Page 159 of 193 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169 ... LastLast
Results 3,161 to 3,180 of 3858

Thread: 2016/17 Squad Thread

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    People don't seem to realise how hard it is to sign people in january unless you want to pay stupid money or sign someone out of contract who may not be good enough.
    *cough* Ugarkovic *cough* Nordstrand *cough*

Maybe people just don't want to play for Jones? Or maybe his scouting network is "blokes I saw in the A-League or watched in Adelaide"?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    *cough* Ugarkovic *cough* Nordstrand *cough*

Maybe people just don't want to play for Jones? Or maybe his scouting network is "blokes I saw in the A-League or watched in Adelaide"?
    Weren't they both off contract??
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Weren't they both off contract??
    Isn't that irrelevant? Your point was "off contract and not good enough".

Maybe Jones is just really shit at identifying people he wants to play for him.

Isn't that irrelevant? Your point was "off contract and not good enough".

Maybe Jones is just really shit at identifying people he wants to play for him.
    Maybe but we haven't seen enough to comment on that
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Maybe but we haven't seen enough to comment on that
    Haven't seen enough of what? His signings are Johnny K and Allwright, both local Adelaide players, and an old Australian keeper who doesn't appear to have touched a ball outside of training since 2011.

I see where others are coming from... Jones gets a free pass but Miller who dug us out of the shit in the first place is the devil.

Haven't seen enough of what? His signings are Johnny K and Allwright, both local Adelaide players, and an old Australian keeper who doesn't appear to have touched a ball outside of training since 2011.

I see where others are coming from... Jones gets a free pass but Miller who dug us out of the shit in the first place is the devil.
    Not really Miller was both praised and criticized when warranted. He did alot of good things but he's not the best weve ever had. And of Jones's signings weve only seen Johnny who looks good and a tiny bit of Sawyer where its too early to tell. Jones also gets the same praise and criticism when warranted

love at first sight

Not really Miller was both praised and criticized when warranted. He did alot of good things but he's not the best weve ever had. And of Jones's signings weve only seen Johnny who looks good and a tiny bit of Sawyer where its too early to tell. Jones also gets the same praise and criticism when warranted
    all jonesy had to do was to sign his old flame KATIE GILL in the transfer window. she can score goals..
    thats his only down fall

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    Griffo is the football operation manager and does much of the negotiations. You gonna extend this pathetic cycle of blame to him too?
    Nah you are right......no one is to blame. Everyone tries super hard and they are nice blokes. Carry on

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    On the flip side. When did Miller become the Messiah? In my opinion you put Jones v Miller and they've achieved on par with eachother. No more no less. Squad ability is probably the same. You can't honestly say Jone's is sooo much better etc.
    Maybe its just a good thing that people are getting behind the team. It was starting to happen under Miller. Things were coming good. He ****ed up. We move on and now it's starting to happen under Jones.
    Squad ability the same......ffs what are you smoking.

Brown, Nabbout, Hoole all added to the first team plus Ugarkovic and Nordstrand only came onboard in a January.

Seriously deluded if you can't accept we have a far better squad.

Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post

Brown, Nabbout, Hoole all added to the first team plus Ugarkovic and Nordstrand only came onboard in a January.

I can be deluded at times. But you had a quality no.10 in Leonardo. No matter how many people bagged him. Triff showed much more then Kokko. Leaky G, Biraz. Its much the same squad. Maybe one or two improvements.
    On the flip side Jones had a horror run with long term injuries to first team players. Much more then what Miller experienced.
    Accept it. Miller's squad was mid to low table. At this stage I'd say Jone's is much of the same.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post

Same level of ability the squads from last year to this???

What you smoking??

Birraz
    Leaky G
    Leonardo
    Devon Head

All quality players

Other than Birraz Millertime got **** * all out of them

He also got less out of Triff and Alivodic than he should have

Same squads???

Last year's squad to me had better quality to it individual wise
    This year's squad has more depth but an even ness to it

End of day this is still a fact
    Jones is using all Miller's squad at this point in time

He has us playing exciting football

Millertime never played anything as exciting in the 12 months he was here.

Jones 1-0

Can't wait to see what we doing in anything year or so time under Jones when he has had an opportunity to really get us playing his way with signings and a pre season getting the club working on his tactics methods

Quite frankly I couldn't give a **** if we make the semis or not

I just enjoying my football team playing at the moment

Something that your boy Millertime never understood

The concept of having a ****ing go

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Same level of ability the squads from last year to this???

What you smoking??

Birraz
    Leaky G
    Leonardo
    Devon Head

All quality players

Other than Birraz Millertime got **** * all out of them

He also got less out of Triff and Alivodic than he should have

Same squads???

Last year's squad to me had better quality to it individual wise
    This year's squad has more depth but an even ness to it

End of day this is still a fact
    Jones is using all Miller's squad at this point in time

He has us playing exciting football

Millertime never played anything as exciting in the 12 months he was here.

Jones 1-0

Can't wait to see what we doing in anything year or so time under Jones when he has had an opportunity to really get us playing his way with signings and a pre season getting the club working on his tactics methods

Quite frankly I couldn't give a **** if we make the semis or not

I just enjoying my football team playing at the moment

Something that your boy Millertime never understood

The concept of having a ****ing go
    Your once again right on the money member. I may get angry and frustrated when we lose but 80% of the time this team doesn't drop heads and fights till the end. When is the last time we've been able to say this??? probably Brankos last season in charge and before that the GF winning season

love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    I've never had him up as the messiah but he didn't do a lot wrong & had us going in the right direction after our most disastrous season. I guess that's my point though - why was Miller bagged on so much when Jones is seemingly given a free pass?
    I thought jones was copping more than enough until we turned the corner with the away win at Perth. I agree he isn't the perfect fit( some subs are highly questionable, playing Mullen at rb, kokko situation) but I'm not gonna stay bitter about Scott getting sacked and taking it out on a bloke who finally has us playing something good that will produce success if the defence can be sorted out. By defence I also include dm's in that.

So I said squad is reasonably the same.

Borat calls me deluded and high and says Miller's squad was far below average

Member calls Borat deluded and high and insist Miller's squad was far superior and he failed with them.

There's a pole in the somewhere If Slobs is added.

Miller sucked.

Jones sucks.

Gypo CEO sucks.

Save your energy people.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    So I said squad is reasonably the same.

Borat calls me deluded and high and says Miller's squad was far below average

Member calls Borat deluded and high and insist Miller's squad was far superior and he failed with them.

There's a pole in the somewhere If Slobs is added.
    Agree its a circular argument.

So lets see where we end up on that table at seasons end. Out of the 8 games left we have 2 games against CCM, 1 against Adelaide and 1 against the Nix so there should be no excuses not to finish the season strongly. By your logic the squads are similar in quality so equalling last years points tally should be easy.

My tip.......we lose to Victory this week and the pressure starts to mount with the CCM looking like they are becoming stronger. It could go either way. If Jones can get the side firing and into the finals then I will tip my hat to him. If Lawrie can sign anyone decent who stays longer than 2 weeks then I will tip my hat to him as well.

I have been a Jets supporter since day 1 and would rather my team was back in the finals. I don't see it with the current setup but time will tell.

We are going to get destroyed by the scum and they are going to sneak into the 6.

We are going to get destroyed by the scum and they are going to sneak into the 6.
    I would never suggest that and be negative and all........ Am happy for Mr Jones to show his worth and see us into the finals

Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    all jonesy had to do was to sign his old flame katie gill in the transfer window. She can score goals..
    Thats his only down fall
    boooooom...

Petratos just revealed as Ulsan player. Passed the medical. Thanks for the split of the 300k, I guess.

If we ever play him (HAHA like we'd made the ACL) or he comes back to any other A-league club. Someone better break his fkin legs.

Dog.