not rated that highly

On another note is it any coincidence that as soon as Zane gets punted from the role the Yoof team start getting results??

How the bloke retains a gig with the first team after how many runs as assistant coach defies logic

Bloke has been Assistant to Stubbins GVE Miller Jones and now Merrick

How he avoid the cull??