Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Expectation for Season 2016-17

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    It's only a 10 team comp, I think if you can 1)get the right coach on board and 2)get a proper professional set-up which a good owner provides I really can't see why any team cannot aim for a top four finish.
    Melbourne City (Heart) as an example finished last in 2013/14, the City group took over providing the necessary funds to invest in players, set-up and they already jumped to 5th last year and improved to fourth this season.
    Adelaide with the "Spainish revolution" under Gombau and Amor have gone from 6th to 3rd and now 1st in 3 seasons.
    We finished 8th with a squad which was roughly half Stubbins and half Millers. Miller has had a whole season to assess who he needs to keep and who is surplus to requirements. He started the purge a few weeks back with Trifunovic and has continued that with the axing of 6-7 players in the last few days.
    Now if and I know this is a big IF, The Ledman group takes over in the next month or so and provides Miller with the funds to utilise the salary cap to maximum capacity plus 2 Marquees and just as importantly a fully professional set-up up with back-up staff to rival the other bigger clubs. Why would we need another 2 years of "rebuilding" just to be competing for a top four spot?
    This.

The only fault I find is your spelling of "Spainish"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    It's only a 10 team comp, I think if you can 1)get the right coach on board and 2)get a proper professional set-up which a good owner provides I really can't see why any team cannot aim for a top four finish.
    Melbourne City (Heart) as an example finished last in 2013/14, the City group took over providing the necessary funds to invest in players, set-up and they already jumped to 5th last year and improved to fourth this season.
    Adelaide with the "Spanish revolution" under Gombau and Amor have gone from 6th to 3rd and now 1st in 3 seasons.
    We finished 8th with a squad which was roughly half Stubbins and half Millers. Miller has had a whole season to assess who he needs to keep and who is surplus to requirements. He started the purge a few weeks back with Trifunovic and has continued that with the axing of 6-7 players in the last few days.
    Now if and I know this is a big IF, The Ledman group takes over in the next month or so and provides Miller with the funds to utilise the salary cap to maximum capacity plus 2 Marquees and just as importantly a fully professional set-up up with back-up staff to rival the other bigger clubs. Why would we need another 2 years of "rebuilding" just to be competing for a top four spot?
    Even without these Marquees even without these salary cap allowances being utilised we can still make the top 4 with competent coaching and players

Gypos done it for years and they never had the cash to maximise the salary cap and Marquees etc

Lester poised to win the EPL down to tactics and players performance.Not cash

If those things can be done by these clubs then there is no reason we cant

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Even without these Marquees even without these salary cap allowances being utilised we can still make the top 4 with competent coaching and players

Gypos done it for years and they never had the cash to maximise the salary cap and Marquees etc

fmd

Yes, under Arnie the Gypos had no Marquees but didn't they have Aloisi when we played them in the '08 GF?....careful when you use the word "never" Member lol.

I think from time to time everything will fall into place for a team like Leicester or like Valencia a few years back when they broke the Barca/Real stranglehold in La Liga but really this is low percentage stuff. Same as what we achieved in'08 with no Marquee and no 3rd party agreements, everything just fell into place nicely that season. It may happen again but I think the likliehood is becoming less and less. The scouting of in particular imports has been exceptional this season in the A League, Castro is a Marquee but for City to have any chance of keeping Fornaroli, he will have to given Marquee status and paid accordingly.
    To even have a chance of competing for a top four spot, based on the improving standard this season in the A League you will need at least 2 players who are of outstanding quality who can turn a game on their own. Sure a very good coach can make a big difference and play to the team's strengths but you still need a Fornaroli or a MacLaren or a Keogh or a Berisha who is going to score the goals and a Mooy or a Castro or a Carrusca or a Nicholls who can provide that killer pass and also chip in with a goal here and there.

I thought i'd let the Leicester thing go from earlier since we were sort of on different pages but you've just done it again and proven another point i was trying to make.

Leicester aren't going to win the EPL just because they changed tactics from last year. They've been systematically improving the club from top to bottom to compete at the top level. They brought in better youth coaches and were promoted to the Barclays U21 league Division 1. They brought in new scouts a couple of years ago to improve their network, they've been spending money on the stadium to boost attendances, they have one of the best pitches in the EPL nowadays. They are a very well run club... Their chairman knows exactly how to run a successful football club and now they are showing it on the pitch.

Yes, Ranieri had to come in an change the tactics and the players had to perform amazingly but it helps when you have a steady and successful business to work for.

As for the Gypos, they have proven time and again that they can out perform us when it comes to running a viable business with 1/4 of our supporters and resources. Their Youth academy is doing well and they seem to lose less money than us.

Just let that sink in... That's how bad the numpties we've had in charge really are. We have 11,000 members and could easily pull 15,000 fans to games with a good owner. I don't give a shit about 1 year of finals football or 2. I want an owner to come in and set us up to be successful across the park. Spend some money to attract fans/sponsors/sauce bottles and make us a decent club, then it won't be a matter of making the finals, it'll be a matter of making the ACL finals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    this is why I think we need the ability to like posts on this forum - I don't have anything to add to Frodo's post other than it is correct and agree with everything said

EDIT: I meant the post with the words
    Last edited by boz-monaut; 19-04-2016 at 09:02 PM. Reason: also works for the puppies one too

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Their Youth academy is doing well and they seem to lose less money than us.
    Gypos youth academy is doing well possibly because they play against Sydney oppositions. Maybe Jerks should look at that. I heard of 2 14 /15 years old kids who left Emerging Jets to join Gypo academy for that exact reason....apparently better and more competitive oppositions
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Banned
    I thought i'd let the Leicester thing go from earlier since we were sort of on different pages but you've just done it again and proven another point i was trying to make.

Leicester aren't going to win the EPL just because they changed tactics from last year. They've been systematically improving the club from top to bottom to compete at the top level. They brought in better youth coaches and were promoted to the Barclays U21 league Division 1. They brought in new scouts a couple of years ago to improve their network, they've been spending money on the stadium to boost attendances, they have one of the best pitches in the EPL nowadays. They are a very well run club... Their chairman knows exactly how to run a successful football club and now they are showing it on the pitch.

Yes, Ranieri had to come in an change the tactics and the players had to perform amazingly but it helps when you have a steady and successful business to work for.

As for the Gypos, they have proven time and again that they can out perform us when it comes to running a viable business with 1/4 of our supporters and resources. Their Youth academy is doing well and they seem to lose less money than us.

Just let that sink in... That's how bad the numpties we've had in charge really are. We have 11,000 members and could easily pull 15,000 fans to games with a good owner. I don't give a shit about 1 year of finals football or 2. I want an owner to come in and set us up to be successful across the park. Spend some money to attract fans/sponsors/sauce bottles and make us a decent club, then it won't be a matter of making the finals, it'll be a matter of making the ACL finals.
    Firstly Lester haven't done anything to their stadium in 13 years since it was built.
    Having plans to expand it in the future are just that . Words about as useful as a politicians promise until it materialises

The club were in the Championship 24 months ago. If they have fundamentally over hauled their club as much as you claim how much you want to bet they are not in the top 4 next season??

Man City Chelsea will be back, Scousers should improve under Klopp Arsenal will do their usual.Throw in Spuds who are on the up Man U have a pile of kids who will be better in 12 months time and tell me again they have built a long term sustainable situation at the top??

I back they won't even make top 10 next season

Yeah they have spent money. Whoopeededoo

Every club in the EPL has a multi million pound transfer budget.

They have actually spent **** all compared to others.
    Others are also spending money on stuff they do. Don't try and tell anyone they have invented the wheel let alone reinvented it

They have just spent money prudently and got exceptional results for their money spent

Now explain to me why our club can't do this??

No reason whatsoever

Just let that sink in... That's how bad the numpties we've had in charge really are. We have 11,000 members and could easily pull 15,000 fans to games with a good owner.
    yes & correct but I thought those thoughts were all a given anyway.

but here's the crux....plan a good holiday at end of the reg season next year cause there'll be no Aleague here

btw Leicester management cant believe their team is this good and they have no idea how to do it again either
    Last edited by hawk; 19-04-2016 at 11:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    I predict that we will be debating who our number one keeper is regardless of who has been signed.

It's a better tradition than the Masters IMHO.
    BK sux
    Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    It's was criticism because the discussion was about rego cost and you stated ours is higher than yours

If Miller stays, top 6.

If Miller goes than I expect we are competitive.

Reasons being, Miller should be able to get the players in for a top 6 finish. Yeh top 4 would be great but after not making he finals for god knows how long now top 6 will do me. If we get a new manager than another rebuilding year I suppose.

Stop picking on the Member. Nothing wrong with setting some goals, it's not like he's demanding we win the ACL as well.

Besides, you blokes are the exact same nay-sayers who said we'd never win the Singapore 6's.

Egg on all your faces.

Quote Originally Posted by the_butcher View Post
    BK sux
    negative ghost rider move along
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

expectations?

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    expectations?

gggggoooooaaaaaallllllllll!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    expectations?

Now those are the big expectations that I like

too big

I think we will finish around the same position.