Page 191 of 193 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193 LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,820 of 3858

Thread: 2016/17 Squad Thread

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Never understood this whole 'developing players' argument. Unless your entire squad is above the age of 30 you are in some way developing talent.

We need to keep/sell players based on output:wage ratios. If you are a 19 yr old kid earning peanuts but can play off the bench than you might be worth keeping around. If you are a 28-30 yr old earning some of the biggest wages at our club but aren't in the starting 11/maybe even the bench than you should have been moved on before it got to this stage.

The jets need to look at where their wage bill is heaviest and get more bang for our buck player output wise. If we are going to win the spoon every 2nd year at least pay the minimum amount for it and subsidise drink prices at the games.
    Actually that is the best idea of 2017

If we are going to be shit

Let's spend the minimum on players and just put it to other worth while projects like Jet Shaped hats, half priced beers, Giant pool party with SD as host etc

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    These guys would be decent squad players Fill the rest of the squad with higher quality players
    That is basically the style of thinking that has got us in this rut.

It why blokes like Kanta and BK have been kept for years despite not actually developing enough to claim a starting spot.

It why blokes like Raheem walk out on us then come back then want to **** off again.

It's why we get blokes like Galloway Gallagher Cameron Watson at our club

It just piss weak thinking to hope this type of weak thinking is going to get us anywhere

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    So we could be going for Castro according to The World Game
    McKinna doing a great job at diverting the heat off Jones with bullshit rumours.

Club needs to hand SD subsidies so these pool parties can continue

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    That is basically the style of thinking that has got us in this rut.

It why blokes like Kanta and BK have been kept for years despite not actually developing enough to claim a starting spot.

It why blokes like Raheem walk out on us then come back then want to **** off again.

It's why we get blokes like Galloway Gallagher Cameron Watson at our club

It just piss weak thinking to hope this type of weak thinking is going to get us anywhere
    Well our squad cant all be first teamers on big wages. These guys would be on low coin as well. Unless you can name me 6 or 7 other squad players worth getting. This is just the best of the bunch from our current squad IMO
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Banned
    Well our squad cant all be first teamers on big wages. These guys would be on low coin as well. Unless you can name me 6 or 7 other squad players worth getting. This is just the best of the bunch from our current squad IMO
    Why can't our squad all be first teamers??

Seems to be the idea of competent club

Fill up your 23 man roster with as many first team players as possible

Yet we lucky to fill up our 23 man roster with non first teamers

Why can't our squad all be first teamers??

Seems to be the idea of competent club

Fill up your 23 man roster with as many first team players as possible

Yet we lucky to fill up our 23 man roster with non first teamers
    Works in theory. But then again so does everything...

Lets be realistic.

A club has to have 20 players minimum, 23 players maximum (this to me still seems too little considering we're still pushing to be a big part of ACL)
    Of those 23 players, you have to have a minimum 3 Australian players aged 20 or under. So lets assume they're all Youth players who would only MAYBE come off the bench, that leaves 20 players to be of genuine first team or rotation standard.

Now if a club was smart, you can spend up to $150k outside the cap on 3 Australian youth players 23 or under who have come up through your club. So you'd spend that on the 3 players you have to have in the squad.

Salary cap is $2.60 million (2016/17), and you have to spend a minimum $2.34 million (90% of the cap).
    That means you have an average of between $117,000 and $130,000 per player for the remaining 20.

Say you pay 6 rotation players just the minimum wage ($55,715) and 3 bench/rotation players slightly more ($65,000) that's only $529,290 out of the cap.
    Leaving $2.07 million to spend on your first team starting 11. An average of $188,246 per player.
    The average increases further when you include the 2 marquees you can have for an unlimited amount.

It's fairly generic, but I can start to see where we might have been going when we were under FFA control and not allowed to use a marquee, and then again this season when we declined to use even one of those spots.

Problem is we have too many players on ridiculous money to be able to bargain effectively.

I mean how do you negotiate contracts / offers to potential defenders taking into consideration what Boogs and Mullen are being paid. The new players will at least want as much if not more because the price is already established.
    How about a striker: Look what the current ones are paid - look at how many goals they have scored. New striker will again base their claims on current strikers wage and performance.
    What other clubs offer doesn't need to be anywhere near our offers because the risk of playing here is so high - wooden spoons don't look good on anyone's CV

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Problem is we have too many players on ridiculous money to be able to bargain effectively.

I mean how do you negotiate contracts / offers to potential defenders taking into consideration what Boogs and Mullen are being paid. The new players will at least want as much if not more because the price is already established.
    How about a striker: Look what the current ones are paid - look at how many goals they have scored. New striker will again base their claims on current strikers wage and performance.
    What other clubs offer doesn't need to be anywhere near our offers because the risk of playing here is so high - wooden spoons don't look good on anyone's CV
    We dont even know if these besides boogs are on stupid money.

Banned
    We dont even know if these besides boogs are on stupid money.
    **** I hope Mullen is on stupid money just to see how you respond

He'll get resigned for Boogs money cause he is Jones number 1 playa and as if the rest of you wouldnt be angry if he was
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Before we sign any striker we need players who can actually cross the ball and deliver a Corner that isn't too long or short

love at first sight

Before we sign any striker we need players who can actually cross the ball and deliver a Corner that isn't too long or short
    Wow!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

If we are going to be shit

Let's spend the minimum on players and just put it to other worth while projects like Jet Shaped hats, half priced beers, Giant pool party with SD as host etc
    Hello, this is what we have been spouting for yrs while youve been skitzing out about performances.

Member has finally come round.

Worldgame reporting we are still in talks with FBK. Have some interest in Austin. Very confident with odonnovan and Castro is a bit of a dream.
    Not really anything we don't already know.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Worldgame reporting we are still in talks with FBK. Have some interest in Austin. Very confident with odonnovan and Castro is a bit of a dream.
    Not really anything we don't already know.
    where does this leave Lee's chinese and chilean player thing?

love at first sight

Well ocaravan, brown, fbk would take up 3. That's provided they don't use a marquee

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Well ocaravan, brown, fbk would take up 3. That's provided they don't use a marquee
    Surely were getting rid of Brown.

love at first sight